Lavarnway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Lavarnway

He can't hit any worse than Tek and Salty right now...

The pitchers can't pitch any worse, so it doesn't matter who catches.

I say give him a shot and see what happens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: Lavarnway

He has a long swing, that need the timing of everyday play.
    Putting him in twice a week, makes him look bad,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarnway:
    [QUOTE]He's no Jesus Montero.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    You're right about that. Montero couldn't catch a cold. At least Lavarnway shows some semblance of a catching game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

PUT ME IN COACH !!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from northtroyboy. Show northtroyboy's posts

Monteros a DH and Lavarnways a catcher. Makes no sense comparing the two. But I'd rather have a plus hitting catcher then a great hitting DH anyday of the week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Jarret,
    • Relative to today's starting catchers, how do you rate Salty's offense and defense?
    • Relative to today's backup catchers, how do rate 'Tek's?
    • In the history of baseball, how many high performing MLB catchers can you name that have been traded?
    My answers to the above are:
    • Very highly
    • Very highly
    • None
    Happy to be enlightened if I am wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

[QUOTE]Jarret, Relative to today's starting catchers, how do you rate Salty's offense and defense? Relative to today's backup catchers, how do rate 'Tek's? In the history of baseball, how many high performing MLB catchers can you name that have been traded? My answers to the above are: Very highly Very highly None Happy to be enlightened if I am wrong.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

My point is simply they need to try anything they can to win...Salty and Tek are hitting horribly right now.

The pitchers #'s can't be higher, so calling a good game as a catcher isn't helping.

Neither guy throws base stealers out...

So there is nothing to keep them from at least giving Lavarnway a look...he's at least fresh, and might infuse life into this team.  At this point in might not evern matter, and I am probably grasping at straws...but why not try it??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

[QUOTE]Lavarnaway is RAKING!
    Posted by EddieGaedel[/QUOTE]

He looked so overmatched against a minor league pitcher the Yanks threw out there in the 9th....very different from Montero.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lavarnway : My point is simply they need to try anything they can to win...Salty and Tek are hitting horribly right now. The pitchers #'s can't be higher, so calling a good game as a catcher isn't helping. Neither guy throws base stealers out... So there is nothing to keep them from at least giving Lavarnway a look...he's at least fresh, and might infuse life into this team.  At this point in might not evern matter, and I am probably grasping at straws...but why not try it??
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

But Jarret, what do you base that on?  Salty has thrown out 32% of attempted base stealers this season, while the 2011 MLB average is only 28%.  Those bare stats show a 14% advantage over the average MLB catcher...plus the Sox de-emphasise holding runners on vis a vis focusing on the batter....plus Salty catches Wakes and his 69 mph FASTBALL.

On what do you base your view that Salty "....[doesn't] throw base stealers out"? I truly don't understand where that comes from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Monteros a DH and Lavarnways a catcher. Makes no sense comparing the two. But I'd rather have a plus hitting catcher then a great hitting DH anyday of the week.---northtroyboy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give it a rest, man. The guys 21 with his whole career in front of him. I'm sure today's 3 for 4 ticks you off, but you sound like a homer, not a smart fan.

Sections
Shortcuts