Leaving...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Leaving...

I'm out of here for awhile at least until I see some better functionality with this new disaster.
    I tried to post something yesterday and it said I had to remve a word. Did not tell me what word and all words were not bad nor were they disguised.
    Tried to post today on a subject and it would not let me.

Hasta La Vista until it is fixed or they go back two weeks in time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Leaving...

BTW of all the changes ever done this is the worst.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Agreed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Jim, most of the problem with the ess is on the first line when you respond to another post.  If you take out the possesive sign, it usually posts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Come back soon, Jim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Ben Cherington is behind this change Jim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I've heard a Yankee fan designed the new forum

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

I've heard a Yankee fan designed the new forum

They claim it was a Mets fan.  A guy named Babe ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida comment:

I'm out of here for awhile at least until I see some better functionality with this new disaster.
    I tried to post something yesterday and it said I had to remve a word. Did not tell me what word and all words were not bad nor were they disguised.
    Tried to post today on a subject and it would not let me.

Hasta La Vista until it is fixed or they go back two weeks in time

It is a frustrating thing ... has kept me from many a post.

I finally figured out the banned ess word was the one in Line 1 ... for example "In response to JimfromFlorida comment:"   Remove the possessive mark and ess in your post entry and it often goes through.

It stopped this post 5 times until I got the possesive mark and ess off each reference...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I find myself steering clear (relatively) since the change.  Its weird.  But, sooner or later, it will work itself out.  Hope you stick around Jim.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I'm sticking around. I can't help myself. It's kind of like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Something you don't want to see but can't take your eyes off of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

the rumor is that once the SOX are over .500 the board will be fixed.

it remains a rumor then...:-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Jim, I/we hear you son !!!  This is a tough time for sure.......  It is to BDC's best interest to work this out, if in fact thats what they want to do.......  In the mean time, let's see where our Sox go......  You could have knocked me over with a feather when Ben C. & company pulled off that trade........  Softy & I will be busy removing the "TRANSFORMER" from 1600 Penn Ave.......  I must say that I have always enjoyed our back & forth together on this board.........  Talk, sooooon !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hey guys, I posted this over in my "Changes" thread, but thought I'd re-post it here: 

Folks, most of the items you've listed are not errors or mistakes or bugs ... they are features that we could not replicate from the previous software before launch because of the deadline we were given. They all will be restored as we work through our list of outstanding items. They include: 

> Edit your post 
    > Gold stars to jump to your last unread post 
    > Ignore a user 
    > Add an image 
    > Colored fonts 
     > Change your avatar 
    > Add a signature 
    Etc. 

There are bugs, which are to be expected with a project as massive as this one: We imported more than half a million user accounts (along with all the associated avatars, userIDs, member since and last post dates), more than 3 million forum posts, and who knows how many millions of article comments. And we had to make that data, all originated in another company's software, fit and work into the platform we were building. 

We have a list of all of the bugs, including those you noted, and our devs are working through them now. We know that the bad words filters is malfunctioning. We know that when you type in this comment box and use return at the end, your cursor disappears off the box. We know that there still are one or two blogs where comments aren't showing up. And we know that many of you keep getting logged out between browser sessions. 

I apologize for the annoyances, but believe me, several developers are on this full-time. These items all will get restored, and the bugs fixed.