Lester 2015

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Lester 2015

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

Funny...the Rays commentators were asking why the commissioner didn't get involved in the Sox fire sale. They were beside themselves that the sox were allowed to get away with it. Sour grapes for what the Rays got for Price I guess.

man, i've got to watch a Sox/Rays game one time on the Rays' feed.  they sound like a bunch of tools. 

They are one of the worst in mlb.  I turn guys like that off and listen to the radio on the computer.

In other words you put them on ignore. You're an expert at it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Red Sox were hesitant to make him a fair market offer. The Yankees will gladly give him what he wants plus some. He's a Yankee in 2015.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Maybe the sox hesitance to give him a new contract was more due to the fact that they realized they were not going to make the playoffs this year and with 2015 in mind, they figured lester would be their best trade chip to help build for next season. Also, lester had stated that he prefer to talk contract after the season, not during. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

Maybe the sox hesitance to give him a new contract was more due to the fact that they realized they were not going to make the playoffs this year and with 2015 in mind, they figured lester would be their best trade chip to help build for next season. Also, lester had stated that he prefer to talk contract after the season, not during. 

That was after the 4/70 offer. You don't think that left a sour taste in his mouth? Do you really think the Sox figured they'd trade him for a bat let him get to free-agency was the plan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Billy Beane has a very good relationship with John Henry and the Sox."

Because Beane interviewed for a job years ago ?

I would need to see MLB dig up proof that there was any collusion, in any sort of way. 

When does the "Fire Cherington" thread start ? Next May or sooner ?

Fire Cherington? Who's gonna make the coffee while Lucchino wheels and deals. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I don't see a problem with this thread....a LOT of fans are hopeful he does exactly this. If what Kimsays says is true (Lester only favorited 1), than it is worth sharing.

I'm all for a good argument...but attacking this thread is reaching.

Thank you. It would actually be unusual if Burrito didn't immediately post on my thread to tell me how lame it was. It's pretty much his MO. LOL

Your thread is lame.

It's Saturday, shouldn't you be busy blowing up your girlfriend for the night?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Red Sox were hesitant to make him a fair market offer. The Yankees will gladly give him what he wants plus some. He's a Yankee in 2015.

FTR I don't believe Lester would go to the Yankees. Certainly not for a little more money. He loves Boston, the fans love him here and I don't think he's going to make the Damon/Ellsbury mistake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

lester's playin good PR, good thing sox arent biting and got the best deal they could.. according to jim duquette, sox made it clear that lester was available to all teams ..EXCEPT the team in the bronx! its personal and game on! like damon, like tex, like CC, like ellsbury, they will park the brinks next to lester's house and he'll go! good luck to him, but will only be for 3 more years.. his volume of pitches per game and reliance on that arm-stressing cutter will make him another halliday! gone by age 35! yanks will pay til he's age 38, sox shouldnt.. 5 year max.. yanks will go 7 and vest 8 with some 4 year opt-out!

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

Nonsensical; one rumor had Lester going to the NYY, as stated a few wks ago,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

Great thread... when does 'Lester 2016' arrive in theaters?

The more you post, the less impressive you seem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I don't see a problem with this thread....a LOT of fans are hopeful he does exactly this. If what Kimsays says is true (Lester only favorited 1), than it is worth sharing.

Thank you. It would actually be unusual if Burrito didn't immediately post on my thread to tell me how lame it was. It's pretty much his MO. LOL

Your thread is lame.

Can't do it; he's busy making posts such as Napoli, who is 4th in the AL in OBP and 14th in OPS, should be traded this winter because he stinks.

She'll have to wait for the off-season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

The drool on Cashman's floor is hitting Flood Stage.

LOL BSu, but i think if he doesn't sign up in Oaktown, destination..Beantown 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

wow awesome thread

Sorry it wasn't a thread slamming another poster, which is your forte. It's cool. The Real Housewives of BDC continues starring BurritoT. Don't know why more reality shows haven't snatched you up yet for more drama. Drama would be a good name for you. You should think about that when you're creating screennames to "try out" because that's normal. Everyone does it. LMAO

[object HTMLDivElement]

We haven't always seen eye to eye Kim, but I don't see a problem with this thread either. I think there's as good a chance he signs with Boston than any other team. Rigatoni can be funny, but this joke against him is pretty good too, I'll have to admit, and even he would have to if he's honest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Funny...the Rays commentators were asking why the commissioner didn't get involved in the Sox fire sale. They were beside themselves that the sox were allowed to get away with it. Sour grapes for what the Rays got for Price I guess.

[object HTMLDivElement]

They are idiots. I've been saying it for years, especially that main announcer--whatever his name is. They will never REALLY be able to compete and they know it. All they can do is make a nuisance of themselves occasionally in the regular season. Most players can't wait to get out of there and do so as soon as eligible. Longoria was a young succor to get talked into that contract as a rookie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

They are idiots. I've been saying it for years, especially that main announcer--whatever his name is. They will never REALLY be able to compete and they know it. All they can do is make a nuisance of themselves occasionally in the regular season. Most players can't wait to get out of there and do so as soon as eligible. Longoria was a young succor to get talked into that contract as a rookie.

I guess U forgot they won the Pennant in 2008.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think the OP has positing a legitimate perspective on Lester.  I'm just a tad more pessimistic because I think the minimum he will accept is five years and $100M, and that might be more than the Sox are willing to pay.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I think the OP has positing a legitimate perspective on Lester.  I'm just a tad more pessimistic because I think the minimum he will accept is five years and $100M, and that might be more than the Sox are willing to pay.  

5/125 is the min

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Your thread is lame.

It's Sunday; shouldn't you be recharging your batteries?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Your thread is lame.

Can't do it; he's busy making posts such as Napoli, who is 4th in the AL in OBP and 14th in OPS, should be traded this winter because he stinks.

She'll have to wait for the off-season.

Btw, I hope Naps is traded in the offseason; he's as boring as both you and Kim. Speaking of the bearded one, I have a feeling Kim has a small mustache.

A guy who helped win the WS with one clutch hit after another throughout the season, where some were bombs; and that's boring to U; so much for your judgement.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Rays commentators should be more concerned why they continue to be last in attendence every year.   

I understand that the 5,000 Rays fans throughout the country are upset that their team traded away Price while their team is in the Wild Card hunt.  But I doubt the Rays were able to overcome the Blue Jays, Royals, Yankees, and Mariners.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

Sox and A's have conspired before....Rollie Fingers and Joe Rudi in 1976 Fire Sale....Blue to Yankees

Don't forget the sweetheart deals during the 1950s between the Yankees and Kansas City. The Yankee Dynasty was largely due to those under-the-table trades where the best KC players went to New York while inferior players plus cash went back to KC.

Danny Cater himself was a product of the KC/NY relationship.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i truly think there is a very good chance that jon lester ends up coming back, there is a fair amount of evidence that suggest that will happen. First, him favouriting the tweet from bill simmons i believe it was that ended with “see you on the 2015 red sox” and then the recent report from gordon edes that the sox are expected to make a huge push to bring back lester for next year. Add that to the fact that lester himself said that he would come back to the sox even if he is traded and how much he has said he loves boston and how much his family loves it in boston. 

Sections
Shortcuts