Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket

Maybe Dottie can issue some kind of a military avatar to specific posters who send in their DD-214 and other discharge papers and then we will know that their obvious trolling should be dismissed and tolerated. This will give them full immunity to annoy and irritate Red Sox posters on a Boston forum despite the fact that they are rival fans who are out for a good time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : I'm not a 17-year-old girl, so you need to take me off your favorite posters' sig line.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No, sadly you are a 60 yr old man that pretends to be a female occasionally in a baseball chatroom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Dottie can issue some kind of a military avatar to specific posters who send in their DD-214 and other discharge papers and then we will know that their obvious trolling should be dismissed and tolerated. This will give them full immunity to annoy and irritate Red Sox posters on a Boston forum despite the fact that they are rival fans who are out for a good time.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

LOL. Exactly. Although, JBay would look for any excuse for Yankee fans to abuse Sox fans here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : If you ( as a Red Sox fan) spent all of your day in a Yankee forum and started threads that placed a spotlight on a Yankee prospect who is struggling in AAA ball, don't you think that you would be considered to be trolling / trying to annoy. I was merely pointing out to everyone that Camelwalk is an admitted Yankee fan and a troll. What is wrong with that? He also was Mikeyinthebronx who was the dumbed down version of troll Camelwalk.

I see what you're saying, and I may know what the disconnect is.  I don't consider it instigating as long as it meets 2 criteria:

1) It must be relevant to other ongoing conversations.
    2) It must be true, or based on true facts.

In this case Lava's struggles (based on his low batting average) is relevant because of the struggles of the MLB catchers, and true since he was hitting in the .100's.  As such, I don't have a problem with it.

Once I brought up Montero he was quick to say that it's still early for both players, so it's not like he was trying to start something.  I know this is suppose to be a Red Sox forum, but I come here for baseball talk in general and sometimes good baseball talk, involves a struggling Red Sox or Yankee player/prospect.  

At least, that's how I see it.  You're more than welcome to disagree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : No, sadly you are a 60 yr old man that pretends to be a female occasionally in a baseball chatroom.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, and btw don't you mean 70-year-old. I think that's what Pike said he was. As for me, I hope you can keep up.

You still need to take me off your sig line, since I'm not a 17-year-old girl you're usually after.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : I see what you're saying, and I may know what the disconnect is.  I don't consider it instigating as long as it meets 2 criteria: 1) It must be relevant to other ongoing conversations. 2) It must be true, or based on true facts. In this case Lava's struggles (based on his low batting average) is relevant because of the struggles of the MLB catchers, and true since he was hitting in the .100's.  As such, I don't have a problem with it. Once I brought up Montero he was quick to say that it's still early for both players, so it's not like he was trying to start something.  I know this is suppose to be a Red Sox forum, but I come here for baseball talk in general and sometimes good baseball talk, involves a struggling Red Sox or Yankee player/prospect.   At least, that's how I see it.  You're more than welcome to disagree.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that Sox posters' threads are removed when they say anything negative about the Yankees. I mean Moon's thread was removed for just being realistic about the Yankees. You can't have it both ways. You can't say Yankee troll threads make sense, and then have Sox fans threads removed if they say anything negative and/or realistic about the Yankees.

If anything, it should be the opposite, this being a Sox board. But it seems more like a Yankee board where all things Yankees are protected -- along with their posters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Except for the fact that Sox posters' threads are removed when they say anything negative about the Yankees. I mean Moon's thread was removed for just being realistic about the Yankees. You can't have it both ways. You can't say Yankee troll threads make sense, and then have Sox fans threads removed if they say anything negative and/or realistic about the Sox. If anything, it should be the opposite, this being a Sox board. But it seems more like a Yankee board where all things Yankees are protected -- along with their posters.

