Lester, the new Beckett?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Lester, the new Beckett?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Bottom line...  As I've said before...  Lester needs to shut up & pitch like the #1 we keep hoping he will be.

For the record.  I think he will do that this year!

I don't understand why people care what players say.

Spot on.

Geo has a vesceral hatred of the RS, which is why he wants to bash as many players as possible.

Other than that, I almost never read anything the players say.  Occasionally, you'll get intellectuals like Pedro or Seaver in an interview that will be interesting, but the daily sayings of each and every player?  Why would anyone listen to that?

Hahaha.  Thanks for the good laugh Joe, and I do not mean that in a snide way.  I have always loved hearing Pedro talk, but this is the first time I have ever heard him referred to as an intellectual.  

But now that I think of it, and in all seriousness, i thought his The Yankees are My Daddy comment was profound.  It was an existential cleansing that allowed for the metaphysical breakthrough of an entire team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Bottom line...  As I've said before...  Lester needs to shut up & pitch like the #1 we keep hoping he will be.

Spot on.

Geo has a vesceral hatred of the RS, which is why he wants to bash as many players as possible.

Other than that, I almost never read anything the players say.  Occasionally, you'll get intellectuals like Pedro or Seaver in an interview that will be interesting, but the daily sayings of each and every player?  Why would anyone listen to that?

why would anyone watch a drama/ soap opera on tv

it's not always so much about what was said

as in this case  it's about what's he thinking

what's his frame of mind

there's a legit debate on whether U would

rather he be thinking / saying  that he had a bad yr

and has to work on etc etc

or is this his way of building his own confidence

that said

he was  1 of the best at saying the right things last ST

and we all know how that worked out

personally I'm curious 2C if

now that that he clearly wants 2 B an agent

does he still want 2 B an umpire ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Spot on.

why would anyone watch a drama/ soap opera on tv

it's not always so much about what was said

as in this case  it's about what's he thinking

what's his frame of mind

there's a legit debate on whether U would

rather he be thinking / saying  that he had a bad yr

and has to work on etc etc

or is this his way of building his own confidence

that said

he was  1 of the best at saying the right things last ST

and we all know how that worked out

personally I'm curious 2C if

now that that he clearly wants 2 B an agent

does he still want 2 B an umpire ;-)

If I learned one thing from rotissirie BB, it is to ignore everything that every single player says.  Everyone is in the BSOTL, everyone is focused, everyone spent the off-season ensconced in a cabin in the woods, in the middle of nowhere, working out three times a day.

In my entire life, the only thing that anyone ever said that made any sense was in 2007, when Schilling said that,whoever got the most starts from their regular rotation, would win.

Has anyone ever said they weren't recovered from last year's injury?

Has anyone ever said 'we stink and can't win'?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I agree that players should not be seen as articulate leaders - but common sense is another thing...what lester said was dumb and best left unsaid....especially after his last season

my buddy at work is abso convinced that Lester wins at least 15 this season...

I say Clay tops it for sox starters at 14...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I agree that players should not be seen as articulate leaders - but common sense is another thing...what lester said was dumb and best left unsaid....especially after his last season

my buddy at work is abso convinced that Lester wins at least 15 this season...

I say Clay tops it for sox starters at 14...

i think our lights out BP is going to result in less NDs for our starters and more wins. not that there is much merit to it, but i think we have an 18 game winner this year.

as to who that is, i have no clue, hard to project wins since they rely on so many outside factors. which is why that stat itself is trash.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Josh Beckett enjoyed his time in Boston, according to today's report from Richard Justice of MLB.com:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130213&content_id=41605234&vkey=news_la&c_id=la

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lester came back yesterday and redeemed himself with his press conference.

Just like i thought. Just very frustrated and didnt articulate himself well.

I think Lester and Lackey will be our top pitchers this year.

Yeah, I said lackey...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say........ "SON, maybe you should dust off the FAT-CAT-BARRRRSTAD label" !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Josh Beckett enjoyed his time in Boston...

Hill, you are just setting up geo with this one...

(LOL)

;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say........ "SON, maybe you should dust off the FAT-CAT-BARRRRSTAD label" !!!

i thought in order to be a fat cat you had to be making an exorbitant amount of money? Lester makes a reasonable salary.

or is a fat cat anyone you don't like?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

i thought in order to be a fat cat you had to be making an exorbitant amount of money? Lester makes a reasonable salary.

or is a fat cat anyone you don't like?

No, that's a "lib/rad/soc."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Georom, care to comment on Lester's interview yesterday in which he, in no uncertain terms, took responsibility for last year and vowed to make it right?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cue: sound of crickets

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Georom, care to comment on Lester's interview yesterday in which he, in no uncertain terms, took responsibility for last year and vowed to make it right?  

There is no doubt that his heart is in the right place (with his mouth occasionally getting in the way). The question is: is he capable of righting the ship? He has lost velocity on his four seam fastball; thats a fact. Its also a fact that most pitchers who lose velocity, if its not due to an injury, do not regain it. I do not think he has the ability to become a #2 SP again-more like a #3-4. As long as he busts his butt out there, does not complain or glare in at the umpires like they owe him called strikes, and carries himself in a professional manner, thats all we can reasonably expect from him. His results will then reflect his ability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Im a bit confused Space - if it were no big deal like you said the other day, why the mea culpa? looks like Farrell slapped him upright...good for him....but this was DAMAGE CONTROL...a savvy guy like you knows that...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i wonder if JF gives headslaps like Agent Gibbs from NCIS?? that would be funny to see lol

Sections
Shortcuts