Lavarnway Slumping Badly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Lavarnway Slumping Badly

Over the past ten games, Lavarnway is batting .189 (7 for 37) with 0 HR and 14 K's.  IL pitchers now feed him nothing but off-speed pitches and he has been unable to adjust.  His season high BA of .381 has dropped to .333. Probably not as ready as we had thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from )The-Babe(. Show )The-Babe('s posts

Re: Lavarnway Slumping Badly

In Response to Lavarnway Slumping Badly:
    [QUOTE]Over the past ten games, Lavarnway is batting .189 (7 for 37) with 0 HR and 14 K's.  IL pitchers now feed him nothing but off-speed pitches and he has been unable to adjust.  His season high BA of .381 has dropped to .333. Probably not as ready as we had thought.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

Of course this was going to happen. spc88 AKA mongo the fanboy put his curse on him when he started the thread about him a week and a half ago.

Long live the curse of mongo the fanboy!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

moreso, probably what most every young player goes through when he moves up a level of play and also why the red sox brass has never (at last in print) mentioned his name regarding this kid being the answer for even 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Over the past ten games, Lavarnway is batting .189 (7 for 37) with 0 HR and 14 K's.  IL pitchers now feed him nothing but off-speed pitches and he has been unable to adjust.  His season high BA of .381 has dropped to .333. Probably not as ready as we had thought.

Reddick and Kalish couldn't hit off speed stuff either.  That's something you slowly adjust to like Jacoby has.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

Not suprising. It's called the curse of spc88.

spc88 AKA mongo the fanboy started a thread proclaiming that he's better than Montero. Immediately lavarnway tanked.

Way to go mongo!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnway Slumping Badly:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lavarnway Slumping Badly : Not suprising. It's called the curse of spc88. spc88 AKA mongo the fanboy started a thread proclaiming that he's better than Montero. Immediately lavarnway tanked. Way to go mongo!!
    Posted by (The-Babe)[/QUOTE]

He's still much better.  His stats still trump Montero and Romine's.  Besides, there's been a lot of hype around Yankee prospects over the past several seasons but not much to show for it.  I'm just going to assume that trend continues until proven otherwise...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway Slumping Badly : He's still much better.  His stats still trump Montero and Romine's.  Besides, there's been a lot of hype around Yankee prospects over the past several seasons but not much to show for it.  I'm just going to assume that trend continues until proven otherwise...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Doesn't change the fact that the curse of spc88 is alive and well.

Book it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway Slumping Badly : Doesn't change the fact that the curse of spc88 is alive and well. Book it!
    Posted by (The-Babe)[/QUOTE]

He'll go deep tonight, just watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm sure Lavarnway saw plenty of off-speed pitches during his two-month hot streak.  I think it's more likely that pitchers are giving him nothing to hit.  I look at Spears's game winner with Lavarnway on deck as evidence, as well as Lavarnway's walk-off walk.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=31fbfdebabc05094c55839a7d6077f4f&plckUserId=31fbfdebabc05094c55839a7d6077f4f

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lavarnway Slumping Badly : http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=31fbfdebabc05094c55839a7d6077f4f&plckUserId=31fbfdebabc05094c55839a7d6077f4f
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Clearly a better option than Salty or Tek...

hahaha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Guys at every level are going to go through hot streaks and slumps...I don't know why some fans expect otherwise. I'm not saying Lavarnway is going to turn into a star, but seriously, we're talking about 10 games. I know he's only hitting .333 with a 1.064 OPS now, but get a grip people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I'm sure you think Crawsford going to go back into a slump  after going 4/4 today.

Hetchhinspete

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

No one is throwing to Lavarnway. That's part of the problem. they figured out not to give him anything to hit after he was at .388 in over 120 AB with a ton of Pop. He'll be fine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What worries me most is that softy likes him. 

Softy's recent record looks like the Pirates the last 8 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Baseball is a game of adjustments, pitchers maybe have figured out a weak spot, or it could be he is just coming back to earth, you couldn't really expect him to continue to hit at early pace. Now we'll see if he can make proper changes to get back on track.

Sections
Shortcuts