Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket

In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]Another thread started by the former Mikeyinthebronx character who thought that Moby Dick was a venereal disease. Camelwalk abandoned that personna and is normally found on the Politics forum doing his Rush Limbaugh routine and is doing a superb job of being a pr-ick over there. He comes here just like Babe does to irritate Sox fans and that is his only purpose, yet J-Bay and JesseyEric affectionately call him Mikey. Welcome to a Red Sox forum that is overrun with Yankee trolls and sympathizers.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with the thread?  He wasn't instigating anything.  Lava's average was terrible and there's been talk of bringing him up by some people who want a spark, or just think that he's a better option than Shoppach (if not Salty).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It doesn't matter. Everyone knows he can hit. Probably disinterested. He's a 10x better option than Shoppach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket :        You're comparing apples to oranges.        Lavarnway is a catcher.        Montero if he sticks is a DH.        Why do you think the yanks showed him the door?
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]
    Jesus Montero went the distance at catcher Wednesday evening, delivering a clutch sacrifice fly in Seattle's three-run ninth inning that carried the Mariners to a 4-3 road win over the two-time defending American League champion Texas Rangers.

The Mariners open the season with eight straight road games and will carry no worse than a 4-4 record into their home opener on Friday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Jesus Montero went the distance at catcher Wednesday evening, delivering a critical sacrifice fly in Seattle's three-run ninth inning that carried the Mariners to a 4-3 road win over the two-time defending American League champion Texas Rangers. The Mariners open the season with eight straight road games and will carry no worse than a 4-4 record into their home opener on Friday.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

You're gonna have to cut haggis hammer some slack, hill.

He doesn't actually follow baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Makes sense. But time will tell if either of them sticks.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]Way too early to tell. At least with Lavarnway you have a potential two way player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Jesus Montero went the distance at catcher Wednesday evening, delivering a critical sacrifice fly in Seattle's three-run ninth inning that carried the Mariners to a 4-3 road win over the two-time defending American League champion Texas Rangers. The Mariners open the season with eight straight road games and will carry no worse than a 4-4 record into their home opener on Friday.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]They tossed the kid a bone. Let him catch 1 game out of 7. Like I said Montero is the DH with a few singles in 7 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's interesting that my thread was deleted, Benito's threads were closed, and we have two Yankee troll threads, or more I haven't read the entire board, about how bad Lavarnway is doing in the minor leagues (Umm what?...), and the second a negative thread about the Sox manager, along with a Yankee game thread. LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't beni demonized for posting similar things about the Yankees? Talking about their team, their manager, the players, all btw right from the news. I find it fascinating that Sox fans just flock to these threads to join in the bash fest, when a Sox fan wasn't able to have threads like that about the Yankees.

Need I even mention Moon's realistic thread about the Yankees that didn't even last a day after a year or more of a Rays realistic thread. This board is hilarious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Meanwhile kimpike, your sole purpose here is to annoy everyone.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Keep "talking baseball". I'm going to point out every post you make that you just pick one line to go after and argue about. If that means discussing baseball, your pals and I may have different definitions of that. Keep grabbing that one line, it's fun, and it's kinda your MO here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Still beating that drum I see. Get over it already. I told you a long time ago Montero was nothing more than a DH. You insisted the Mariners viewed him as a catcher. Really! LOL.

Yeah you told me the Sox would win the pennant last season too.

And the year before.

2nd week of the season and Montero isn't a catcher although the mariners had playing Jaso at 1st during ST for the first time in his career. Gee i wonder why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Way too early to tell. At least with Lavarnway you have a potential two way player.

What a phoney transparent hypocrite.

Hingham Hypocrite cuts some slack re:Lavarnway because it's "way too early" but in the case of Montero who is 2 years younger the script is written.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Yeah you told me the Sox would win the pennant last season too. And the year before. 2nd week of the season and Montero isn't a catcher although the mariners had playing Jaso at 1st during ST for the first time in his career. Gee i wonder why.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Jaso was working out at first base because they have another catcher not named Montero. Try to keep up Pop's.
      Admit it already. I was right and once again you overrated a yankee prospect. Montero's value dropped in the last two years and the yanks decided to trade him before it dropped any further. Why do you think they had to add a pitcher in the deal just to get 2 prospects. The days GM's would talk about Montero in the same trade as Lee were long gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Jaso was working out at first base because they have another catcher not named Montero. Try to keep up Pop's.   Admit it already. I was right and once again you overrated a yankee prospect. Montero's value dropped in the last two years and the yanks decided to trade him before it dropped any further. Why do you think they had to add a pitcher in the deal just to get 2 prospects. The days GM's would talk about Montero in the same trade as Lee were long gone.   

Over rated like your opinion of yourself.

We got Pineda for Montero the Red Sox cost would have been Ellsbury.

