Lavarway drawing comparisons to Napoli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Lavarway drawing comparisons to Napoli

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/Red_Sox_Lavarnway_Napoli_10-27-11_EER5QCM_v2.2a685c2.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Re: Lavarway drawing comparisons to Napoli

Good read Rutland, thanks for posting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarway drawing comparisons to Napoli:
    [QUOTE]Good read Rutland, thanks for posting.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

lol...good read rutland, thanks for posting...and i mean it!  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Bring him on!! Give him a good long look, we need his RH bat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Don't resign Papi? Lavarnway is simply a liability behind the plate. How does his bat come into play but not his glove? Is Lavarnway the center piece to a deal to bring in a RF or pitcher?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Lavarway drawing comparisons to Napoli:
    [QUOTE]Don't resign Papi? Lavarnway is simply a liability behind the plate. How does his bat come into play but not his glove? Is Lavarnway the center piece to a deal to bring in a RF or pitcher?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    That is one of the points of the article. Napoli was viewed by the Angels as a liability behind the plate....then he goes to the Rangers and in fact does fairly well behind the plate. With solid coaching, which I know is asking a lot, his defense certainly will not be worse than Tek's or Salty's defense. In terms of managing the pitching staff in game, he can pick this up over time. IMO, we give him a real shot at the starting catching job, fill in at DH from time to time and let him grow. We do in fact need a RH bat with some pop in the line up, notwithstanding the need for a RH RF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Wouldn't you at least expect for Lavarway to improve enough behind the plate to serve as a reliable back-up catcher, while DH'ing most of his games?  He should also grab a first basemans glove.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Again, this organization has had difficulty producing power through the farm system.

Now that we possibly have done so, let's see it through.  We don't want another Napoli story.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I like this kid and I hope they give him a long look. Salty simply not good enough. I say start Lavarnway as the starting catcher and use Salty/Varitek as the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think Lavarnway eliminates any need for Tek unless the Sox don't resign Ortiz but keep Youk and use Lavarnway at DH.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

According to Moonslob and Harnazz, Varitek must be offered a FA MLB contract because of how many games the team will be losing in the 53 games that Varitek cant start because he is on a minor league/major league contract tryout deal in Oakland.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigld57. Show bigld57's posts

Salty is a very bad defensive catcher with an erratic arm..Offensively hes a 245 hitter with some power but vs top pitchers hes 180 hitter with no power
    another words over all poor Varitek is now pathetic in all phases & should be released That said Lavarnway deserves a shot at starting & vs lefty pitchers should definitely start as Salty is pathewtic hitting right handed Wakefield should be cut as when he pitchews Salty has to catch even if opposing pitcher is a lefty plus Wake sucks

Sections
Shortcuts