Lester vs Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Lester vs Price

We may be catching Price at an opportune time.  He has allowed an uncharacteristic 8 HR already.  However, if he reverts to form - he certainly is due, and given the lack of clutch hitting from RS, our team could continue the downward spiral tonight.  Here's hoping Lester pitches another shutout!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Lester vs Price

Well, if the Sox maintain their current offensive profile, Price won't need to summon his old self.  His current scuffling form will suffice.  I have confidence Lester will hold 'em down.  I can only hope the bats get the mojo working again.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Well, if the Sox maintain their current offensive profile, Price won't need to summon his old self.  His current scuffling form will suffice.  I have confidence Lester will hold 'em down.  I can only hope the bats get the mojo working again.    

Yup.

It'd be nice if the offense could jump on Price early, like Ortiz did to Moore.

But, they haven't shown an ability to do that lately.

One or two guys can't do it all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, if the Sox maintain their current offensive profile, Price won't need to summon his old self.  His

Space, I'm begining to think  If Nava doesn't play we cant win. Our 6-9 in the lineup last night was bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Gomes made a nice catch last night, but he is horrible at the plate.  Play Nava every darn day.  Kick Ellsbury and Middlebrooks in the keester.  Cafardo says bat Pedroia 2d, which means Victorino leading off, and that kind of makes sense for now.  Let Ellsbury join Middlebrooks in the leper colony. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Gomes made a nice catch last night, but he is horrible at the plate.  Play Nava every darn day.  Kick Ellsbury and Middlebrooks in the keester.  Cafardo says bat Pedroia 2d, which means Victorino leading off, and that kind of makes sense for now.  Let Ellsbury join Middlebrooks in the leper colony. 

I would say, at this point, Nava has earned the everyday role.  What hasn't he done?  And, what hasn't he improved on?  At the beginning of the year, based on his last couple years, it was reasonable to call his defense suspect.  But he has been more than adequate.  In fact, he has been down right solid, with some great plays salted in.  At the plate, he has shown no weaknesses, only the savvy of an accomplished veteran.  Add to the that the intangible of his knack for the dramatic moment and somewhat ephemoral "clutch" aspect, and you have your starting Red Sox left-fielder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is about as much of a must win as you can have in may. Win tonight, and force a rubber game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Agree today's game is very important.  If we cannot get a win with our top two pitchers, we have no hope as we have seen over the last two weeks.  

We have a black hole at the bottom of the order and the power guys are not consistent.  A reshuffling is called for -  Victorino and Pedroia at 1-2; followed by Ortiz, Napoli, Nava; then Salty, Middlebrooks, Ellsbury, Drew.  As maxbialystock points out, a few of the hitters need a good spanking to wake them up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

Agree today's game is very important.  If we cannot get a win with our top two pitchers, we have no hope as we have seen over the last two weeks.  

We have a black hole at the bottom of the order and the power guys are not consistent.  A reshuffling is called for -  Victorino and Pedroia at 1-2; followed by Ortiz, Napoli, Nava; then Salty, Middlebrooks, Ellsbury, Drew.  As maxbialystock points out, a few of the hitters need a good spanking to wake them up!

Only one top pitcher, Lester. Doubie is scheduled for tomorrow.

Drew has been very consistent as of late and Salty has hit very well this year. Drew did get a double last night. Ells, Naps, and Middy need to become more consistent. I think those 3 are the main focus, for me anyway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My son is in his 40's and only played 1B in high school, but he's a lefty, and that's about all it takes these days to shut down the Sox.  If Price gets tired tonight, look for Abe Bialystock to go in there for the Rays. 

Last night, FWIW, the Sox had three hits against the lefty starter and first reliever--by Pedroia, Ortiz, and Drew.  That means the six righty hitters came up with 1 hit, a fluky double that hit 3B before Longoria could gobble it up and throw Pedroia out.  Ortiz hit a dinger and Drew a double off the wall in RF. 

In other words, never underestimate the ability of our righty hitters to abase themselves before a lefty starter. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Price is toast. Sox will win tonight

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

If Lester holds the Rays to two runs or less we have a shot. If not, Price wins. We all know it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

This could turn out to be the most accurate prediction on the thread..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

If Lester holds the Rays to two runs or less we have a shot. If not, Price wins. We all know it.

If Lester holds the Rays to seven runs or less, we have a shot.Innocent

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Price hasn't been right all year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

That's what I've been hearing...I was also surprised to hear he hasn't won at home since last July..?? That seems hard to believe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Baseball is a crazy game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

You nailed it.