Lester & Vaseline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Lester & Vaseline?

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I gotta say.....it is a bit interesting.  I highly doubt that he doctoring the ball though.  Think about how many times the ump takes the ball and replaces it with a new one.  I'm sure he would notice if there was vaseline on it. 

Exactly, king.  Why would he do it with all eyes on him, on the biggest stage?  Let's all jump to conclusions. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

I don't know about that, but I'll tell you what I'VE noticed.  There's a distinct discoloration on the brim of his cap, right beneath the "B".  /s/

Yeah, this board needs an "eye roll" emoticon specifically for threads like this one.

*8-| rolling eyes -----------*=)) rolling on the floor*=)) rolling on the floor

Nice emoticons; funny too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to clouts' comment:

Anyone see the pictures/video of Lester going to his glove last night?  There is clearly a discoloration and he rubs his two fingers across it before gripping the ball.  Honestly, it looks like Vaseline in texture and color.

It seems too obvious where it is for it to be true, but man...it looks bad...

Too obvious, exactly.  Anyone who has anything leather will have discoloration from natural skin oils. Vaseline has no color, clear or texture, smooth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

st louie gets spanked hard that they resort to accuse Lester of cheating

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Players put stuff on the ball all the time to get a better grip. Things like vasoline, and other substances that are used to give a ball more break tend to lessen a pitchers grip.

No way a guy in his right mind would do that on a night as cold as last night, lets also not forget how good Lesters command was last night as well.

Anyone who thinks he cheated, is either a Red Sox hater or an il-informed Cardinals/Yankees fan.

FWIW if the tables were turned there would be some of the ingorant Sox fans complaining just the same. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

That vaseline also led to Kozma's two errors, Papi nearly hitting a grand slam, and Wainwright's curveball not breaking at all.....Lester was throwing Lester's game.  If vaseline is the case Lester has been so good, shouldn't someone have seen it before Game 1 of the World Series?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

We can be pretty sure Lester's glove will be checked prior to Game 5.  The good thing is now all he has to do is pretend to go to that spot to put a seed into the Cardinal hitters minds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to PrairieBayou's comment:

That vaseline also led to Kozma's two errors, Papi nearly hitting a grand slam, and Wainwright's curveball not breaking at all.....Lester was throwing Lester's game.  If vaseline is the case Lester has been so good, shouldn't someone have seen it before Game 1 of the World Series?

Rare true BASEBALL fan.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Anyone see the pictures/video of Lester going to his glove last night?  There is clearly a discoloration and he rubs his two fingers across it before gripping the ball.  Honestly, it looks like Vaseline in texture and color.

Leather does fade in color . All depends on how they soften it... If you ever played  baseball and your glove is new.They have stuff to soften it  and keep it from drying out.. All gloves are broken in. If you look at Gomes glove on the thumb you can make out what appears to be jesus.. Hope you can now sleep better......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Vaseline.  hahaha.  What is this, 1946?  Look, pitchers in 2013 are not above trying to get an advantage by doctoring a baseball.  But vaseline?  Hahahahahahahahahahaa. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Major League Baseball said in a statement: "We cannot draw any conclusions from this video. There were no complaints from the Cardinals and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game."

From Yahoo! Sports.

I'd love to see Lester bring his glove to the presser tonight, show it off, and shove it up the STL radioheads a**

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Major League Baseball said in a statement: "We cannot draw any conclusions from this video. There were no complaints from the Cardinals and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game."

From Yahoo! Sports.

Oh phew.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

im sure there are a bunch of St. Louis fans who know their team was just outplayed last night, partially due to sloppy defense on their behalf.  if the tables were turned there would be plenty of fans in Boston pointing their fingers

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the only thing about last night's game that perhaps wasn't cool was when Vic tried to gun out Freese on a 2-out single up by 7......that was a little bit of a bully-move and didn't sit well with me....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabostonfan. Show tampabostonfan's posts

Yeah, this all much ado about nothing.  They have one shot that everyone is using.  Nobody has any pictures or videos of him doing it repeatedly during the game.  Also, to echo what many have already said, Lester doesn't have a lot of movement on his pitches.  He works the strilke-zone.  The talk about Bucholtz holds more water as his ball moves all over the place, but that isn't the type of pitcher Lester is.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Being that it's 2013 I find it curious that a minor leaguer in the STL organization would take to Twitter rather than going up the chain with a cell call to the clubhouse.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How did the foreign substance cause Kazoo to not catch the ball on the DP opp, or Wainwright to stand there and watch the pop up drop?  That game should have been 0-0 after 6.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

the only thing about last night's game that perhaps wasn't cool was when Vic tried to gun out Freese on a 2-out single up by 7......that was a little bit of a bully-move and didn't sit well with me....

That is absolutely 100% ridiculous.  Every time you have an opportunity to make an out you do it.  That's how the game if baseball is played

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham  

Cardinals work fast. Lester accuser has deleted the original tweet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I have lots of discoloration on my well used glove. My Vaseline usage doesn't extend to baseball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Yeah, I agree.  Vic should have taken it easy on dose poor widdle cardinals.  he should have let fweese have a widdle success threr so he could feew better about his poor little self.  In fact, Farrell should have spotted them a couple runs so they wouldn't cry.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Hahaha...the "Laugh Out Loud Moments From Last Night" or whatever thread has nothing on this one.

Sections
Shortcuts