Lester 2015

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Lester 2015

Apparently, there have been many tweets about Lester after the trade, deservedly so, but he only favorited one tweet saying they were looking forward to seeing him back in Boston in 2015. Wouldn't that be something?

Other names I have posted under: None

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Lester 2015

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

wow awesome thread

Sorry it wasn't a thread slamming another poster, which is your forte. It's cool. The Real Housewives of BDC continues starring BurritoT. Don't know why more reality shows haven't snatched you up yet for more drama. Drama would be a good name for you. You should think about that when you're creating screennames to "try out" because that's normal. Everyone does it. LMAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't see a problem with this thread....a LOT of fans are hopeful he does exactly this. If what Kimsays says is true (Lester only favorited 1), than it is worth sharing.

I'm all for a good argument...but attacking this thread is reaching.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox FO said they are going put "huge effort" to bring back Lester this off-season.  Clearly Sox still have far better advantage than other 29 teams to sign Lester.  If Sox bring back Lester, Ben will probably be the fan favorite GM of all time in Red Sox history.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Lester comes back, the Commissioner should block it as collusion....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox and A's have conspired before....Rollie Fingers and Joe Rudi in 1976 Fire Sale....Blue to Yankees

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox FO said they are going put "huge effort" to bring back Lester this off-season.  Clearly Sox still have far better advantage than other 29 teams to sign Lester.  If Sox bring back Lester, Ben will probably be the fan favorite GM of all time in Red Sox history.  

[/QUOTE]

Ben is the GM, but only John Henry can decide 'how much' as in 'how much $$$' they want him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

As silly as it sounds, Kuhn said "Best Interests of Baseball" back then. If you sell a guy for 2 months and then re-sign him or with the private knowledge you are re-signing him but you sell him to a friend--Beane--to help him win a WS title...Is that "Best Interests of Baseball?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when?  once he's  someone else's player it's collusion to discuss him.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I just don't see how they can justify re-signing him unless it's to admit they conspired with the A's/Beane to help Oakland win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just don't see how they can justify re-signing him unless it's to admit they conspired with the A's/Beane to help Oakland win.

[/QUOTE]

No conspiracy.  Oakland got Lester because they offered an MLB-tested RH outfielder with power. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Attack of the Killer Burrito!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rentaplayers happen all the time. Cliff Lee? Oakland won't sign him because they can't afford to. Which is why the Red Sox traded him there instead of the O's. No collusion just shrewd dealings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

The sox and JL said time and time again they were putting talks off until after the season. If that's when they prefer to iron out an agreement that's up to the parties. In the meantime, value for value was exchanged. That's best interest of baseball. Now, if Lester went to Oakland for a PTBNL...that's an issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see a problem with this thread....a LOT of fans are hopeful he does exactly this. If what Kimsays says is true (Lester only favorited 1), than it is worth sharing.

I'm all for a good argument...but attacking this thread is reaching.

[/QUOTE]

Attacking? Maybe I should have used some profanity? Attacking?

[/QUOTE]

Profanity would make this more exciting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

MoFo Burrito &!#!!!%&...and there!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Funny...the Rays commentators were asking why the commissioner didn't get involved in the Sox fire sale. They were beside themselves that the sox were allowed to get away with it. Sour grapes for what the Rays got for Price I guess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Sounds too good to be true to me...if the Red Sox were willing to give him a contract commensurate with his value, it should have happened long before now, and this winter the price will have gone up and he will have other offers on the table that will almost certainly top ours.

But I suppose anything can happen, and keeping that hope alive, however faint, might make it somewhat easier to get through the next few months.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

lester's playin good PR, good thing sox arent biting and got the best deal they could.. according to jim duquette, sox made it clear that lester was available to all teams ..EXCEPT the team in the bronx! its personal and game on! like damon, like tex, like CC, like ellsbury, they will park the brinks next to lester's house and he'll go! good luck to him, but will only be for 3 more years.. his volume of pitches per game and reliance on that arm-stressing cutter will make him another halliday! gone by age 35! yanks will pay til he's age 38, sox shouldnt.. 5 year max.. yanks will go 7 and vest 8 with some 4 year opt-out!

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny...the Rays commentators were asking why the commissioner didn't get involved in the Sox fire sale. They were beside themselves that the sox were allowed to get away with it. Sour grapes for what the Rays got for Price I guess.

[/QUOTE]

man, i've got to watch a Sox/Rays game one time on the Rays' feed.  they sound like a bunch of tools. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

lester's playin good PR, good thing sox arent biting and got the best deal they could.. according to jim duquette, sox made it clear that lester was available to all teams ..EXCEPT the team in the bronx! its personal and game on! like damon, like tex, like CC, like ellsbury, they will park the brinks next to lester's house and he'll go! good luck to him, but will only be for 3 more years.. his volume of pitches per game and reliance on that arm-stressing cutter will make him another halliday! gone by age 35! yanks will pay til he's age 38, sox shouldnt.. 5 year max.. yanks will go 7 and vest 8 with some 4 year opt-out!

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

[/QUOTE]

The Cashman has always given opt out clauses, always exercised them, and has always gotten burned by them

I hope he's the yankee's GM forever!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is asinine. If Lester signs with the sox this will be the course of events. Lester traded to athletics. Lester hits free agency. Lester picks the contract he wants to sign on the open market. Lester exercises his right as a free agent to sign with any team, and chooses the Red Sox. It is no different than any other player taking less money to be in a favorable position. The trade isn't a factor

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when?  once he's  someone else's player it's collusion to discuss him.....

[/QUOTE]

Why? What if cashman said "if Lester hits free agency, he's a player we'd like to add an would be aggressive in negotiations." Collusion? No. If he says "the Yankees have a 6 year 180 million dollar deal waiting for Jon." That would be tampering. I don't think you know what collusion means

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So now Jon Lester had lost his right as a free agent to sign with the team of his choice? You know what? Block the trade. BC said he wouldn't trade him to the Yankees. That's collusion, right? Please. Learn what collusion means 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lester will be an unrestricted free agent and can shop his arm to any team...any team. MLB would have there hands full proving there was a discussion and the Players association would have field day with Bud Selig. 

High marks for bringing up Bowie Kuhn. In this case baseball isn't going after Charlie O Finley.

Sections
Shortcuts