To be clear, I never said I agree with BDC practices regarding removing threads.  I don't think either type of thread should be removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : To be clear, I never said I agree with BDC practices regarding removing threads.  I don't think either type of thread should be removed.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

JB-the threads were deleted because they were continually being bumped up, due to being pro sox, anti yankee, and were at least a week old. BDC decided to delete them to stop the bumping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : JB-the threads were deleted because they were continually being bumped up, due to being pro sox, anti yankee, and were at least a week old. BDC decided to delete them to stop the bumping.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Again, they were bumped by a Yankee troll named "Smelley Behind". An obvious mocking name for "Smiley-Beni" who posted negative things about the Yankees, created by the Yankee trolls would hang out on his threads and attack him. Everyone knows this. It's my opinion Mikey (Camelwalk) created the name, and when he was banned, still able to log-in, he bumped all Beni's threads up over and over hoping to irritate Sox fans. Recently, he did the same thing although he bumped my thread up as well defending myself against being Pike. (FTR a name Mikey calls me).

FTR My thread was deleted. Benito's were closed.

This has JBay written all over it, although he describes it like a BDC decision.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : JB-the threads were deleted because they were continually being bumped up, due to being pro sox, anti yankee, and were at least a week old. BDC decided to delete them to stop the bumping.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I can understand if it's just due to bumping, but I'm not sure what the last 3 reasons have to do with anything.  There are threads that last far longer than a week not many, but certainly some.  So long as the discussion is decent I don't see why the thread would need to be deleted (outside of random bumping).  Offensive / attacking posts could certainly be removed individually.  Otherwise the same threads will just start up again by people trying to have a reasonable discussion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : I can understand if it's just due to bumping, but I'm not sure what the last 3 reasons have to do with anything.  There are threads that last far longer than a week not many, but certainly some.  So long as the discussion is decent I don't see why the thread would need to be deleted (outside of random bumping).  Offensive / attacking posts could certainly be removed individually.  Otherwise the same threads will just start up again by people trying to have a reasonable discussion.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Usually, threads fade on their own, due to lack of interest and newly created threads. They stay active for a certain amount of time before BDC archives them, which was initially implemented due to the thread bumping. They weren't old enough for that, so they were closed. The thread that was deleted altogether was not only a due to the bumping, but it not being a baseball discussion. BDC has the right to delete posts and threads, per the posting policy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Usually, threads fade on their own, due to lack of interest and newly created threads. They stay active for a certain amount of time before BDC archives them, which was initially implemented due to the thread bumping. They weren't old enough for that, so they were closed. The thread that was deleted altogether was not only a due to the bumping, but it not being a baseball discussion. BDC has the right to delete posts and threads, per the posting policy.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

And religious threads, political threads, personal threads, etc. have stayed up. Stop talking in generalizations and own what you do. If you did it, be a man and say so. Stop blaming some random BDC moderator. You've done it before why would it be so odd that you've done it again.

I bet there is someone answering the phone saying is that him again? Honestly, why would you post on a sports board with not only a thin skin, but an extreme loyalty to the opposing team? If you add in the fact you've decided to be the hall monitor here, that just adds to it. Get a life. Leave Sox fans alone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Usually, threads fade on their own, due to lack of interest and newly created threads. They stay active for a certain amount of time before BDC archives them, which was initially implemented due to the thread bumping. They weren't old enough for that, so they were closed. The thread that was deleted altogether was not only a due to the bumping, but it not being a baseball discussion. BDC has the right to delete posts and threads, per the posting policy.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

BDC having the right to do something, and me agreeing with them doing something, are certainly two different things.  However, they certainly don't need my permission to decide how they run their own site.  I have to agree that only baseball discussions should be on a baseball forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't we all bump up threads that are pro-Red Sox? No need to do it under the table via invisible bumping, no do it out in the open. After all this is supposed to be a Red Sox forum and not a Yankee forum. Sometimes J-Bay makes no sense whatsoever. Every loyal RS fan has a duty to push pro-Red Sox fans to the front page. The forum is not here to be neutral or pro-Yankee. Wake up J-Bay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

So you finally admit that you are smelly-behind? I would believe it if you claimed to be so.

