Lester is.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lester is.....

An Ace.  It finally happened.  He grew up, stopped relying too heavily on the cutter, improved his delivery and BAM - it finally happened.

Pick up the Option and let's try and repeat now!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Lester is.....

Classy andrewmitch :)  Congratulations!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

one the players it wasn't hard for me to see win a ring..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

... now if he would only back-up throws!! ...

Tongue Out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

I realize this must be hard for you but please strap yourself in tight as things are going to get worse for you, much much worse.

The Core Four?  Jeter?  Posada?  Rivera?  Pettitte?  I don't think so........Ortiz......Pedey.......Ellsbury and Lester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Welcome to the 21st Century.  Starting out just like the 20th Century where we took the first 6 of 15 ever World Series.

And Mr October?  Reggie Jackson?  Sorry, it's KING DAVID

Tables?  Turned?!  You betchya.  Strap yourself in and watch your 1978 DVD.  The Rings are ours.  And not just Lester's. But the other guys who are "hard for YOU to see wearing a ring" (your direct words, not mine)........and for the record, this is Lester's SECOND RING. 

Sabathia or Lester moving forward?  I hope you have a 3 point seat belt!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

... now if he would only back-up throws!! ...

Tongue Out

That still holds true.  The easiest thing to do in baseball is hustle.  Not talent needed and not a ton of thinking required either. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

I realize this must be hard for you but please strap yourself in tight as things are going to get worse for you, much much worse.

The Core Four?  Jeter?  Posada?  Rivera?  Pettitte?  I don't think so........Ortiz......Pedey.......Ellsbury and Lester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Welcome to the 21st Century.  Starting out just like the 20th Century where we took the first 6 of 15 ever World Series.

Tables?  Turned?!  You betchya.  Strap yourself in and watch your 1978 DVD.  The Rings are ours.  And not just Lester's. But the other guys who are "hard for YOU to see wearing a ring" (your direct words, not mine)........andrew,that didn't mean anyone else was hard, just means i'm happy for Lester.... Sabathia or Lester moving forward?  I hope you have a 3 point seat belt!!!!!!!....i'm also happy for Victorino, Gomes and the shotblockers

andrew....first thing...congrats on winning the title..you guys earned it...second..it's not hard for me at all....i was here in 07'....gave you guys props then also....there is no need for you to read into my post..Sox won..Sox deserved to win...props given...Cheers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tables?  Turned?!  You betchya.  Strap yourself in and watch your 1978 DVD.  The Rings are ours.  And not just Lester's. But the other guys who are "hard for YOU to see wearing a ring" (your direct words, not mine)........andrew,that didn't mean anyone else was hard, just means i'm happy for Lester.... Sabathia or Lester moving forward?  I hope you have a 3 point seat belt!!!!!!!....i'm also happy for Victorino, Gomes and the shotblockers

andrew....first thing...congrats on winning the title..you guys earned it...second..it's not hard for me at all....i was here in 07'....gave you guys props then also....there is no need for you to read into my post..Sox won..Sox deserved to win...props given...Cheers...

Thanks, I agree.  We are Kings of the Decade!!!!!!!!

I am glad you are our ONE remaining yankee fan on these threads!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Andrew is a tool Jete...ignore him.  He doesn't like to play in the sandbox with anybody else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Ortiz AND Lester should have been named co-MVP's of the WS.  While we would not have won if not for Ortiz, the same can be said for Lester IMO.  Lester was awesome as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I remember arguing with Pumpsie earlier in the year when Pumpsie was saying Lester was a 5.

Yep. That happened.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I remember arguing with Pumpsie earlier in the year when Pumpsie was saying Lester was a 5.

Yep. That happened.

a 5?  Well, he's never been a 5.  He started out as a #2 (2008/2009) but regressed down the row but never a 5.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

David Ross is the key to Lester's success this year.

Why do think Salty was on the bench during crunch time?

Ross is the invisible man. The director behind the blockbuster movie. He was calling the shots and elevated Breslow, Tazawa, Koji and Workman to the NEW NASTY BOYS.

Sure, Ortiz gets the MVP, Lester gets the "attaboy!" and Lackey gets the "we sorry for being so mean" trophys....but be real....David Ross is the man. He's like having a coach on the playing field.

If it was up to me , I'd give him the season MVP trophy. Without him our broken , battered, deflated pitching staff blunders through another poor season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

David Ross is the key to Lester's success this year.

Why do think Salty was on the bench during crunch time?

Ross is the invisible man. The director behind the blockbuster movie. He was calling the shots and elevated Breslow, Tazawa, Koji (the shot blockers)and Workman to the NEW NASTY BOYS.

Sure, Ortiz gets the MVP, Lester gets the "attaboy!" and Lackey gets the "we sorry for being so mean" trophys....but be real....David Ross is the man. He's like having a coach on the playing field.

If it was up to me , I'd give him the season MVP trophy. Without him our broken , battered, deflated pitching staff blunders through another poor season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I guess you missed the thread where multiple yankees fans congratulated the sox. 

Great way to respond to a classy congratulations from a yankees fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

I guess you missed the thread where multiple yankees fans congratulated the sox. 

Great way to respond to a classy congratulations from a yankees fan.

A) I said thanks

B)  I agree with him

C) I gave him props for being the only yankee fan remaining on the board

Sections
Shortcuts