Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket

In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Larry was emailing me for awhile then we lost touch. Last I heard from him he was working in Texas. Larry was funny though. At least he had a decent sense of humor.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Wasn't he actually a D-Backs fan?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

2003 they just had one thread here at BDC where everyone could post to, the night A. F. Boone hit the game winning homerun the place went ballistic for hours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Wasn't he actually a D-Backs fan?
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

He said he was but only so he could give it to Yankee fans after the D-Backs beat NY in 2001.

Actually he was a closet Red Sox fan but he wouldn't admit it. That was before 2004 he might have come out of the closet since.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

But Larry did live in Arizona and go to D-Back games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Bruins just tied it up 1-1 in the third period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins just tied it up 1-1 in the third period.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Thats nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Montero 2 for 3 in the game he caught last night, 3 RBIs in the 4-0 win over Oakland. 

First at bat a homerun over the CF fence later on a 2 run double. His BA up to .323.

Appears he is warming up as I predicted he would.

Montero, Noesi lead Seattle past Oakland 4-0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Montero 2 for 3 in the game he caught last night, 3 RBIs in the 4-0 win over Oakland.  First at bat a homerun over the CF fence later on a 2 run double. His BA up to .323. Appears he is warming up as I predicted he would. Montero, Noesi lead Seattle past Oakland 4-0
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Lavarnway batting .194 down at AAA with one extra base hit but he does have 9 walks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Lavarnway batting .194 down at AAA with one extra base hit but he does have 9 walks.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Three of those BBs have been intentional too.  I'm not sure how much of this is Lavarnway slumping, as opposed to not getting anything to hit.  If you're batting .194 with a .375 OBP, it hints toward the latter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Three of those BBs have been intentional too.  I'm not sure how much of this is Lavarnway slumping, as opposed to not getting anything to hit.  If you're batting .194 with a .375 OBP, it hints toward the latter.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

No, a sub-.200 batting average indicates that you are not hitting the ball.

Make all the excuses you want. They are just that, excuses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : No, a sub-.200 batting average indicates that you are not hitting the ball. Make all the excuses you want. They are just that, excuses.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Yes, batting average is a very important stat.  Time to plug into my walkman and fire up the word processor.  Matlock's on in 10 minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Yes, batting average is a very important stat.  Time to plug into my walkman and fire up the word processor.  Matlock's on in 10 minutes.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the part where I indicated it's importance.

But, strangely enough, batting average is pretty important when evaluating whether one is hitting the ball or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : I must have missed the part where I indicated it's importance. But, strangely enough, batting average is pretty important when evaluating whether one is hitting the ball or not.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

So in your opinion, if you replace those nine walks with a single and eight outs, Lavarnway is having a better season?

Is Mark Teixeira the worst 1B in the AL?  He had the lowest batting average last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : So in your opinion, if you replace those nine walks with a single and eight outs, Lavarnway is having a better season? Is Mark Teixeira the worst 1B in the AL?  He had the lowest batting average last year.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I never stated that.

But BA is a pretty good indicator of hitting the ball.

Tough to drive in a run with a walk unless the bases are loaded.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : I never stated that. But BA is a pretty good indicator of hitting the ball. Tough to drive in a run with a walk unless the bases are loaded.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

That's probably why nobody is pitching to him. 9 BBs, 3 IBBs in 9 games.  BTW, it's hard to score a run if you're never on base.

I guess of all the 1B in the AL in 2011, Teixeira was the worst at hitting the ball.  Gonzalez was the best, by the way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : That's probably why nobody is pitching to him. 9 BBs, 3 IBBs in 9 games.  BTW, it's hard to score a run if you're never on base. I guess of all the 1B in the AL in 2011, Teixeira was the worst at hitting the ball.  Gonzalez was the best, by the way.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Yes, Tex's .245 BA indicates that he was not very good at hitting the ball. When he did make contact he was productive, but that doesn't change the fact that he was poor at hitting the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Yes, Tex's .245 BA indicates that he was not very good at hitting the ball. When he did make contact he was productive, but that doesn't change the fact that he was poor at hitting the ball.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

You're half-way there.  Production is important.  Now what makes Teixeira with his .245 BA and his .494 SLG a significantly better hitter than Salty, with a .235 BA and .450 SLG?

Lavarnway just hit a solo shot - there's a reason pitchers are afraid to pitch to him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : I never stated that. But BA is a pretty good indicator of hitting the ball. Tough to drive in a run with a walk unless the bases are loaded.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

TB, I've been away from these boards for a while now. but I will say this after reading your trash, Yankee posters have nothing on your sorry tush! Stay in TB and use their message boards, oh sorry they dont have any, big suprise. Are you one of those folks who never goes to a game?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i honestly think lavarnway needs to be called up. keep him in AAA is not going to help him much. and considering how bad salty is, i would rather see lavarnway start and shoppach back him up, trade salty for a middle reliever or back of pen guy if ben can swing it. But its pretty obvious that salty is not our catcher of the future. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : The Yankee trolls want you to bump up this thread that was started by a Yankee troll, populated by Yankee trolls, is about Montero, kept alive by Yankee trolls, and invisibly bumped up repeatedly by Yankee trolls. Why enable them. TWM will send you a Christmas card for keeping the thread alive.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

I'd love this thread to stay alive the entire season.  Anybody really think Lavarnway's going to be hitting .200 for long?  Opposing teams don't, or they would be pitching to him.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]i honestly think lavarnway needs to be called up. keep him in AAA is not going to help him much. and considering how bad salty is, i would rather see lavarnway start and shoppach back him up, trade salty for a middle reliever or back of pen guy if ben can swing it. But its pretty obvious that salty is not our catcher of the future. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting development - the Sox DFAd Exposito and called up Matt Spring to AAA.  Matt Spring is nowhere in the org depth chart, and is 0 for 14 on the season at AA.  I think you're going to see Lavarnway as the starting everyday catcher at Pawtucket.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I'd like to see them move Ybarra up to AAA. They probably move Butler though instead. Or Salty!

Seriously though, they didn't even want to pitch to Lavarnway in mlb last year. 34 HR with a high OBP is impressive. He gets tons of respect and he has come close to 3 or 4 other HR already this year. He's giving the ball a good ride. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think BenC is thinking Butler and Lav are the two future catchers until Swihart is ready. It will be Lav as DH and third catcher possibly as early as next season.