Lester To Seattle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Lester To Seattle?

I would love to have Lester back with Boston. But that does not seem real to happen. How about dealing him to Seattle and this winter sign Jordan Zimmerman from Nationals, who is a free agent to be?

Mariners have pressure on them to win now and they are in the playoff race.

Lester to Seattle for a package of James Paxton (LHP) and this kid could turn out to be a future Lester), 3b prospect D.J. Peterson and pitching prospect Edwin Diaz (RHP)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Lester To Seattle?

It would be nice if BenC could develop a little competition for Lester's services.

Perhaps it would work if Lester or Lackey would like to play on the West Coast where there are some potential Wild Card and 1st place teams. Seattle would be as good a trade partner as the Dodgers and Giants or A's and Angels. Time is of the essence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would be nice if BenC could develop a little competition for Lester's services.

Perhaps it would work if Lester or Lackey would like to play on the West Coast where there are some potential Wild Card and 1st place teams. Seattle would be as good a trade partner as the Dodgers and Giants or A's and Angels. Time is of the essence.

[/QUOTE]

Of all the trade rumors with LA and etc. I think this suggested deal to Seattle is the best deal for Boston.  Why? Cause we would get Paxton in return and this kid is 6'4", and throws hard. Of all the rumors this kid has the stuff to pitch now and be a future Lester.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Didn't Paxton just reinjure his shoulder? Hill where are you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Didn't Paxton just reinjure his shoulder? Hill where are you?

Paxton is to return to  the Seattle rotation on August 2nd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I would love to have Lester back with Boston. But that does not seem real to happen. How about dealing him to Seattle and this winter sign Jordan Zimmerman from Nationals, who is a free agent to be?

He's not a FA...

Jordan Zimmermann rhp

re-signed by Washington 1/17/14 (avoided arbitration)
    14:$7.5M, 15:$16.5M

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's not a FA...

Jordan Zimmermann rhp

re-signed by Washington 1/17/14 (avoided arbitration)
    14:$7.5M, 15:$16.5M

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I was reading some where he a free agent this winter Jordan ZImmerman. Still I like this deal with Mariners cause we getting Paxton who could very well be another Lester. The stuff is there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Mariners would have to be pretty stupid to trade one of their top pitching prospects for a 3 month rental.And with the cano and felix  contracts adding another $25 million a year multi year contract ain't happening so it would just be a 3 month rental.They ain't catching the a's or angels and are behind the jay's for the second wildcard now.....price of paxton is much too high for just a decent shot at a wildcard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to iamme17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mariners would have to be pretty stupid to trade one of their top pitching prospects for a 3 month rental.And with the cano and felix  contracts adding another $25 million a year multi year contract ain't happening so it would just be a 3 month rental.They ain't catching the a's or angels and are behind the jay's for the second wildcard now.....price of paxton is much too high for just a decent shot at a wildcard.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed if I ran the Mariners. But they are under pressure to win now and may do this deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nick Cafardo
    ‏@nickcafardo
    A Dodgers source indicated there are no major talks going on between Red Sox and Dodgers at this time involving Jon Lester or Matt Kemp.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

People we need hitting, not another pitcher who is unproven in the Major Leagues. As far as a hitter, I do not want to trade Lester for a washed up Kemp either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People we need hitting, not another pitcher who is unproven in the Major Leagues. As far as a hitter, I do not want to trade Lester for a washed up Kemp either.

[/QUOTE]

Paxton is a good ace in the making. You load up on good young arms and deal for a missing bat as you build around some young arms and guys like Xander and Betts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Lester is from the Seattle area and might be enticed to re-sign there if the Mariners trade for him. I would not rule out the Mariners.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would not need Paxson I would be happy with Lester and a good prospect for Hisashi Iwakuma who is a pretty solid veteran starter in his own right. Age 30-31. Include Ue or Miller, Doubie and Carp and send an OF prospect or Smoak our way.

If The Mariners still are Living the Dream and they want to pursuit Lester I would take a guy whose Whip in three years is around 1100 and who wins. He's also under team control for three more years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would not need Paxson I would be happy with Lester and a good prospect for Hisashi Iwakuma who is a pretty solid veteran starter in his own right. Age 30-31. Include Ue or Miller, Doubie and Carp and send an OF prospect or Smoak our way.

If The Mariners still are Living the Dream and they want to pursuit Lester I would take a guy whose Whip in three years is around 1100 and who wins. He's also under team control for three more years.

[/QUOTE]

MadMack- Lester and a prospect for Hisashi Iwakuma? I would fire your a** in less than a second!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lester is gone unless Ben C decides the offer isn't good enough.  I doubt Seattle is the place he goes to. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Waiting for Hill to check in with the news that the Mariner's have three minor leaguers who are better than Lester.

Stabbed by Foulke.