Lavarnway Again

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Lavarnway Again

In Response to Re: Lavarnway Again:
    [QUOTE]As a person of no color, how is that hope and change working out for you?
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Better than the alternative.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Bush was a legacy.  Acutally both Bushes were legacies as Nazi-enabler Prescott was digging up Geronimo's bones before H.W. was even a twinkle in his eye.  Being a legacy reuptedly makes it easier to get into Yale.

But this isn't about politics.  This is about Ryan Lavarnway, who is a smart kid and is having a hot streak for the ages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Being a legacy son of a senator didn't hurt either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I think I read once that every kid in Al Gores high school got accepted to harvard or some such school. All 15 of his graduation class. They didn't even ask for his grades or something like that. Those days are over but being a legacy still helps some.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It wasn't exactly like that but it was something extremely close to that. Back then, being the son of a legacy senator was basically automatic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Just a quick note on Lavarnway. He hit his 12th HR last night and he's the
    cover boy on the Baseball America website and their weekly Prospect Hot Sheet, he's numero uno.

Here's the link to the prospect hot sheet:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2011/2612126.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Just a quick note on Lavarnway. He hit his 12th HR last night and he's the cover boy on the Baseball America website and their weekly Prospect Hot Sheet, he's numero uno. Here's the link to the prospect hot sheet: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2011/2612126.html
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Very nice link, thanks for the update.  Chaing was listed at #5 as well.  I didn't realize that part of his breakout was related to better managing type 1 diabetes.  Now if he can figure out how to play OF defense, he'll be all set.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway Again : Very nice link, thanks for the update.  Chaing was listed at #5 as well.  I didn't realize that part of his breakout was related to better managing type 1 diabetes.  Now if he can figure out how to play OF defense, he'll be all set.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

JB-3 - I read about Chaing also, but I had already hit send. That was interesting about the Chinese dietician and how they are hopefully battling his diabetes effectively now. With Lavarnway, Chaing and Middlebrooks really moving up,
    their farm system is in great shape regardless of what they gave up for Gonzalez. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Some of the most exciting players they have are down in A ball. Brentz, Jacobs, Bogaerts, Coyle, Cecchini, Head. The are quickly replenishing. In all honesty, I think the farm is already better than last year.

Sections
Shortcuts