Lester looking good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Lester looking good

J. Lester has been looking goos this Spring. Today, we saw the JL of old . I am thrilled to see the mechanics flow and the best this guy has reappear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Lester looking good

very very encouraging!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Perfect through 6 today!

WOW!  Looked GREAT!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I would love to see a Sox 1 - 2 going for the Cy Young with Lester & Buch battling it out.

OK....   Big time wishful thinking, but I think it's possible.  If they both pitch to their potential.

I'm loving this year!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

while they are both pitching well so far you can't even talk about Cy Young until A) the season starts and B) we see what the competition looks like.

but, our rotation has looked fantastic so far through ST, if they pitch remotely close to this good over the season then we're definitely headed to the PS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

while they are both pitching well so far you can't even talk about Cy Young until A) the season starts and B) we see what the competition looks like.

but, our rotation has looked fantastic so far through ST, if they pitch remotely close to this good over the season then we're definitely headed to the PS.

LOL!  Oh can't I????

I'm calling it early :)   Why not?

I really think Lester and Buch have as much potential as anybody in the league if healthy.  Might as well make the prediction early.  We're due for a little good health this year!!

Lester is really looking sharp.  Working quickly!  Nasty / filthy stuff early.....  We shall see ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

It's hard not to get excited to see our pitchers doing so well.  They have the talent - they just need to stay healthy and do what they are capable of doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

yes he did and it was a good game to watch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

J. Lester has been looking goos this Spring. Today, we saw the JL of old . I am thrilled to see the mechanics flow and the best this guy has reappear.

Our Ace................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If he gives up one run in the first next start, they'll be 200 posts predicting ruination.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

If he gives up one run in the first next start, they'll be 200 posts predicting ruination.

Yup. I predict at least one poster would demand he be moved in a Blockbustaaaa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Yup. I predict at least one poster would demand he be moved in a Blockbustaaaa.

Hmmm ... now who would that be?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There is nothing more desirable for Sox fans  than  to see Jon Lester fulfill his potential as a big time , top of the rotation starter.  This is critical to our success. .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Last year Lester pitched like a number 3 or 4 starter. I don't know if he can ever be an ace at this point, but I'm glad to be surprised. Right now if he can keep this up he'll be at least a strong 2 and if Buch can do the same we'll have the core of a decent staff. I must say between that and the good hitting of Iggy there is a lot to like right now....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hey Joe,

Lester's body of work over the last few years suggests that when he's right, he's an above average ML starter. I'm pretty sure that if he gives us 33 starts-220 IP with sub 4 ERA Farrel will take that and we'll win more than our share of his games pitched. End of the day it's on him to prove to all that he's ready to get back to the business of getting guys out.

The naysayers that are the doom & gloom club led by Shaunessy and his ilk are always at the ready to find fault and predict the worst...One of the inconvienances of being a Sox fan...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Last year Lester pitched like a number 3 or 4 starter. I don't know if he can ever be an ace at this point, but I'm glad to be surprised. Right now if he can keep this up he'll be at least a strong 2 and if Buch can do the same we'll have the core of a decent staff. I must say between that and the good hitting of Iggy there is a lot to like right now....

He was an "Ace" or a TOTR starter before 2012, so why not? Most people here seem to base his career off of last year and not the 4 years prior.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot to like about this team right now. Even with the injuries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I think what is most impressive so far is the control....very few BBs. That was his downfall last year. He lost control of the zone and when that happened, RH hitters wouldn't chase the pitch down and in, and he needs that to happen to be effective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

I think what is most impressive so far is the control....very few BBs. That was his downfall last year. He lost control of the zone and when that happened, RH hitters wouldn't chase the pitch down and in, and he needs that to happen to be effective.

His mechanics look great this year ike. Hes very compact and not flying open. I could see 20 wins from him this year and be involved in Cy Young talks if he keeps going the way he is. The kid was one of the best LHP/pitchers in MLB before last year. Hes in his prime. I expect big things from Lester this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Alibiike's comment:

His mechanics look great this year ike. Hes very compact and not flying open. I could see 20 wins from him this year and be involved in Cy Young talks if he keeps going the way he is. The kid was one of the best LHP/pitchers in MLB before last year. Hes in his prime. I expect big things from Lester this season.

It'll be interesting to see if he can shake the Slow Start Blues, this year.

His ST work has been very encouraging.

It needs to carry over into April.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Actually, this team has been a pleasant surprise to me this spring. I know the record is still 0-0, but I feel a  little better about the upcoming season than I did a  month ago.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Jon Lester 15-8 with a 3.40 era in 2013. Traded by August or signed to an extention?

The team has an option on him for 2014 for $13 million.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Jon Lester 15-8 with a 3.40 era in 2013. Traded by August or signed to an extention?

The team has an option on him for 2014 for $13 million.

I can't see the Red Sox trading Jon Lester, but hypothetically ...

If the Sox trade Lester during the season, does his potential compensation pick travel with him? Would the Red Sox first need to exercise the 2014 option for the potential 2015 compensation pick to accompany Lester? How early can the Red Sox exercise the 2014 option?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Though I am excited at his ST showing thus far, and confident that he will have a big bounce back year, I will reserve getting too excited until we get through April, Jon Lester's kryptonite.

Sections
Shortcuts