Too complicated for you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Montero might have been (and still is) ahead of Lavarnway but is 2 years younger than Lavarnway. Second point is as long as I have been following Montero and that is since he came into the Yankee organization, he has been a slow starter every season at every level. Then he goes on a tear as the season progresses. I put my money on that this conversation dies a slow death as the season moves along.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Don't bet on it TWM, Mikey won't let it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : They tossed the kid a bone. Let him catch 1 game out of 7. Like I said Montero is the DH with a few singles in 7 games.
    Jesus Montero has started at catcher in four of his 24 MLB games.

Ryan Lavarnway has started at catcher in two of his 17 MLB games.

In Wednesday's game, Montero started at catcher while catcher John Jaso replaced Montero at DH (and registered the go-ahead RBI in the ninth inning).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : What a phoney transparent hypocrite. Hingham Hypocrite cuts some slack re:Lavarnway because it's "way too early" but in the case of Montero who is 2 years younger the script is written.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Once again you show no baseball vision. Lavarnway actually has a chance to be a ML catcher. Montero has shown no such chance. In  both players there is a possibility they will hit at the MLL. If so one (Montero)  will be limited to the AL. Again you sound like your picture ie writing with crayons.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Jaso was working out at first base because they have another catcher not named Montero. Try to keep up Pop's.   Admit it already. I was right and once again you overrated a yankee prospect. Montero's value dropped in the last two years and the yanks decided to trade him before it dropped any further. Why do you think they had to add a pitcher in the deal just to get 2 prospects. The days GM's would talk about Montero in the same trade as Lee were long gone.   

The 2nd pitcher the Yankees received Jose Campos is a pretty highly rated prospect by independent scouts. He has been throwing 97-98 mph at "A" ball.

Could be a better pick than Pineda. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Over rated like your opinion of yourself. We got Pineda for Montero the Red Sox cost would have been Ellsbury. Too complicated for you?
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Last I looked you got Pineda and another project and still had to add a pitcher in the deal. Like I said the days of maybe landing a Lee type were never there. Well, with the exception of your mind that is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Once again you show no baseball vision. Lavarnway actually has a chance to be a ML catcher. Montero has shown no such chance. In  both players there is a possibility they will hit at the MLL. If so one (Montero)  will be limited to the AL. Again you sound like your picture ie writing with crayons.

As it stands right now I guess Montero is closer to being a ML catcher than LaVarnway only because he is one.

Any other complicated issues you need help in figuring out?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : The 2nd pitcher the Yankees received Jose Campos is a pretty highly rated prospect by independent scouts. He has been throwing 97-98 mph at "A" ball. Could be a better pick than Pineda. 
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]There you go again. What part of "prospect" don't you understand. And for the record being better than Pineda isn't great praise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : There you go again. What part of "prospect" don't you understand. And for the record being better than Pineda isn't great praise.

Of course he isn't because he doesn't play for the Red Sox.

And because the Sox had no prospects to offer for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : As it stands right now I guess Montero is closer to being a ML catcher than LaVarnway only because he is one. Any other complicated issues you need help in figuring out?
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Wrong again. Just trying to fill him with a little air in hopes he can snap out of his hitting woes. DH's are not in the lineup to produce singles.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Jesus Montero has started at catcher in four of his 24 MLB games. Ryan Lavarnway has started at catcher in two of his 17 MLB games. In Wednesday's game, Montero started at catcher while catcher John Jaso replaced Montero at DH (and registered the go-ahead RBI in the ninth inning).
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]Three of those games were with the Yanks. They were trying to show case him until they realized it was back firing on them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : What does this have to do with the thread?  He wasn't instigating anything.  Lava's average was terrible and there's been talk of bringing him up by some people who want a spark, or just think that he's a better option than Shoppach (if not Salty).
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

If you ( as a Red Sox fan) spent all of your day in a Yankee forum and started threads that placed a spotlight on a Yankee prospect who is struggling in AAA ball, don't you think that you would be considered to be trolling / trying to annoy. I was merely pointing out to everyone that Camelwalk is an admitted Yankee fan and a troll. What is wrong with that? He also was Mikeyinthebronx who was the dumbed down version of troll Camelwalk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : If you ( as a Red Sox fan) spent all of your day in a Yankee forum and started threads that placed a spotlight on a Yankee prospect who is struggling in AAA ball, don't you think that you would be considered to be trolling / trying to annoy. I was merely pointing out to everyone that Camelwalk is an admitted Yankee fan and a troll. What is wrong with that? He also was Mikeyinthebronx who was the dumbed down version of troll Camelwalk.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]Don't listen to them. You got it right. Camelwalk is exactly what and who you said he is. Low life troll much like Babe. TWM on the other hand brings comic relief.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

CW is a good-luck charm for Lavarnway.  Every time he insults Lavarnway, he goes on a tear.  Even with his slow start, Lavarnway's OBP is 100 points higher than Montero's.