Lester & Vaseline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Lester & Vaseline?

Anyone see the pictures/video of Lester going to his glove last night?  There is clearly a discoloration and he rubs his two fingers across it before gripping the ball.  Honestly, it looks like Vaseline in texture and color.

It seems too obvious where it is for it to be true, but man...it looks bad...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Re: Lester & Vaseline?

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/jon-lester-vaseline-glove/208446

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nonsense.  Lester throws mostly fastballs and cut fastballs, neither with a lot of break.  He rarely throws his changeup, which breaks 8 inches and doesn't rely much on his curve ball, which breaks 13/14 inches. 

I tend to favor pitchers anyway because the hitters get all the breaks.  Every single batter is allowed to gripe to the home plate umpire.  Not so the pitcher.  The mound was lowered some years ago to make it harder on the pitchers.  The ball is juiced, same reason.  The strike zone these days seems to extend from the top of a batter's belt buckle to the bottom of his belt buckle. Pitchers are told they have to throw a pitch within so many seconds, but hitters can pause frequently and almost for as long as they want.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Lester is not the type of pitcher that would be doctoring the baseball. It doesn't make sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That vine video is def interesting though. He puts his 2 fingers on something in his glove. I would be very disappointed if its confirmed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I don't know about that, but I'll tell you what I'VE noticed.  There's a distinct discoloration on the brim of his cap, right beneath the "B".  /s/

Yeah, this board needs an "eye roll" emoticon specifically for threads like this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to clouts' comment:

Anyone see the pictures/video of Lester going to his glove last night?  There is clearly a discoloration and he rubs his two fingers across it before gripping the ball.  Honestly, it looks like Vaseline in texture and color.

It seems too obvious where it is for it to be true, but man...it looks bad...

oy, I'll keep this simple. on any given occasion the hitter can request that the blue man take a look at the ball. vaseline? I really doubt it. jon threw a gem of a game last nite and the one clue that made JF take him out was when he had that one pitch that got away from him. he was toast. but vaseline? come on!!!

that's just incase you didn't really read what maxi and s5 said.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Not sure about the eye roll comment....

It's being talked about on the STL radio shows this morning.  I assume it will be newsworthy throughout the day.  I hope it's not true, and I don't believe it is.  But, it does look a little funky, agree?

(rolls eyes)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

The source of the "doctored" photos was a Cardinal minor leaguer? Did you see the faint image of Henry Kissinger inside the glove also?

No I thought it was winston churchill! Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

I knew that I forgot to do something this morning. I put out the cat, had my coffee, bacon and eggs but forgot to tune in STL radio talk shows. I'll try to remember it tomorrow. Can you give me the link since I lost mine.

Oh, it's a trip.  My partner at the office here is from STL (huge fan, but a realist, too).  She got an alert and tuned into their show. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

His glove looks perfectly clean here, for what it's worth. 

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/2YqyMO53wuPBm3V_oeLg3Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTEwMTQ7cHlvZmY9MDtxPTc1O3c9MTIzMQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_MLB/201310232211798765755-p5.jpg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

It's being talked about on the STL radio shows this morning.  I assume it will be newsworthy throughout the day.  I hope it's not true, and I don't believe it is.  But, it does look a little funky, agree?

(rolls eyes)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I gotta say.....it is a bit interesting.  I highly doubt that he doctoring the ball though.  Think about how many times the ump takes the ball and replaces it with a new one.  I'm sure he would notice if there was vaseline on it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

(rolls eyes)

Larry Brown works for WHO?? 

It looks to me like much ado about nothing. 

1) If you look at Lester's glove, the stitching and cord surrounding the fingers and thumb are lighter in color than is the leather around it. That's the part Lester was touching.

2) The shadows in the video make it impossible to see if there is anything foreign in that area.

3) Vaseline is an opaque substance which would make it nearly impossible to see if it WERE there.

4) It's impossible to determine texture from a video.

This strikes me as a case of someone saying something, so it MUST be true.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 

If you have any doubts about the credibility of Larry Brown you might want to look at this

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/red-sox-lines-shaved-heads-2-chainz/208345

which is part of the same string of articles on the WS.  And pay special attention to the very last paragraph.  Brown is obviously willing to say anything to demonize the Red Sox. 

Brown has "sore loser" stapled to his forehead.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Zetterberg80's comment:

not a very good veiw IMO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

His main asset last night was pin point control.  Followed by mixing up his pitches......His stuff was decent too but it was control and keeping the hitters off balance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

In response to S5's comment:

(rolls eyes)

1) If you look at Lester's glove, the stitching and cord surrounding the fingers and thumb are lighter in color than is the leather around it. That's the part Lester was touching.

2) The shadows in the video make it impossible to see if there is anything foreign in that area.

3) Vaseline is an opaque substance which would make it nearly impossible to see if it WERE there.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 

If you have any doubts about the credibility of Larry Brown you might want to look at this

which is part of the same string of articles on the WS.  And pay special attention to the very last paragraph.  Brown is obviously willing to say anything to demonize the Red Sox. 

Ok, this is odd.  I'm a Sox fan, thought it was something to discuss on a discussion board.  Didn't expect a Patriot-fan like reaction, but it is what it is.  Regarding the color/texture, it looked shiney and has the same color as this:

I am in no way saying he doctored the ball.  It seemed newsworthy, but I shoulda' known not to dare question anything.  Enjoy folks....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

it's on the weei site also

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/24/cardinals-minor-league-questions-if-jon-lester-used-illegal-substance/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

(rolls eyes)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 

Ok, this is odd.  I'm a Sox fan, thought it was something to discuss on a discussion board.  Didn't expect a Patriot-fan like reaction, but it is what it is.  Regarding the color/texture, it looked shiney and has the same color as this:

I am in no way saying he doctored the ball.  It seemed newsworthy, but I shoulda' known not to dare question anything.  Enjoy folks....

I don't think anybody was saying that you shouldn't have posted that Clouts.  In fact I think it's a pretty good discussion and people are just questioning the sourse of the report and the accusation in general. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

gripping the ball on a cold night is not an easy task.  might not be using whatever it was to add break but to simply grip.  either way...if true...it's cheating.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

(rolls eyes)

The main cheerleader for "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" shouldn't have a problem with it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I don't know about that, but I'll tell you what I'VE noticed.  There's a distinct discoloration on the brim of his cap, right beneath the "B".  /s/

Yeah, this board needs an "eye roll" emoticon specifically for threads like this one.

*8-| rolling eyes -----------*=)) rolling on the floor*=)) rolling on the floor

Sections
Shortcuts