Lavarnway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Lavarnway

Does this guy have any future with the Sox or even as trade bait? I would hope to see him get a shot at some playing time this season, being that Boston's other two catchers are 37. Could Lava play 1st or OF ? Could he be a 40 man roster casualty? Would he clear waivers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Lavarnway

Not ready for the Big Show...  and the clock is ticking... very fast.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Like I said before, "He needs to grab a DH's mitt".

Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes 5th on my catching depth chart. Give him a 1b mit or trade him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

He's got to be looking over his shoulder every day.  He has better players ahead of him (AJ & Ross) and better players behind him (Swihart & Vasquez).  He needs to think about either changing positions or changing teams... or both.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

The only surprise will be for Bill..Fisk was a tough guy from the frozen wilds of New Hampshire, Lavarnway is from freaking Burbank. Think roses and horticulture.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Holds a degree in Philosophy from Yale.   That's his best quality. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

v

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tripleb2066's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does this guy have any future with the Sox or even as trade bait? I would hope to see him get a shot at some playing time this season, being that Boston's other two catchers are 37. Could Lava play 1st or OF ? Could he be a 40 man roster casualty? Would he clear waivers?

[/QUOTE]Lavarnway, the "next Carlton Fisk" could be the biggest surprise in 2014 !!!

[/QUOTE]

He isn't going to get a chance with the Red Sox, unfortunately. Its possible he could move to 1B and get a shot there, but in 3-5 years we will look back and add this to the list of mistakes and misjudgements that the franchise has made. He definitely deserves a shot at playing every day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Larvarnway is just another guy who had promise but has yet to fulfill it.  I doubt that he will get to move much further ahead with the Red Sox at this point because of the two well paid vets ahead of him right now and the two prospects coming fast behing him.

He should already have a first baseman's mitt in his bag (and should know how to use it as well by now), but may not get to use it in Fenway either with Napoli now signed for two more years.  Lavarnway is not likely to out hit or out field Napoli during the two years of Napoli's contract.

He should probably be traded at this point and at least before he uses up all of his minor league options as although his value is kind of low right now it will drop even further when his options are gone.  Individually, he does not bring much but as part of a package he could find another team and at least open up a space on the 40 man roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Think Scott Hatteberg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Hopefully they move Lavarnway to OF or 1B.  He is a more disciplined than Brentz or Middlebrooks but his clockis ticking...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Lavarnway, the "next Carlton Fisk" could be the biggest surprise in 2014 !!!

[/QUOTE]

He isn't going to get a chance with the Red Sox, unfortunately. Its possible he could move to 1B and get a shot there, but in 3-5 years we will look back and add this to the list of mistakes and misjudgements that the franchise has made. He definitely deserves a shot at playing every day.

[/QUOTE]

c'mon PG, no he doesn't. not as a catcher anyway. he's not good defensively and has been having trouble hitting the ball (IMO because of the catching workload) he defninitely is not catcher material and should change position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully they move Lavarnway to OF or 1B.  He is a more disciplined than Brentz or Middlebrooks but his clockis ticking...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. If you take him out from behind the plate, I believe that power and high BA/OBP will return. At least then if you trade him, he will have some value if this team cant use him. Theres no need to move him right now. hes slated to be the DH in AAA.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Realistically, first base or trade him now Hes had bad luck and bad timing with sox, If he can learn first quickly he might get a shot somewhere else, but not here unless Napoli goes down and Middlebrooks isn't in the picture

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He is the classic AAAA guy. he will be up and down no matter which team he is on for the next 5 or 6 years then his career is over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I could see him having a career as a 1B or DH with a small market team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does he really have the bat to be in a corner slot?  I like him as 3rd catcher in AAA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Shoot we werent even swayed by Salty's contributions...just what exactly is Lava's upside and why is he worth hanging on to? Doesnt Bard need a battery-mate for Tri-County League Summer ball anyway?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, he's one of the slowest guys I've ever seen.  I don't think he has the athleticism for the outfield.  I think it's C/1B or bust for Lavarnway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, he's one of the slowest guys I've ever seen.  I don't think he has the athleticism for the outfield.  I think it's C/1B or bust for Lavarnway.

[/QUOTE]

yeah maybe LF in Fenway but that would be about it

we need to get more offense at 1b than what he projects

it's catcher or bust for him but maybe he could make a roster if i could "fill in" at LF and 1B too but he's going to have to be a 290 hitter........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

he has no future with the sox....

Sections
Shortcuts