Lee trade talk looking serious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Lee trade talk looking serious

It's now reported that the Phillies asked Lee if he would waive his no-trade clause re the Red Sox if a deal could be worked out, and Lee has agreed to this. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Lee trade talk looking serious

If BC gives up Bogey, I will have no trust in him anymore.

They better not move Bogey, Owens, JBJ or Cecchini....But I hear the Sox will NOT include Bogey, but will include multipole top 10 prospects...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

• dgalehouse
    • First: 6/4/2010
    • Last: 7/30/2013

One more thing to consider; Lee has not been pitching very well in July. I know he still is highly regarded, but this has to be taken into consideration. Is there something wrong ?   Let the buyer beware.  Be very careful , Ben.

Stabbed by Foulke

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont want Lee

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

They better not move Bogey, Owens, JBJ or Cecchini....

I dont even want to WMB traded, paw.  bogy at 3rd, Iggy at SS, PD at 2nd and WMB at 1st, is the homegrown infield, for the foreseeable future. 

Aceves, maybe;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I want Lee, but I don't want to give up the guys we'd have to part with to get him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

I want Lee, but I don't want to give up the guys we'd have to part with to get him.

Join the club. Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Join the club. Smile

I'm in.

Too costly to get Lee.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

• dgalehouse
    • First: 6/4/2010
    • Last: 7/30/2013

One more thing to consider; Lee has not been pitching very well in July. I know he still is highly regarded, but this has to be taken into consideration. Is there something wrong ?   Let the buyer beware.  Be very careful , Ben.

Stabbed by Foulke

Your right last 28 days 6.05 era, one thing I really like though 19.1 innings pitched and 1 BB. He's had 1 bad month so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

They better not move Bogey, Owens, JBJ or Cecchini....But I hear the Sox will NOT include Bogey, but will include multipole top 10 prospects...

oh no!!! not my bogey!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox have to take the chance because of Buchholz, just dont be stupid. Take a breath Ben.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think Ben already stated that Bogaerts and JBJ are not available.  I doubt they will be traded.  I think Cecchini could be the centerpiece of this deal along with few more our top prospects if deal happens.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Great words "we'll get back to you".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

• The Red Sox feel a trade for Lee is highly unlikely, tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown, but Jake Peavy and Bud Norris are still in play for them.
    • The Phillies are believed to have asked for a package headed by Bogaerts and Brandon Workman, plus a big league ready outfielder, according to ESPN's Jayson Stark. Stark's source agrees with the consensus, that the Sox won't give up Bogaerts.
    • Though the Phillies want Bogaerts as the centerpiece of a Lee deal, the Red Sox "view his inclusion as a non-starter and will not consider proposals that involve him," writesJohn Tomase of the Boston Herald.  He says the Red Sox are willing to deal multiple top ten prospects though.

from MLBtraderumor

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I dont want Lee

Its all in the cost, isn't it? If the cost is reasonable (whatever that means to you) then sure, I would like Cliff Lee on my team.

Here is another consideration: its possible that we are not being told the entire truth about Breakholz. Its possible that his injury is much more serious than the Sox are letting on to the media so the price for a top notch pitcher doesn't get driven up for us. No, I have no evidence for this, but if the talks for Lee are really heating up then I would begin to suspect something more is amiss with Breakholz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Join the club. Smile

I'm in.

Too costly to get Lee.

I also agree.  I would love to see the Red Sox sign Lee as long as they don't have to give up many of their top prospects to get him.  We will know soon enough.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I dont want Lee

Its all in the cost, isn't it? If the cost is reasonable (whatever that means to you) then sure, I would like Cliff Lee on my team.

Here is another consideration: its possible that we are not being told the entire truth about Breakholz. Its possible that his injury is much more serious than the Sox are letting on to the media so the price for a top notch pitcher doesn't get driven up for us. No, I have no evidence for this, but if the talks for Lee are really heating up then I would begin to suspect something more is amiss with Breakholz.

Who's this guy?  The Sox have no one by that name on their team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

We'll be hearing all kinds of comments I'd say next 24 hours. Take it with a grain of salt. Nobody knows nothing. GM's aren't giving anything away, it would be dumb, to give ammo for other GM's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I don't want any of these guys.  Bud Norris?  His 1.413 WHIP would be good for about a 5.00 ERA at Fenway.

Either trade the farm for a Chris Sale or Madison Bumgarner, or stand pat.  Lee, Peavy and especially Bud Norris will not be difference-makers this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I dont want Lee

I think he is related somehow to Ellsbreaky. Maybe he was adopted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I dont want Lee

I think he is related somehow to Ellsbreaky. Maybe he was adopted.

We don't have anyone by that name either.  Are you sure you know which team you're talking about?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

It's now reported that the Phillies asked Lee if he would waive his no-trade clause re the Red Sox if a deal could be worked out, and Lee has agreed to this. 

Please Ben ,,,,,No No No ... not for our young kids.... Please NO !!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

I would make a Cecchini & Owens for Lee deal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont want Lee

what I meant by that statement was for what the Phills were asking.

If it doesnt involve Bogey, JBJ, Cecchini, and Owens they can take any 2 pitchers and a position player. maybe another lower level prospect too, but thats it.

Im reading that they arent agreeing at all on the players involved.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Phillies #1 Prospect is a 3rd Baseman who they are calling up.  Cecchini and Middlebrooks are much less valuable to them.  More than likely it would take 3 of our top pitching prospects not named Owens + couple lower level high ceiling guys like Manuel Margot and Wendell Rijo.

Personally I don't want Lee (at that cost)

Sections
Shortcuts