Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology?

I am not qualified to assess the effort and attitude of Jon Lester during the season. You might want to ask this question of someone who was a teammate or was in the clubhouse day after day. What callers to WEEI and posters on forums is merely speculation and opinion. Gossip is fine but it is usually done by old ladies over the back fence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology?

I wasn't aware that it has been proven that Lester (or others) only gave 96.47% in 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology?:
    [QUOTE]I am not qualified to assess the effort and attitude of Jon Lester during the season. You might want to ask this question of someone who was a teammate or was in the clubhouse day after day. What callers to WEEI and posters on forums is merely speculation and opinion. Gossip is fine but it is usually done by old ladies over the back fence.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

You have it wrong it is old ladies over the phone and old men over the fence.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Didn't every starter have an ERA over 7 during September?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IT COULD BE THAT LAST YEAR WAS THE RESULT OF A NEW PITCHING COACH TRYING TO FIND HIS WAY.....  BOSTON IS NO PLACE FOR THE "FAINT OF HEART"!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology?:
    [QUOTE]Lester's last four starts= 8.24 ERA.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that ERA was an effective measure of effort.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't every starter have an ERA over 7 during September?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Actually, Wake's was "only" 5.25, but that included a 4 IP 0 ER releif stint.
    His Sept ERA as a starter was 6.30.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's only effective in small doses.

Like Beckett.  He had a 2.49ERa through Spetember 16th when he injured his ankle.  A 2.49ERA over 173IP is not a good way to measure effort or conditioning.

In Beckett's last 2 starts, spanning 13.1 IP, Beckett had an ERA of 8.10.   now THAT is proof he as ut of shape and not trying and has to go.  If a 13 inning sample coming off an injury isn't indicative, then who knows what is?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it blows my mind that in the last month of a pennant race with a playoff spot hanging in the balance that the players couldnt focus enough to care and police themselves...I'm no fan of Tito but the idiocy of Beckett/Lester/Lackey and whomever contributed to this environment of disrespect should fess up and take responsibility...

Im glad Bobby V is there to stop this nonsense...I would trade Beckett asap...he is the biggest degenerate, has a history of being an azzwipe on off days (see Florida years), and bloated like a blimp...make him an example and cut him....his one million per victory is a joke - especially for a supposed veteran/leader....the only thing he led us to last year was an epic humiliation...btw loved the way he whined about Valentine's right-on remarks about his slow pitching....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Lester owes fans an apology, as nearly every member of the team does. Pedroia is the new player de facto leader. Varitek needs to be kicked to the curb, despite a plea from Lester.  Valetine clearly doesn't want Varitek back. We will see if Cherry does. I know Cherry doesn't want Wastefield back, other than a minor league contract, perhaps. I doubt the owners want him back, but one never knows on that front.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Wasn't Lester supposed to be the front runner for the Cy Young? He doesn't owe anyone an apology except for himself. When you get your manager fired you need to take a long good look in the miror and ask yourself who you are really affecting with your attitude.

However, I expect Lester to make a bounce back this season and make a dominant case for the top pitcher in the AL. The kid has too much talent to let it get wasted by Texan clowns.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]it blows my mind that in the last month of a pennant race with a playoff spot hanging in the balance that the players couldnt focus enough to care and police themselves...I'm no fan of Tito but the idiocy of Beckett/Lester/Lackey and whomever contributed to this environment of disrespect should fess up and take responsibility... Im glad Bobby V is there to stop this nonsense...I would trade Beckett asap...he is the biggest degenerate, has a history of being an azzwipe on off days (see Florida years), and bloated like a blimp...make him an example and cut him....his one million per victory is a joke - especially for a supposed veteran/leader....the only thing he led us to last year was an epic humiliation...btw loved the way he whined about Valentine's right-on remarks about his slow pitching....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

$1m per victory is a joke?  Sabathia won 19 games for $23m, and Halladay 19 for $20m.

What do you believe to be an acceptable cost/win for a veteran pitcher these days?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology? : $1m per victory is a joke?  Sabathia won 19 games for $23m, and Halladay 19 for $20m. What do you believe to be an acceptable cost/win for a veteran pitcher these days?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

one million dollars a victory is a joke...regardless of who is getting the money....and to compare beckett to these great pitchers who start every game and are great teammates who lead by example is simple buffoonary on your part...what part of the entire post wasnt true???

now go get Josh a beer and some popeyes you bootlicker

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester:"I'm sad to see Tito go"-does he owe Tito and Red Sox fans an apology? : one million dollars a victory is a joke...regardless of who is getting the money....and to compare beckett to these great pitchers who start every game and are great teammates who lead by example is simple buffoonary on your part...what part of the entire post wasnt true??? now go get Josh a beer and some popeyes you bootlicker
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Aren't you charming?  My point remains that given the current market conditions $1m/win is not "a joke" for a veteran pitcher; in fact it's pretty good.

I repeat my question:  what do you believe is a good cost/win these days for a veteran pitcher?  And who are these bargain pitchers?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Also, if you're going to accuse someone of buffoonery I suggest you spell it correctly lest you appear like a, you know, buffoon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

thanks for the spelling tip - maybe next time you can agree or disagree on the merit of the entire post...not one aspect of it....

now go get your shinebox for Joshie