LESTER dismisses his INNER Lackey+wins with no run support! Time to consider his 13m option a DISCOUNT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: LESTER dismisses his INNER Lackey+wins with no run support! Time to consider his 13m option a DISCOUNT?

Lester's option will be more likely to be picked up.  Dempster will be traded during the off season where Boston can use his money to pay partial of Lester's contract.

Then Boston will have Bucholtz, Lackey, Lester, Peavy and Doubront.  Not a bad rotation right there.  If someone get hurt, they can use Workman, Wright, Webster along with possible bunch of new minor league guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: LESTER dismisses his INNER Lackey+wins with no run support! Time to consider his 13m option a DISCOUNT?

The only ones considering his option are some armchair GM's here. The Sox were always going to pick it up.

I told some here not to give up on Lester and that he was still a front line MLB pitcher. He just needed some time to make some adjustments from having a 96-98MPH FB when he needed it, to a 92-94 with 95 in his pocket. He cant really blow it by anyone anymore, and had to adjust his approach. Lester had nobody in his corner last year. With farrell and Nieves this year, we have seen him comeback and be the Jon Lester that we all know and love. Hes a gamer. Just like Peavy and Lackey. Gotta love this kid. I knew he would be back!

Last night was th performance of an
    "ACE"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I find your attacks on Lackey some what comical and as a result of your myopic view of Lackey. Here is a guy who has been the most consistent pitcher on the team all year and who has the least run support of all the pitchers. Yet he goes out there every game and keeps the team in it. In his last 10 games since July 12 he has gone 6 or more every game. In 25 starts he has only 4 game under 6 innings. This guy after some previous years has been a joy to watch pitch.

HE ALSO HAS BEEN FAR MORE CONSISTENT THANLlESTER ALL YEAR.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

With the plethera of young pitchers in AAA and AA, and with the log jam of four #2 or #3 pitchers in Boston, I wouldn't be opposed to trading some one like Buccholtz, Barnes and (insert some other names) and go for an ace like Felix Hernandez, etc.

I think Lackey has been great this season, with him losing a significant amount of weight, finally healing from tommy john surgery and getting back on track mentally after some personal issues at home.  A case could be made for him being the ace of the staff this season.

As for Lester, its nice to see improvements after the all star break, when he stopped throwing the cutter as much as he did and went back to his fastball more.  The option is a basment bargain deal for the Red Sox, as with Lackey's option year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mudbugger's comment:

With the plethera of young pitchers in AAA and AA, and with the log jam of four #2 or #3 pitchers in Boston, I wouldn't be opposed to trading some one like Buccholtz, Barnes and (insert some other names) and go for an ace like Felix Hernandez, etc.

I think Lackey has been great this season, with him losing a significant amount of weight, finally healing from tommy john surgery and getting back on track mentally after some personal issues at home.  A case could be made for him being the ace of the staff this season.

As for Lester, its nice to see improvements after the all star break, when he stopped throwing the cutter as much as he did and went back to his fastball more.  The option is a basment bargain deal for the Red Sox, as with Lackey's option year.

He was using his cutter last night as his out pitch mostly. It wasnt working a good part of the year and he had to go to the CU, CB and FB more. Last night was all about his sharp cutter.

Theres no way you trade Buchholz. Thery have him thru 2017 at a very reasonable cost if they want. Lackey or Dempster are the odd men out if a trade is going to be made. Let the 2 35yo go, not the young ones. Felix isnt coming here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He was using his cutter last night as his out pitch mostly. It wasnt working a good part of the year and he had to go to the CU, CB and FB more. Last night was all about his sharp cutter.

Theres no way you trade Buchholz. Thery have him thru 2017 at a very reasonable cost if they want. Lackey or Dempster are the odd men out if a trade is going to be made. Let the 2 35yo go, not the young ones. Felix isnt coming here.

Well said.  I have no idea why people want to trade Buch.  Sure he gets injured but in the grand scheme of things he is costing the Sox next to nothing in todays standards.  I think this year and next he makes $5 million and then it goes up to 10...with 2 CLUB option years for around 12-13$!!  Not bad at all!  Plus we would only get $.50 on the dollar if we trade him this off season due to his injury.  Yop of the rotation starters do not grow on trees.  I REALLY hope they keep Lackey, he's now resonably priced and seems to be embracing it here.  Dempster??  I'll eat crow on this one....I REALLY liked the signing this Winter....but now...not so much.  Sure he is what we thought he was.....but #5 pitchers with mid to high 4's ERA are really a dime a dozen and could have been filled from within looking back on it.  I would think they trade Dempster but he will not fetch anything more than a midlevel prospect at the VERY most.  I'm also sure the Sox would have to take on some of his salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well said.  I have no idea why people want to trade Buch.  Sure he gets injured but in the grand scheme of things he is costing the Sox next to nothing in todays standards.  I think this year and next he makes $5 million and then it goes up to 10...with 2 CLUB option years for around 12-13$!!  Not bad at all!  Plus we would only get $.50 on the dollar if we trade him this off season due to his injury.  Yop of the rotation starters do not grow on trees.  I REALLY hope they keep Lackey, he's now resonably priced and seems to be embracing it here.  Dempster??  I'll eat crow on this one....I REALLY liked the signing this Winter....but now...not so much.  Sure he is what we thought he was.....but #5 pitchers with mid to high 4's ERA are really a dime a dozen and could have been filled from within looking back on it.  I would think they trade Dempster but he will not fetch anything more than a midlevel prospect at the VERY most.  I'm also sure the Sox would have to take on some of his salary.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that Demp is more salary dump than anything. If they really want a decent return, I think Lackey is the one you move. It depends on how the FO views each of them and what is offered, if in fact they do make them available.

Sections
Shortcuts