Lester is willing to return if traded!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Lester is willing to return if traded!!!

TRADE HIM NOW!!!!! and tell him "You got a 6 year 150m contract waiting for you"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Lester is willing to return if traded!!!

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TRADE HIM NOW!!!!! and tell him "You got a 6 year 150m contract waiting for you"

[/QUOTE]

Yankees will say .. ok 6yrs 180 mil... Trade him now !!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sounds like famous last words...but they might as well do it at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the very fact that the Sox ace has to say this to the media is further example of the why Sox veterans seem to get The Runaround from the FO. It's a game and it's a dumb game that seems to cost the Sox 30 to 40 million dollars MORE when it's time to actually offer Lester something worthy of a long-term contract for a 2-time WS champion with a good postseason pedigree. I am baffled by the Sox. It's sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

but what if he is traded to teams like LA or Seattle or like that, and then suddenly fall in love in that city at the same time that team is willing to give him a new contract.  I would bet that he ll take the deal.

Better off to deal him to a crappy city like Miami or Atlanta or etc where he ll hate it, and then he can return to boston

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Trading Lester is a no-brainer, which should make it easy for the SOX no-brained FO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lester benefits by being traded. If we trade him, the team that gets him to sign with them this winter will not lose a draft pick. In theory, that might mean an extra $5-10M for Lester- the value of a pick.

I seriously doubt Lester comes back here- trade or not. 

Not extending him = good bye

Not trading = losing a huge opportunity to boost our future

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

money talks... Cliff Lee and Philly anyone? If they want him... and at this point they have to over-pay.... then trade him and make the offer he cannot refuse in November.

[/QUOTE]

If we really wanted him, the time to sign him was now.

He's a goner if ever there was one.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

What Lester is really saying I'm willing to use you to get more from the NYY, LAD etc who will pay him a kings ransom.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

If Lester is traded he's gone...let's be serious

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

yes.... but I have been laughed at even suggesting this... in fact jasko (or is it jask-azz) told me I was absolutely in la la land.

[/QUOTE]

others suggested it 2

I never laughed but get back 2 me when it happens

I don't C his statement helping his trade value

if U  want real value he would have 2 agree to sign w/ that team

but if he's traded it helps his FA market value a tad

sounds like a smooth way of saying

trade me and get  that pick off my back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same. And good for him.

I wonder if the reason he's saying this -- the no-hard-feelings part -- is just smart negotiating. Look at it this way:

He does like Boston and he would like to stay here. But he (or his agent) sees the reality of doing business with the FO. So the idea is, Hey John: go ahead, be a three month rental for somebody. You'll get to play for a contender, and you'll also get a taste of what it's like playing for a different team in a different city. You might find it's not all that bad. Then, if you still want to stay in Boston, you can come back and negotiate with these guys.

If I were the agent, I'd be looking for a way to broaden the market for Lester, and getting him out of Boston for a few months might be a way to open his mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel the same. And good for him.

I wonder if the reason he's saying this -- the no-hard-feelings part -- is just smart negotiating. Look at it this way:

He does like Boston and he would like to stay here. But he (or his agent) sees the reality of doing business with the FO. So the idea is, Hey John: go ahead, be a three month rental for somebody. You'll get to play for a contender, and you'll also get a taste of what it's like playing for a different team in a different city. You might find it's not all that bad. Then, if you still want to stay in Boston, you can come back and negotiate with these guys.

If I were the agent, I'd be looking for a way to broaden the market for Lester, and getting him out of Boston for a few months might be a way to open his mind.

[/QUOTE]

A quote from Lester sometime in November, 2014.

"First, let me say I enjoyed all my years in Boston and their fans are great, but since I was a kid I've always wanted to be a NY Yankee. This town really reflects my personality."

This statement will be made right after Lester signs a 6 yr/170mil contract with NY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He has to be dealt now.  If your not going to extend him then you certainly don't let a quality pitcher like him walk for compensation pick.  And you definitely deal him if your not close to contending for a playoff spot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has to be dealt now.  If your not going to extend him then you certainly don't let a quality pitcher like him walk for compensation pick.  And you definitely deal him if your not close to contending for a playoff spot.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Yankees will give the SOX Ellsbury for Lester.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If you give Lester a fair market offer, I believe he will come back.  Obviously the F.O. dropped the ball and will have to spend much more than they could have earlier in the season.

I called for a 6/112 earlier in the offseason and was called crazy by some.  Lester said he would have taken $1 more than the Homer bailey extension, 6/105 million.  Now, it's looking like Lester will get much more than that.

As I said earlier this year with people, this is what players are getting paid in free agency right now, if it's not Lester it's someone else they will be paying that money too. 

But that's all in the past, what is done is done.  If I could get a BIG package for Lester, I'd trade him.  And if I was the G.M. I'd personally tell him he's been traded, I'd also reiterate that he's going to a contender for a shot at winning another ring and that Boston is committed to continually build a championship caliber team and that involves making an honest effort to bring him back after the season.

Players don't often come back after being traded, but it has happened before.  If Lester is sincere, and understands the situation, and truly wants to play in Boston I see zero reason why we couldn't get a huge haul from trading him and then resign him at an honest (not insulting) offer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you give Lester a fair market offer, I believe he will come back.  Obviously the F.O. dropped the ball and will have to spend much more than they could have earlier in the season.

I called for a 6/112 earlier in the offseason and was called crazy by some.  Lester said he would have taken $1 more than the Homer bailey extension, 6/105 million.  Now, it's looking like Lester will get much more than that.

As I said earlier this year with people, this is what players are getting paid in free agency right now, if it's not Lester it's someone else they will be paying that money too. 

But that's all in the past, what is done is done.  If I could get a BIG package for Lester, I'd trade him.  And if I was the G.M. I'd personally tell him he's been traded, I'd also reiterate that he's going to a contender for a shot at winning another ring and that Boston is committed to continually build a championship caliber team and that involves making an honest effort to bring him back after the season.

Players don't often come back after being traded, but it has happened before.  If Lester is sincere, and understands the situation, and truly wants to play in Boston I see zero reason why we couldn't get a huge haul from trading him and then resign him at an honest (not insulting) offer.

[/QUOTE]

Most ML baseball salaries are an INSULT to most of us who are just trying to survive in this money hungry republic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we trade Lester, the team who signs him next winter will not lose a draft pick. Of course, he wants to be traded and will say anything to increase his off season bargaining position.

Trade him now or accept a draft pick in the 30's next spring.

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we trade Lester, the team who signs him next winter will not lose a draft pick. Of course, he wants to be traded and will say anything to increase his off season bargaining position.

Trade him now or accept a draft pick in the 30's next spring.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

common sense you have to trade him...look at what the royals gave up for james shields? i think we can get more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Via ctredsoxfanhugh..."I called for a 6/112 earlier in the offseason and was called crazy by some. Lester said he would have taken $1 more than the Homer bailey extension, 6/105 million. Now, it's looking like Lester will get much more than that."

Tony Mazz said TTE: It's not a Home Town Discount it's the Homer Discount.  This is probably more than any WAR calculation would indicate, but it's going to be a bargain next to what he'll get. 

If they can't somehow reach a Homer-esque deal....I hope Lester gets traded to a contender, is once again lights out in the PO - maybe another WS ring, and gets his huge payday. And the Sox make out handsomely with the returns. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

yes.... but I have been laughed at even suggesting this... in fact jasko (or is it jask-azz) told me I was absolutely in la la land.

[/QUOTE]

What exactly did you expect him to say?  "If the Sox trade me, I won't come back."  Lester's not an idiot.  If Lester is traded and resigns with Boston, I'll change my screen name to "Rigatoni is a genius." 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Red Sox currently have the 9th worst record in baseball. If they have a fire sale one would assume they stay in the bottom 10. That is the only way I see a Lester returning here. The team we trade him to will extend him a qualifying offer.

The Sox return will have to be better than a 1st rd pick. 

If they could get Joc Pederson or Oscar Taveras, do it, even if you have to throw in Miller or Gomes or something to sweeten the pot. 

Then leapfrog 2-3 teams to finish with the 5th or 6th worst record. Sign Lester to a deal in the 5/115 range. Forfeit a 2nd rd pick and draft a future superstar in the 1st rd. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yankees will say .. ok 6yrs 180 mil... Trade him now !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

so?

[/QUOTE]

Just making a point stupid.......So back to you !!!!