Lavarnway is struggling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Lavarnway is struggling

He can't hit MLB pitching, has difficulty throwing the ball to the second baseman, and made a poor effort of Ells throw from center. Salty is a better catcher who strikess out too much. How about Napoli as a stop gap till Sox find catcher of the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Lavarnway is struggling

In response to wvwc61 comment:

He can't hit MLB pitching, has difficulty throwing the ball to the second baseman, and made a poor effort of Ells throw from center. Salty is a better catcher who strikess out too much. How about Napoli as a stop gap till Sox find catcher of the future.

Everybody is struggling. It's endemic, and unlikely to change, at least, a meaningful (for others) the next Yankee series. Lavanway is not ready and, with the preparation he's had, it's unlikely he'll make the grade. Neither will Salty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Boom. He kept his head down and unlocked his hip, and cut out the long uppercut. Great to see. Let us hope this gets him started. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

The majority of rookies struggle.  I would rather have Lava struggle this year and be solid next year and going forward.  He has a much more Red Sox style of hitting than Salty and has comparable power.  I am glad they are getting the pitchers used to him now.

I don't see Napoli coming here, nor do I want him.  What this team needs is quality starting pitching and an ace.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to expitch's comment:

Boom. He kept his head down and unlocked his hip, and cut out the long uppercut. Great to see. Let us hope this gets him started. 

That was certainly nice to see.  The kid has some real power and can get on base.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

That ball was grooved for him but at least he didn't miss it. He's not getting many mistake pitches to hit but Ross seems to find enough of them. Hopefully he can build some confidence. He should be ok long term. He has adjusted well to every other level.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Anyone but Salty. A Catcher needs good hands and agility. Salty can't catch. He's a backup catcher/1B bench guy.

Do you actually watch the games?  Lava has pretty good press, but have you watched him behind the plate?  The difference between him & Salty is NEGLIGIBLE at best!  His arm is NOT better than Salty's!  Salty actually has the "softer hands," with fewer passed balls!  I guarantee that you simply read stuff on the computer, & spit out what you deem the intelligent view.  Lava vs. Salty????  It's easily a toss up at best!!!!!!!  If you use the argument with Iggy vs. whoever, where you discount up to .60 in BA, you could easily argue that Salty is the better catcher right now.

Catch a clue Softy!  Try watching a game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yes, poster no one knows, Lavarnway can't hit major league pitching. He clearly proved that tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The "poster no one knows." That's funny.

Would that make you the poster no one wants to know?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The "poster no one knows." That's funny.

Would that make you the poster no one wants to know?

[/QUOTE]

oooooo. I'm sooooo upset. I really care what a Yankee fan butt-kisser thinks about me.

And you and your buddy are right, Lavarnway was horrible tonight. LOL We really need posters like you and him to remind us on a daily basis how every player is so awful. I'm on pins and needles wondering who will be targeted next because it really matters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

HAHAHA! Thanks darlin'. Laughter really is the best medicine.

{kiss}

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

HAHAHA! Thanks darlin'. Laughter really is the best medicine.

{kiss}

Glad I could help. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Looked like Carlton Fisk last night !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Anyone but Salty. A Catcher needs good hands and agility. Salty can't catch. He's a backup catcher/1B bench guy.

Salty is in his 6th year as a ML catcher. Lav is just starting out, and he was the voted the best defensive catcher in AAA. I can pretty much guarantee when Lav gets more comfortable, he will leave Salty in the dust.

Do you actually watch the games?  Lava has pretty good press, but have you watched him behind the plate?  The difference between him & Salty is NEGLIGIBLE at best!  His arm is NOT better than Salty's!  Salty actually has the "softer hands," with fewer passed balls!  I guarantee that you simply read stuff on the computer, & spit out what you deem the intelligent view.  Lava vs. Salty????  It's easily a toss up at best!!!!!!!  If you use the argument with Iggy vs. whoever, where you discount up to .60 in BA, you could easily argue that Salty is the better catcher right now.

Catch a clue Softy!  Try watching a game!

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yes, as a matter of fact i do plan on copy and pasting this into every thread started like this.

hahahaha.  this thread is fantastic.  so, isnt this what you all have been griping about for the past 3 months???!!! 
    "trade the veterans"
    "dump a-gon"
    "trade Youk"
    "dont sign ortiz"
    "bring up the kids"
    "trade proven MLB talent for PROSPECTS"
    well, guess what?  you got your wish.
    welcome to small market baseball at big market prices.
    now you are all going to complain about "kids" playing and suking?
    well, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

17. This post has been removed.