Lester, the new Beckett?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Lester, the new Beckett?

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

i love the way bootlickers cry that he is being taken out of context...thats such a shameless phony excuse that it embarrasses me that someone on this board would actually even say it...Space at last mans up and says it was Lester's  goof....

having said that i will also say Lester is the only one in 2012 who apologized for Sept. shenanigans....

i look forwARD to his return to form under JF as manager

I'm not saying the comments you quoted were taken out of context.  The quotes were accurate.  But I'm saying that in the same interview he went on to talk about how motivated he is to have a strong 2013 and to show that 2012 wasn't who he really is.  So I think that should be taken into consideration too.  He wasn't just whining in the interview, he also said some of the things we would want him to say.

but conveniently, geo left those parts out..

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

i love the way bootlickers cry that he is being taken out of context...thats such a shameless phony excuse that it embarrasses me that someone on this board would actually even say it...Space at last mans up and says it was Lester's  goof....

having said that i will also say Lester is the only one in 2012 who apologized for Sept. shenanigans....

But then who will you judge from on high?

it's sweet that you want to protect Jon from us mean fans Space, honestly it is - I'm sure Lester, who has earned 20 million dollars as  a sox player before age 30 is appreciative of your protection and support to whitewash his faults and deflect from his failings....as you know, society can only be improved by folks willing to ignore their problems and denying facts...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

it's sweet that you want to protect Jon from us mean fans Space, honestly it is - I'm sure Lester, who has earned 20 million dollars as  a sox player before age 30 is appreciative of your protection and support to whitewash his faults and deflect from his failings....as you know, society can only be improved by folks willing to ignore their problems and denying facts...

You're all about improving society?? LOL

That's the funniest thing I've read all day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

not I,  I want to destroy the Sox - I hate them....havent you heard?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

not I,  I want to destroy the Sox - I hate them....havent you heard?

Good to see you at least coming to terms with yourself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

georom, the new softlaw?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think frustration got the best of him. Lets see if Farrell has a sit downwith himand maybe Pedro say a few inspiring words as well...

I can understand his frustration with People saying hes a #2 or #3, when in reality hes a TOTR starter. Not "elite" or an "Ace", but still has TOTR numbers minus 2012 and sept. 2011.

I certainly dont like his version of what an Ace is. If what he believes is true, then Ryan Dempster is an "Ace"...Which hes obviously not. That was the only remark I didnt like for JL.

He certainly seems bitter and thats not going to help him on the mound. A slight attitude adjustment is probably needed...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

georom, the new softlaw?

Softlaw sounds like an OCD victim, but he definitely knows BB.  Geo, not so very much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Bottom line...  As I've said before...  Lester needs to shut up & pitch like the #1 we keep hoping he will be.

For the record.  I think he will do that this year!

I don't understand why people care what players say.

Spot on.

Geo has a vesceral hatred of the RS, which is why he wants to bash as many players as possible.

Other than that, I almost never read anything the players say.  Occasionally, you'll get intellectuals like Pedro or Seaver in an interview that will be interesting, but the daily sayings of each and every player?  Why would anyone listen to that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Bottom line...  As I've said before...  Lester needs to shut up & pitch like the #1 we keep hoping he will be.

Spot on.

Geo has a vesceral hatred of the RS, which is why he wants to bash as many players as possible.

Other than that, I almost never read anything the players say.  Occasionally, you'll get intellectuals like Pedro or Seaver in an interview that will be interesting, but the daily sayings of each and every player?  Why would anyone listen to that?

softy bashes more Sox players than geo. geo is more targeted and likes to focus on a very select few to place all or most of the blame on. softy spreads the bashing around to a point where it seems like only a handful of Sox players might escape the bashing treatment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I still wish Boston got McCarthy or Marcum.  I know both of them have been dealing with injuries but even if both of them made only 20 starts, it's still a bargain (considering how much the Mets paid Marcum and Arizona paid McCarthy).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I still wish Boston got McCarthy or Marcum.  I know both of them have been dealing with injuries but even if both of them made only 20 starts, it's still a bargain (considering how much the Mets paid Marcum and Arizona paid McCarthy).

