Lester & Vaseline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Lester & Vaseline?

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The St. Louis minor league player was manning an expensive high zoom camera that took high speed photography and he was sitting somewhere out near the bullpen to get that angle? Was he out fishing for something irregular to happen or did it just fall into place for him? What was his motive or did he do this for both pitchers. Why didn't he tell the players in the St. Louis bullpen and have them call the dugout. If he did that then the manager could have asked the home plate umpire to inspect Lester's glove. Instead he decided to take his photos to the tabloid press. It doesn't add up.

[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.  And that is probably why his original post on the matter was deleted.  Funny how things flip.  If anyone was dirty, it was him fishing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The St. Louis minor league player was manning an expensive high zoom camera that took high speed photography and he was sitting somewhere out near the bullpen to get that angle? Was he out fishing for something irregular to happen or did it just fall into place for him? What was his motive or did he do this for both pitchers. Why didn't he tell the players in the St. Louis bullpen and have them call the dugout. If he did that then the manager could have asked the home plate umpire to inspect Lester's glove. Instead he decided to take his photos to the tabloid press. It doesn't add up.

No, it doesn't.  And that is probably why his original post on the matter was deleted.  Funny how things flip.  If anyone was dirty, it was him fishing.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Mark McGwire a Cardinal?  Kent Merker?  Fernando Vina?  Rick Ankiel?

RE:  andro.....Didn't the Cardinals once say they:

"did not object to McGwire’s use of the supplement because it had “no proven anabolic effects nor significant side effects."

Source:  See William C. Rhoden, Sports of the Times: Baseball’s Pandora’s Box Cracks Open,
    N.Y. Times, Aug. 25, 1998, at C1

Their hands are quite dirty.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe Strauss ‏@JoeStrauss 4m

Cards GM John Mozeliak describes flap over Lester's glove as "a non-issue" and will not pursue it w/MLB

[/QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 4m

Lester just said all he uses is rosin. Has for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wonder what the Cards' players think about one of their minor leaguers starting this whole thing...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Maybe I am missing some sarcasm here but I have to say...I'm surprised at the number of  Red Sox fans who are actually buying into this accusation and not defending our ace pitcher....geesh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe I am missing some sarcasm here but I have to say...I'm surprised at the number of  Red Sox fans who are actually buying into this accusation and not defending our ace pitcher....geesh.

[/QUOTE]

Who?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

the call is it was rosin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

Lester thanked MLB, the Cardinals and GM John Mozeliak for handling the matter professionally.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

Lester thanked MLB, the Cardinals and GM John Mozeliak for handling the matter professionally.

[/QUOTE]

Lester is finally grownig up

Now if he can just learn to back up home plate I'll leave him be...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A. Lester grew up a long time ago.  Beat cancer, and came back the next year to close out a world championship.  Did he regress under Beckett's 'leadership?  Maybe.  But this isnt finally growing up.  This is who he is and who he has been.

B.  Yes, yes, we know if he learns to back up home plate you will leave him be.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Mike Matheny was on Francesa an hour ago...says issue has been cleared to the Cards' satisfaction..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A. Lester grew up a long time ago.  Beat cancer, and came back the next year to close out a world championship.  Did he regress under Beckett's 'leadership?  Maybe.  But this isnt finally growing up.  This is who he is and who he has been.

[/QUOTE]

A)  No, he did not.  And even you admit to a regression which means he wasn't an adult because a man wouldn't have allowed that to happen

B)  Well,it's the easiest thing to do, you just shake you butt until you reach 20' behind the catcher......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A)  No, he did not.  And even you admit to a regression which means he wasn't an adult because a man wouldn't have allowed that to happen

B)  Well,it's the easiest thing to do, you just shake you butt until you reach 20' behind the catcher......

[/QUOTE]

Interesting spiritual difference here.  I think a man is actually prone to failure by regression.  He is fallable by human nature.  Rare is the man who never falls from grace.  What makes a man is to fall, and pick himself up, to change, to rise again.  I had no doubt Lester would do this.  I never thought John Lackey would though.  And that moves me even more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, AndrewMitch? Just curious. What IS your opinion of The SHIFT? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I gotta say.....it is a bit interesting.  I highly doubt that he doctoring the ball though.  Think about how many times the ump takes the ball and replaces it with a new one.  I'm sure he would notice if there was vaseline on it. 

Exactly, king.  Why would he do it with all eyes on him, on the biggest stage?  Let's all jump to conclusions. 

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  There is no way lester would get away with that.  The cards stunk so their media outlets are trying to stir something up.  Bush leauge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im sure there are a bunch of St. Louis fans who know their team was just outplayed last night, partially due to sloppy defense on their behalf.  if the tables were turned there would be plenty of fans in Boston pointing their fingers

[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about that.  If the sox played as bad as the cards I think boston fans would be all over the bad pitching and errors and not pointing fingers at the other teams

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I can't believe some nobody can put an accusation on Twitter, and all of MLB has to answer it. LMAO

I'm thinking of tweeting all my concerns about MLB and certain players, umpires, etc. I will expect them to be addressed immediately.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The hitters are on roids.

The pitchers are doctoring the balls.

Baseball is toast.

Bunch of frauds.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe some nobody can put an accusation on Twitter, and all of MLB has to answer it. LMAO

I'm thinking of tweeting all my concerns about MLB and certain players, umpires, etc. I will expect them to be addressed immediately.

[/QUOTE] #@MLB...sirs, there are absolutely too many Sox fans on the BDC site...please take care of this matter ASAP..thanks @jete02yanks Tongue Out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 5m

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting spiritual difference here.  I think a man is actually prone to failure by regression.  He is fallable by human nature.  Rare is the man who never falls from grace.  What makes a man is to fall, and pick himself up, to change, to rise again.  I had no doubt Lester would do this.  I never thought John Lackey would though.  And that moves me even more.

[/QUOTE]

I don't get this - what is so hard about backing up home plate properly?  How do you correlate any kind psychological regression to that?  I suppose if he resorts back to being a lazy bum or a mental midget.  But generally speaking it's by far one of the easiest things in baseball to do - hustle!!!  We aren't talking about losing 4 MPH on your fastball or not being able to throw your breaking stuff for strikees.  We are talking about hustle...........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

If you have an opportunity to make an out you take it.  thats not kicking your opponent unless maybe you're playing t-ball.  No one else (including the cardinals) seemed to be offended.  There is no clock, this is the World Series and outs are a precious commodity

[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of why you do not try and make an out at every opportunity presented itself in the 7th inning last night:

Gomes should not have tried to get the runner at home; he should had thrown directly to third and none of the other BS would had happened (keep in mind that the runners on base had plenty of speed and Gomes was unable to get set up in an ideal manner to make a perfect throw).....There was no sense of urgency to prevent a mere tie in the top of 7th at home; especially when there would had been 2 men out.  Did Gomes have an "opportunity to make an out"?  Yup.  Should he have take the chance?  Nope.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you have an opportunity to make an out you take it.  thats not kicking your opponent unless maybe you're playing t-ball.  No one else (including the cardinals) seemed to be offended.  There is no clock, this is the World Series and outs are a precious commodity

[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of why you do not try and make an out at every opportunity presented itself in the 7th inning last night:

Gomes should not have tried to get the runner at home; he should had thrown directly to third and none of the other BS would had happened (keep in mind that the runners on base had plenty of speed and Gomes was unable to get set up in an ideal manner to make a perfect throw).....There was no sense of urgency to prevent a mere tie in the top of 7th at home; especially when there would had been 2 men out.  Did Gomes have an "opportunity to make an out"?  Yup.  Should he have take the chance?  Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Apples an oranges..,.and Gomes is a horrible defender.  A better throw might have got him, but the real killer was Saltys throw to third.  Your comparison is a huge stretch, you going to question EVERY ERROR!!! That ever happens? That's absurd.  Better defenders on that play make a good throw to the plate and a better throw to third.  Better defense wins that game last night.

Again....you're stretching here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

"From here on out whenever a player makes an error in baseball we will declare that attempt to make a play a huge mistake"

- Captain Hindsight

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

Perfect example of why you do nottry and make an out at every opportunity presented itself in the 7th inning last night:

Apples an oranges..,.and Gomes is a horrible defender.  A better throw might have got him, but the real killer was Saltys throw to third.  Your comparison is a huge stretch, you going to question EVERY ERROR!!! That ever happens? That's absurd.  Better defenders on that play make a good throw to the plate and a better throw to third.  Better defense wins that game last night.

Again....you're stretching here.

[/QUOTE]

Who is questioning every error?  This my rebuttal to your quote: " If you have an opportunity to make an out you take it".....Last night Gomes had an "opportunity to make an out" and he should had passed for a more conservative decision.......Apples to Apples.......your words, not mine.  Sometimes you need to be a little less aggressive in trying to "make an out at every opportunity", see the big picture, and realize that in the long run, it may not be worth the risk given (1) the odds of getting the out are slim and (2) the bad possibilities far outweighs the good and (3) the game was not on the line on that play (ie make the play or the game ends immediately) ........

Sections
Shortcuts