Lavarnway "catcher of the future"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Lavarnway

Ok, so everyone seems to want to be patient with Lavarnway but not with Salty, even though hes only about 2 years older and really didnt start to truly be taught the position as a MLB player until he came with the Sox. Even though it comes more naturally to him...

Hey, I hope if Lav is the guy they want that he can put it all together. Just remember, its certainly NOT an overnight project. be patient for a couple years because its obvious that he needs a lot of work defensively and offensively.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Lava can utilize his bat 100% and gives this team 30+ HRs and 100+ RBIs at 1B, then I'd be willing to give him a try.  Remember when Ortiz was struggling at the plate and many thought his tenure at Boston almost came to an end, Lava was next in line to take over. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so everyone seems to want to be patient with Lavarnway but not with Salty, even though hes only about 2 years older and really didnt start to truly be taught the position as a MLB player until he came with the Sox. Even though it comes more naturally to him...

Hey, I hope if Lav is the guy they want that he can put it all together. Just remember, its certainly NOT an overnight project. be patient for a couple years because its obvious that he needs a lot of work defensively and offensively.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, which is why I like the  Ross signing.

I think another 1/2 in AAA, at least, would do Lavarnway good.

If there's an injury or a market for Salty, at the trade dealine, he can be brought back up then.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, which is why I like the  Ross signing.

I think another 1/2 in AAA, at least, would do Lavarnway good.

If there's an injury or a market for Salty, at the trade dealine, he can be brought back up then.

[/QUOTE]

Im just wondering what the Sox see in Lav that every other scout doesnt. Maybe they are thinking about converting him back to a position player. maybe their so stuck in their own thoughts that IF they can make this kid a catcher, they will have another all around offensive and defensive guy behind the plate. or maybe their taking offers on him.

Besides old man Bill calling this guy Carlton Fisk, Im not so sure everyone on here completely believes in Lav as an everyday catcher.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts