Lee trade talk looking serious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Lee trade talk looking serious

In response to parhunter55's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Phillies have no desire for a third base prospect unless it's a guy lower in the system.  Of course they would take a guy like Cecchini but he's going to have less value to philly as other teams.  If a trade is made without Xander it will involve 3 prospects in our top 10 which I would figure to be pitchers.  RDLR/WORKMAN/BARNES, Interchange Owens with one of those guys and throw in a lottery pick like Manuel Margot.  That's what it will take. 

Workman is not actually even one of the top 10 pitching prospects in the system, according to SoxProspects.com.  Be that as it may, taking three or four of your top pitching prospects for a 34-year old pitcher who is getting paid the most of any starter in the majors would be ludicrous froom a baseball business standpoint, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

No He's not....but he would be on some peoples list at #10 and definitely aound 11 12....besides the point I include him because he's still a high ranked prospect who give them someone who they can slide into the rotation NOW. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I don't want any of these guys.  Bud Norris?  His 1.413 WHIP would be good for about a 5.00 ERA at Fenway.

Either trade the farm for a Chris Sale or Madison Bumgarner, or stand pat.  Lee, Peavy and especially Bud Norris will not be difference-makers this year.

The rumored interest in Norris is a little mystifying to me. He would not be an upgrade on anyone in our current rotation, including Workman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Who's this guy?  The Sox have no one by that name on their team.

He has trouble spelling "Buchholz".

His version is easier, I guess.

[/QUOTE]

Oh. Ok.  Well, when he starts acknowledging player's names  I'll start acknowledging his posts. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to parhunter55's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment

The Phillies have no desire for a third base prospect unless it's a guy lower in the system.  Of course they would take a guy like Cecchini but he's going to have less value to philly as other teams.  If a trade is made without Xander it will involve 3 prospects in our top 10 which I would figure to be pitchers.  RDLR/WORKMAN/BARNES, Interchange Owens with one of those guys and throw in a lottery pick like Manuel Margot.  That's what it will take. 

Workman is not actually even one of the top 10 pitching prospects in the system, according to SoxProspects.com.  Be that as it may, taking three or four of your top pitching prospects for a 34-year old pitcher who is getting paid the most of any starter in the majors would be ludicrous froom a baseball business standpoint, IMO.

No He's not....but he would be on some peoples list at #10 and definitely aound 11 12....besides the point I include him because he's still a high ranked prospect who give them someone who they can slide into the rotation NOW. 

wasn't trying to be disagreeable.  Just trying to point out that Workman is actually not even one of the Sox's top 10 prospects, which include 6 pitchers, I believe.  I actually like Workman, better than De La Rosa (who I am more and more convinced will be a reliever if he makes it in the bigs at all).

I guess I am leaning towards those here who wouldn't trade for Lee at all, no matter the cost. 

He could in fact make a difference this year.  Probably enhances their playoff chances quite a bit.  But I don't want to see the Sox play salary dumpee, like the Dodgers did last season for the Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I don't want any of these guys.  Bud Norris?  His 1.413 WHIP would be good for about a 5.00 ERA at Fenway.

Either trade the farm for a Chris Sale or Madison Bumgarner, or stand pat.  Lee, Peavy and especially Bud Norris will not be difference-makers this year.

Well said.....  No Xander Bogaerts under any circumstances!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

just peeped his splits on baseballref.  he is a .500 pitcher (22-22) vs AL East.

meh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russellrules11. Show Russellrules11's posts

Does adding Lee means WS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

just peeped his splits on baseballref.  he is a .500 pitcher (22-22) vs AL East.

meh...

I'm not sure how much of his performance, especially in terms of won/lost record, as a pitcher for Cleveland against Blue Jays teams of the early and mid 2000s, has much bearing on his ability to get through today's Orioles, Rays, Yankees, and Blue Jays lineups.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ruben Amero basically just said hes not trading Lee.  He thinks having Lee and Hammels along with Utley is a good start to build around the next couple years. Also thinks if he add acouple pieces along with guys like Domenic Brown and the new 3b prospect they just promoted today they can compete next year.

Thank God...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Russellrules11's comment:

Does adding Lee means WS?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ruben Amero basically just said hes not trading Lee.  He thinks having Lee and Hammels along with Utley is a good start to build around the next couple years. Also thinks if he add acouple pieces along with guys like Domenic Brown and the new 3b prospect they just promoted today they can compete next year.

Thank God...

You should thank Ruben Amero.  Then again, he could just be posturing to see what the would be suitors are willing to offer.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Thank God...

And you believe him? GMs lie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Cliff Lee Rumors: Tuesday By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 2:34pm CST]

Phillies lefty Cliff Lee is "eminently available," writes Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.  Given that the 34-year-old has at least $70MM remaining on his contract through 2015, his availability has sparked a debate over his true trade value.  The latest:

• There is "very little chance" of the Phillies trading Lee, GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said on MLB Network Tuesday afternoon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Then I think we have an agreement! 

Amaro doesn't want to trade him for anything we might offer and we won't offer anything he might want.  That sounds fair to me. He can keep Lee and his contract, and try to build around his 35 year old pitcher next year.  Good luck with that, btw. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Thank God...

And you believe him? GMs lie.

Not 100%, but It makes sense. We wont give up the 1 player they want. Maybe he gives in, but hes also in a big baseball market and cant go in full rebuild mode. Lee and Hammels as a 1-2 is a good start. Along with resigning Utley and Rollins returning. They have a couple young kids playing with Ben Revere, Brown and the new kid tonight at 3b. Its realistic to think that if he doesnt get the player he wants he wont sell Lee. He doesnt have to. they have a 5 billion dollar TV deal happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Just say no, Ben.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Amaro probably knows he's not getting Bogaerts or JBJ for Lee and if he asked Lee if he would waive his no-trade clause to Boston might be telling Amaro is wiling to settle for less.  But I don't mind Sox not making a big move.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

I want Lee, but I don't want to give up the guys we'd have to part with to get him.

Send Aceves and ask them to pick up Lee's salary as well. Philly will go for it if you send over Dicaprio and his Inception team three days before. Trust me, just go with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hearing that JBJ was taken out of PawSox game, apparently because he may be traded.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Hearing that JBJ was taken out of PawSox game, apparently because he may be traded.

I don't want to hear that. Say it isn't so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want to hear that. Say it isn't so.

[/QUOTE]

Scary, but true.  PH for after going 1 for 2 with a run scored.