Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

Re: Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken

In Response to Re: Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken:
    [QUOTE]Lester just became a leader.  Good for him.   Now, where the hell is Beckett? 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Think again. All Lester did was essentially admit that he's an immature, befuddled follower who cannot make correct decisions without adult supervision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Regardless of what Schilling, ADG or whomever says, I feel strongly that Lester has done the right thing by telling his side of the story, accepting blame and being committed to coming back with a chip on his shoulder. Now having said that, I will reserve outright positive statements regarding our TEAM until that flag is waving at Fenway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of what Schilling, ADG or whomever says, I feel strongly that Lester has done the right thing by telling his side of the story, accepting blame and being committed to coming back with a chip on his shoulder. Now having said that, I will reserve outright positive statements regarding our TEAM until that flag is waving at Fenway.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hope this is the case as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken : Think again. All Lester did was essentially admit that he's an immature, befuddled follower who cannot make correct decisions without adult supervision.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

In other words, Jon Lester missed the Public Relations 101 class held in the post-season lecture hall.

He has NOT spoken as a leader through this interview.

He has never been an articulate man.

I agree he has appeared to be immature and self-centered. Then again, he is a current professional athlete. To expect more he would need to be coached-up by the Red Sox PR department...which is making that term "public relations" appear to be a foreign topic on Yawkey Way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken : Stop making excuses for these guys. That's what's wrong with them, no one has held them accountable. Now they are being held accountable. That's the way you affect change in people. Stop idolizing them like a teenage girl idolozes Justin Beiber and hold them accountable. It will only get you a better product on the field.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

The moniker that you chose for yourself  "Green Apple Splatters" gives your act away. You indeed are here to slatter verbal diarrhea. Were you also GickChum from a few years back. At least with a moniker like that your reputation will precede the garbage that you type out. You are a troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Verball Diarrhea / Green Apple Splatters sounds like Yazzer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Hey, who cares is players who aren't in the game eat during it?
    Alcohol is another story and that's on Tito. There should have been none until the 27th out. I'm glad Lester had the courage to make a statement, although he kind of dance around the issue a bit.
    The real issue appears to be in his comment about the structure, and I've been saying all along that this team lacks any discipline, and are left to their own devices.
    This clearly indicates that Francona failed miserably as a leader. A good leader, sets the example, commands respect, and expects his people to perform to level they are capable of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]ADG ...stop your guessing, because you are creating rumors based on absolutley nothing, you are worse than the sportwriters.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Does logic tell you that they would only be there in the 9th inning? I can create whatever rumor I want. More and more will come out.

Even Lester said:

I should have been on the bench more than I was.

What they did was awful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken : The moniker that you chose for yourself  "Green Apple Splatters" gives your act away. You indeed are here to slatter verbal diarrhea. Were you also GickChum from a few years back. At least with a moniker like that your reputation will precede the garbage that you type out. You are a troll.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Yup, here we go. Just as I predicted. As usual the pink hatted rumpswabs come out and try to shout down any and everyone who criticizes anything about this team. Like i say, tub thumpers like you are every bit as responsible for the current state of this team because you don't just root for these guys, like intelligent discerning fans--you idolize them instead. You are what we call 'groupies' not fans. You're just like the giddy little teen-age girls who know nothing about music but who scream at the sight of Justin Beiber. Sorry, but if the shoe fits. LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]really?? ordering chicken from popeye's during the game???? and this admission wasnt supposed to reflect badly on Lester or the team???? LOLOLOL seriously, where is Mr. Hand when you need him? what a zoo that clubhouse must've been....disgusting i guess the huge gourmet spread after each game wasnt enough for our fatmen.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Mr Hand, if you're here and I'm here doesn't that make it OUR time?!???

I have said this before and got bashed but once again, feel vindicated - Jon Lester has a lot of growing up to do and until he does, will never be an ace nor a big game pitcher.

I am thinking maybe Don Baylor would be a great candidate for the next manager's job?  And you know what?  I think Dan Duquette would have been a great GM if he had Theo's budget - too bad the job went to one of Theo's cronnies.

PS - DO NOT MESS WITH SCHILLING - THE ONLY RED SOX STARTER OUTSIDE OF ERNIE SHORE AND DUTCH LEONARD TO WIN WORLD SERIES GAMES FOR TWO DIFFERENT SOX CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

GREEN APPLE SPLATTERS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]GREEN APPLE SPLATTERS

Pretty classy. Do your parents know you're on here posting when you have homework to do?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Based on a lot of the posts on this and other threads, I don't blame the players, owners, etc. for not talking.

They don't talk, they get ripped for not stepping up.

They talk and they're called liars.

Henry was right -- it really doesn't matter what anyone says because people are going to spin it to suit their preconcieved predjudices.

Lester sounded straightforward, but who really knows? I'd like to hear from all of them, but in the end, I'm more interested in what happens going forward. Just because people make mistakes, it doesn't mean they're the scum of the earth and just because people make mistakes, it doesn't mean they can't learn from their mistakes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

This is on the whole team.  Sitting on the bench during a game is showing respect and support for the team.  Drinking beer in the clubhouse is disrespectful to the team, and, if the team (captain, manager, owner, clubhouse leaders) accepts this, then they are no longer a team, and are just a bunch of guys collecting a paycheck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]Based on a lot of the posts on this and other threads, I don't blame the players, owners, etc. for not talking. They don't talk, they get ripped for not stepping up. They talk and they're called liars. Henry was right -- it really doesn't matter what anyone says because people are going to spin it to suit their preconcieved predjudices. Lester sounded straightforward, but who really knows? I'd like to hear from all of them, but in the end, I'm more interested in what happens going forward. Just because people make mistakes, it doesn't mean they're the scum of the earth and just because people make mistakes, it doesn't mean they can't learn from their mistakes.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Learn from their mistakes? Apparently you missed the interview with Bekcett's former manager Jack McKeon when he was with the Marlins, who said he had the exact same problem with Josh back in 2003. And who says he told Josh on many occasions that this type of behavior was unacceptable. So much from "learning from his mistakes."

