Lester: Looked real good! Sounded even better!!! :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Lester: Looked real good! Sounded even better!!! :)

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Lester looked great in his side session. Based on warmups, it's quite clear he's going to win around 20 games. The key is to watch players in warmups. If they look "real good", you know they are going to have a big year.

I think people might be hoping that Lester reverts to his career norms.  Do you think career norms have any bearing on predicting success?

Dunno about career norms, but you should try looking at career median averages.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Lester looked great in his side session. Based on warmups, it's quite clear he's going to win around 20 games. The key is to watch players in warmups. If they look "real good", you know they are going to have a big year.

I think people might be hoping that Lester reverts to his career norms.  Do you think career norms have any bearing on predicting success?

Dunno about career norms, but you should try looking at career median averages.

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Just checking my pulse.....  Do I have one?  Have I been resurrected?  3 - 2 - 1 -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Obviously run support will be his biggest challenge / unknown.  Can the new position players step up & give the SR above par run support?  It will be the difference between Lester winning 14 or 17 - 20.  Defense is the least talked about factor.  We are relatively weak at the corners with Naps & Middlebrooks.  LF & RF could also be an issue??? 

We better score runs!  Not to be negative....   just how I see it.

Really? You think Middlebrooks and Victorino are weak defensively? ... That's interesting. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Obviously run support will be his biggest challenge / unknown.  Can the new position players step up & give the SR above par run support?  It will be the difference between Lester winning 14 or 17 - 20.  Defense is the least talked about factor.  We are relatively weak at the corners with Naps & Middlebrooks.  LF & RF could also be an issue??? 

We better score runs!  Not to be negative....   just how I see it.

Really? You think Middlebrooks and Victorino are weak defensively? ... That's interesting. 

Victorino?  No!  He is fine defensively.  Not great, but he should be good.

Middlebrooks?  Let's just say this....  He's NOT STRONG defensively.  Pretty error prone.  One does not need to watch Middy for long to know this.  He is simply a sub-par 3rd baseman at this time.  Do I think he will be good?  YES!  If he works like Wade Boggs.  He simply needs a lot of work to gain consistency.  I don't think this is even arguable.

Naps?  Love the guy, but he is clearly a sub-par 1st baseman.  Period!  I like his bat.

Gomes?  Please!

Is this unclear?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Having said that, I like this team.  Not great, but really good guys with some grit.  I'm gonna love watching the sox this year!!!   :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

pike is the king of concern trolling.

Would that make you court clown?

Sections
Shortcuts