Only a fanatic could do what that bumper does and you are certainly a fanantic - or Internet terrorist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : And religious threads, political threads, personal threads, etc. have stayed up. Stop talking in generalizations and own what you do. If you did it, be a man and say so. Stop blaming some random BDC moderator. You've done it before why would it be so odd that you've done it again. I bet there is someone answering the phone saying is that him again? Honestly, why would you post on a sports board with not only a thin skin, but an extreme loyalty to the opposing team? If you add in the fact you've decided to be the hall monitor here, that just adds to it. Get a life. Leave Sox fans alone.
    Pike what is your issue with J-Bay?  He's like the most loyal Sox fan on this forum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Shouldn't we all bump up threads that are pro-Red Sox? No need to do it under the table via invisible bumping, no do it out in the open. After all this is supposed to be a Red Sox forum and not a Yankee forum. Sometimes J-Bay makes no sense whatsoever. Every loyal RS fan has a duty to push pro-Red Sox fans to the front page. The forum is not here to be neutral or pro-Yankee. Wake up J-Bay.
    The official Boston Globe policy welcomes a diversity of opinions:

Debate, but don't attack. In a community full of opinions and preferences, people always disagree. Boston.com and BostonGlobe.com encourage active discussions and welcomes heated debate in our Forums and on our Articles. But personal attacks are a direct violation of this Agreement and are grounds for immediate suspension of your commenting privileges.

http://www.boston.com/help/message_board_rules/

Feel free to share your opinions, but please stop the personal attacks. Perhaps a different forum would better accommodate your tastes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : .286 with a .261 OBP.  Basically, you think getting on base 26% of the time is better than getting on base 36% of the time, which pretty much ends all other discussion.  Maybe you should let the Parrot type for a while.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]LOL. Good idea. The parrot would be an upgrade. You forgot to add there all singles. Not what the Mariners were hoping for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Of course it is!  How do you know?  A player who maintains a .360 OBP at AAA is likely to be called up to the majors, while a player who maintains a .260 OBP at the major league level is likely to be demoted. BTW, are you applying this same standard to Banuelos, who has given up 4 ER and 11 hits in 3 1/3 innings thus far this season?  How about Betances, who has given up 10 ER and 11 hits in 8 1/3?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]Maybe there just slow starters like Montero.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : LOL. Good idea. The parrot would be an upgrade. You forgot to add there all singles. Not what the Mariners were hoping for.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

When Montero warms up as he always does in a few weeks you can always disappear like you did last April after running your mouth about the Sox all winter.

Then reappear when things get safer for you like you did on Trufan in 2011.

Like last spring you can claim you flipped your car over and were in a coma for the first 2 months of the season that you came back alive when the Sox began winning and then resumed posting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : When Montero warms up as he always does in a few weeks you can always disappear like you did last April after running your mouth about the Sox all winter. Then reappear when things get safer for you like you did on Trufan in 2011. Like last spring you can claim you flipped your car over and were in a coma for the first 2 months of the season that you came back alive when the Sox began winning and then resumed posting.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Good one TWM.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : Good one TWM.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

And the truth.

Go ahead and deny you were absent for (FLIPPING YOUR CAR) when the 2011 season started disappearing for the entire dismal Red Sox losing streak at the beginning of the season reappearing only after they started winning.

Walt Disney. Ha ha ha.

Joey Chitwood and his wheels of fire.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hingham Hammer Hell Driver.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway off to a slow start at Pawtucket : And the truth. Go ahead and deny you were absent for (FLIPPING YOUR CAR) when the 2011 season started disappearing for the entire dismal Red Sox losing streak at the beginning of the season reappearing only after they started winning. Walt Disney. Ha ha ha. Joey Chitwood and his wheel of fire.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]I don't deny I flipped the roaster on 4/1. Now I drive the biggest suv caddy makes. I guess my family wanted to make sure Iam safe. Nice to be loved. Sense you're a bit jealous of my family tree. See you're boy Montero was back at DH last night. Another single for the slugger in waiting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]Hingham Hammer Hell Driver.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]TWM still working @66 to make ends meet.