One thing looks certain. If Beckett is back, I think we'd all better resign ourselves to the fact that he is not going to change anything. If owenrship can live with that, then we'll have to as well. But make no mistake, Beckett will neither apologize for, nor change anything. This much we know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Greenapplesplatters and ADG are fairweather fans.

If they are fans at all.

Greenapplesplatters tells me to stop "idolizing" these guys.

Now that the team has failed I guess we are all supposed to jump off the bandwagon along with these whiney scum.

I know the team preformed badly in September, I am not digging through the rumor mill for excuses, nor am I jumping to another team , nor am I going to crucify every member of the team. Lester was a hero in 2007. We should forget all that because he pitched poorly in 2011's final month....throw away his whole Red Sox career because of a bad month? Quit on him because he eats chicken instead of sitting on the bench with his teammates? He admits he feels bad about it, isn't this enough?

ADG says, "I can create any rumor , I want."

So he has just lost any credibility he thought he might have. If creating rumors is your desire, have fun with it.

Obviously, fairweather fans. Have either of you jumped off the Bruins wagon yet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Greenapplesplatters and ADG are fairweather fans. If they are fans at all. Greenapplesplatters tells me to stop "idolizing" these guys. Now that the team has failed I guess we are all supposed to jump off the bandwagon along with these whiney scum. I know the team preformed badly in September, I am not digging through the rumor mill for excuses, nor am I jumping to another team , nor am I going to crucify every member of the team. Lester was a hero in 2007. We should forget all that because he pitched poorly in 2011's final month....throw away his whole Red Sox career because of a bad month? Quit on him because he eats chicken instead of sitting on the bench with his teammates? He admits he feels bad about it, isn't this enough? ADG says, "I can create any rumor , I want." So he has just lost any credibility he thought he might have. If creating rumors is your desire, have fun with it. Obviously, fairweather fans. Have either of you jumped off the Bruins wagon yet?

Z -- great post. I know we don't always agree -- but we probably agree more than not -- but I know we can always have a great discussion. 

Very classy post as usual. You've had a lot in this post-Apocolpyse (sp?).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What concerns me is that Theo's biggest contracts are/were in fact busts

Crawful

Lackey

Nancy Boy

Kick the Beckett

and that makes me very concerned about his biggest one in Adrian Gonzalez for the next 7 years, beginning in 2012, the first  year of the new contract.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]Greenapplesplatters and ADG are fairweather fans. If they are fans at all. Greenapplesplatters tells me to stop "idolizing" these guys. Now that the team has failed I guess we are all supposed to jump off the bandwagon along with these whiney scum. I know the team preformed badly in September, I am not digging through the rumor mill for excuses, nor am I jumping to another team , nor am I going to crucify every member of the team. Lester was a hero in 2007. We should forget all that because he pitched poorly in 2011's final month....throw away his whole Red Sox career because of a bad month? Quit on him because he eats chicken instead of sitting on the bench with his teammates? He admits he feels bad about it, isn't this enough? ADG says, "I can create any rumor , I want." So he has just lost any credibility he thought he might have. If creating rumors is your desire, have fun with it. Obviously, fairweather fans. Have either of you jumped off the Bruins wagon yet?

There's a big difference between ReD Sox 'groupies' like yourself, and Red sox 'fans' like me. As a good loyal 'fan' it's my responsibility to intelligently disect and analyze each situation on its own merit. As a 'groupie' you just genuflect, cry and scream like teenage girls at a Justin Beiber concert at the mere mention of their names. It's a vast difference. And it's you rumpswabs who enable these guys with your idol worship. Try holding them accountable for once and I guarantee you we'll see a better product.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]GREEN APPLES SPLATTERS  / ORAL DIARRHEA

Another 'groupie' heard from.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]What concerns me is that Theo's biggest contracts are/were in fact busts Crawful Lackey Nancy Boy Kick the Beckett and that makes me very concerned about his biggest one in Adrian Gonzalez for the next 7 years, beginning in 2012, the first  year of the new contract.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Cute nicknames but how did Beckett get on your list?

His starts after he injured his ankle? Please take a look at the aggregate results from 2011 and tell me how the first year of this extension was a bust?

He was 4th in the league in WHIP, 5th in ERA while being iin the bottom half in run support.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

At least there was no strippers pole!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]What concerns me is that Theo's biggest contracts are/were in fact busts Crawful Lackey Nancy Boy Kick the Beckett and that makes me very concerned about his biggest one in Adrian Gonzalez for the next 7 years, beginning in 2012, the first  year of the new contract.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Do you share a computer with Yazzer and Babe. Didn't they pen those nicknames and giggle about them. I thought that you were older.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester speaks out about Beer and chicken : Cute nicknames but how did Beckett get on your list? His starts after he injured his ankle? Please take a look at the aggregate results from 2011 and tell me how the first year of this extension was a bust? He was 4th in the league in WHIP, 5th in ERA while being iin the bottom half in run support.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

He was ripping Beckett all of last year and is one of those who are in denial that Beckett had a good year in 2009 when he was 17-6 with a 3.86 ERA.

25. This post has been removed.