I agree 100%. We can never have too much pitching, and if ever we feel like we do, trading one when there are desperate teams in July is easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mea culpa! Not sure where I what I was looking at, but Lester did not start pitching poorly in 2011 until September. Still, its a long time since he really has done his job, at least a full year.

He did seem to begin to turn things around in August & Spetember of 2012. So, his "bad streak" was only about 5 months long: Sept of 2011 tom July of 2012.

His June of 2012 was not too bad either  (2-1  4.01  1.277), so he actually finished up 2012 with 3 out of 4 decent (not great) months.

Let's hope he continues getting back to form, but his loss of velocity is discouraging, since it rarely returns.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Spot on.

Hahaha.  Thanks for the good laugh Joe, and I do not mean that in a snide way.  I have always loved hearing Pedro talk, but this is the first time I have ever heard him referred to as an intellectual.  

But now that I think of it, and in all seriousness, i thought his The Yankees are My Daddy comment was profound.  It was an existential cleansing that allowed for the metaphysical breakthrough of an entire team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Spot on.

why would anyone watch a drama/ soap opera on tv

it's not always so much about what was said

as in this case  it's about what's he thinking

what's his frame of mind

there's a legit debate on whether U would

rather he be thinking / saying  that he had a bad yr

and has to work on etc etc

or is this his way of building his own confidence

that said

he was  1 of the best at saying the right things last ST

and we all know how that worked out

personally I'm curious 2C if

now that that he clearly wants 2 B an agent

does he still want 2 B an umpire ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Spot on.

why would anyone watch a drama/ soap opera on tv

it's not always so much about what was said

as in this case  it's about what's he thinking

what's his frame of mind

there's a legit debate on whether U would

rather he be thinking / saying  that he had a bad yr

and has to work on etc etc

or is this his way of building his own confidence

that said

he was  1 of the best at saying the right things last ST

and we all know how that worked out

personally I'm curious 2C if

now that that he clearly wants 2 B an agent

does he still want 2 B an umpire ;-)

If I learned one thing from rotissirie BB, it is to ignore everything that every single player says.  Everyone is in the BSOTL, everyone is focused, everyone spent the off-season ensconced in a cabin in the woods, in the middle of nowhere, working out three times a day.

In my entire life, the only thing that anyone ever said that made any sense was in 2007, when Schilling said that,whoever got the most starts from their regular rotation, would win.

Has anyone ever said they weren't recovered from last year's injury?

Has anyone ever said 'we stink and can't win'?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I agree that players should not be seen as articulate leaders - but common sense is another thing...what lester said was dumb and best left unsaid....especially after his last season

my buddy at work is abso convinced that Lester wins at least 15 this season...

I say Clay tops it for sox starters at 14...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I agree that players should not be seen as articulate leaders - but common sense is another thing...what lester said was dumb and best left unsaid....especially after his last season

my buddy at work is abso convinced that Lester wins at least 15 this season...

I say Clay tops it for sox starters at 14...

i think our lights out BP is going to result in less NDs for our starters and more wins. not that there is much merit to it, but i think we have an 18 game winner this year.

as to who that is, i have no clue, hard to project wins since they rely on so many outside factors. which is why that stat itself is trash.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Josh Beckett enjoyed his time in Boston, according to today's report from Richard Justice of MLB.com:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130213&content_id=41605234&vkey=news_la&c_id=la

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lester came back yesterday and redeemed himself with his press conference.

Just like i thought. Just very frustrated and didnt articulate himself well.

I think Lester and Lackey will be our top pitchers this year.

Yeah, I said lackey...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say........ "SON, maybe you should dust off the FAT-CAT-BARRRRSTAD label" !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Josh Beckett enjoyed his time in Boston...

Hill, you are just setting up geo with this one...

(LOL)

;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say........ "SON, maybe you should dust off the FAT-CAT-BARRRRSTAD label" !!!

i thought in order to be a fat cat you had to be making an exorbitant amount of money? Lester makes a reasonable salary.

or is a fat cat anyone you don't like?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

i thought in order to be a fat cat you had to be making an exorbitant amount of money? Lester makes a reasonable salary.

or is a fat cat anyone you don't like?

No, that's a "lib/rad/soc."

Sections
Shortcuts