Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL

From Boston.com:

Red Sox catcher/DH slugger Ryan Lavarnway will join the team in Kansas City and it looks like Kevin Youkilis is going to do some DL time because of a sore back.

Unfortunately, Lavarnway, who is hitting .284 with 14 homers and 38 RBI in Pawtucket, is in the middle of a 5-for-40 (.125) slump and 2 for his last 26. Lavarnway may get some DH time while David Ortiz nurses his right heel bursitis.

Between Double-A Portland and Pawtucket, Lavarnway has hit 30 homers with 85 RBI, a .293 average and a .931 OPS. He has struck out 102 times in 417 at-bats.

Youkilis will have to undergo some rehab on his back and may have an injection according to a team source but Youkilis does not not have any major structural issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL

Lets see what the kid does with ML pitching..from everything ive seen, he looks like he should be fine with the bat..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Let's hope the kid can spark the offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i was hoping he would get the call up. unfortunately it is at youks expense. i hope they give him some starts behind the plate and not just at dh. maybe alternate him and salty between catcher and dh until ortiz comes back. i gotta say i am exited to see what he can do at the ml level. i just hope he gets a lot of starts and is given every chance to earn a spot on the team. tek is brutal and could not hit a beach ball at this point and salty has been decent but not great. next the sox should call up jose iglesias to play short. i guess mike aviles is going to be our starter while youk is on the dl and scutaro is making his way back from injury. jed will have to play 3rd. so then who does that leave as our back up middle infielder. hmmm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL:
    From Boston.com:   Red Sox catcher/DH slugger Ryan Lavarnway will join the team in Kansas City and it looks like Kevin Youkilis is going to do some DL time because of a sore back. Unfortunately, Lavarnway, who is hitting .284 with 14 homers and 38 RBI in Pawtucket, is in the middle of a 5-for-40 (.125) slump and 2 for his last 26. Lavarnway may get some DH time while David Ortiz nurses his right heel bursitis. Between Double-A Portland and Pawtucket, Lavarnway has hit 30 homers with 85 RBI, a .293 average and a .931 OPS. He has struck out 102 times in 417 at-bats. Youkilis will have to undergo some rehab on his back and may have an injection according to a team source but Youkilis does not not have any major structural issue.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

It's amazing how many injuries Red Sox players get during the course of a season.  You can look around the league on almost every team in the majors and never see so many to key players.

It certainly makes one wonder what these guys do for conditioning and why they can't seem to make it through a full season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

seems like the kid's in a slump; should fit right into the sox line-up.
    hopefully, he'll bat ahead of jd crawford.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

That makes sense. 3B goes on the DL, call up a third catcher?
    Wouldn't a call-up of Iglesias been more prudent?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL:
    In Response to Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL : It's amazing how many injuries Red Sox players get during the course of a season.  You can look around the league on almost every team in the majors and never see so many to key players. It certainly makes one wonder what these guys do for conditioning and why they can't seem to make it through a full season.
    Posted by craze4sox

I have been saying this for years - the number of out of shape Sox players carrying too much weight/aka "back strains" is amazing...then again look at our Club Med Ft Myers regimen and you can see why...combine that with our manager's fear of any boo-boo and you get the softest players in the league...the absolute SOFTEST PLAYERS IN MLB....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

It appears Sox could be resting the guys for the final run...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

That makes sense. 3B goes on the DL, call up a third catcher? Wouldn't a call-up of Iglesias been more prudent?
    Posted by Alibiike

need someone who has the potential to hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It appears Sox could be resting the guys for the final run...
    Posted by beavis

They get 4 months of rest when the season is over. I wonder how many days off our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq get!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL : I have been saying this for years - the number of out of shape Sox players carrying too much weight/aka "back strains" is amazing...then again look at our Club Med Ft Myers regimen and you can see why...combine that with our manager's fear of any boo-boo and you get the softest players in the league...the absolute SOFTEST PLAYERS IN MLB....
    Posted by georom4

The Red Sox number one problem each year appears to be their own lack of conditioning.  I have been around ballplayers for a long time and some players take this game so seriously you rarely ever see them miss a game.  Its enough to make you seriously question and disrespect the teams approach to the game.  Take Scutaro "come on" this guy is like Drew when it comes to unknown injuries, then Youk all of a sudden with a back problem, Papi who doesn't even play the field and Clays back?

What in the world kind of training/conditioning "if any" do these guys do to stay in top physical condition?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from )>TheBabe<(. Show )>TheBabe<('s posts

In Response to Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL : It's amazing how many injuries Red Sox players get during the course of a season.  You can look around the league on almost every team in the majors and never see so many to key players. It certainly makes one wonder what these guys do for conditioning and why they can't seem to make it through a full season.

Posted by craze4sox

youk is fragile....he needs to move to DH to try and stay healthy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Posted by craze4sox

Arod, Jeter, Chamberlain, Hughes, Soriano, Colon  all have done time on the DL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Today's lineup:

Jacoby Ellsbury,CF
    Dustin Pedroia,2b
    Adrian Gonzalez,1b
    help
    Help
    Help!
    Oh My God, Help us!!
    For the Love of God, HELP!!!!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

ehy not middlebrooks to play third?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Posted by craze4sox

If you used this sorce to make such a statement then you are wrong. Why would you want to exaggerate? What would be your motive?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/wsfb/news/injuries.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_players

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR", THIS COULD BE THE "HOPEY/CHANGEY" THAT WE NEED.... AND BRING THE KID SHORTSTOP UP TOO !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Heck, bring up anyone who can stay in the lineup for a month and produce.  Its like watching a bunch of nursing home residents play the game for us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Posted by craze4sox

If you used this sorce to make such a statement then you are wrong. Why would you want to exaggerate? What would be your motive?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/wsfb/news/injuries.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_players

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

ehy not middlebrooks to play third?
    Posted by small-package

Other teams , will jump position players from double A to the show, but the Sox almost never do. They will bring the odd pitcher up from Double A for a cup of coffee.

Middlebrooks would be a handy call up, but it's only his second year in pro ball. I don't think they want to take a chance, if he isn't ready , it sets back his developement. He'll be here in 2013 and they want to make sure he's ready.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL : Arod, Jeter, Chamberlain, Hughes, Soriano, Colon  all have done time on the DL
    Posted by chuchos

How many have come up back injuries?  This is not the standard around the league.

Drew - arm, back and everything else possible
    Youk - back, leg,
    Scutaro - chest muscle, back
    Clay - back
    Wake - back
    Jenks - back
    Lowrie - back
    Beckett - back
    Lester - back

Who else did I miss anyone?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

craze, i have....owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...my baaaacck...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

craze, i have....owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...my baaaacck...
    Posted by dannycater

DC,  I think the Sox have the market cornered on back braces.  I'm surprised we haven't worn them during the game yet :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL : They get 4 months of rest when the season is over. I wonder how many days off our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq get!
    Posted by Alibiike

hey, no fair! our troops are paid a lot more money than underpaid ball players.
    they should get less time off.

Sections
Shortcuts