Lester

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Lester

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It's got nothing to do with Lester making adjustments.

I traded him off my fantasy team.

You can thank me at the end of the season. Wink

LOL FourBs.

This is why I don't have any Red Sox players on my fantasy team. The second they're on my team, they're doomed! LOL

It's also the reason why I try to get Yankees players on my team. Anyone wonder why CC is struggling this year? I really need to get a hold of Cano....

Seriously though, Lester looked good last night. If I'm not mistaken, none of his Ks came by the way of his cutter. Encouraging. 

I believe he will turn it around also.  As Southpaw said, patience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lester has changed his pitching approach and its very noticeable with his pitch selection. Hes laid off the cutter on 0-2 counts and has used his great change up as well as his curve, which has been working better for him as of late. Farrell also mentioned throwing a different cutter without so much bite on it to make it more controllable.

3 of the last 4 games have been quality starts, with last nights game being the best of the last 4. Hes making the adjustments and is trending in the right direction. Long way to go, but its encouraging to see him do whatever he needs to do to become successful again. So much for being stubborn and channeling his inner Beckett...Id just say that some here have absolutely no patience. I still believe he will turn things around. IMHO, Hes too talented not to.

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2013/07/red-sox-6-rays-2-lester-keeps-boston-in-first.html

[/QUOTE]

HA!!!    So thats what really happened...Tongue Out 

Heres another good article...

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2013/07/24/while-sox-lock-dustin-pedroia-future-can-wait-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lester has changed his pitching approach and its very noticeable with his pitch selection. Hes laid off the cutter on 0-2 counts and has used his great change up as well as his curve, which has been working better for him as of late. Farrell also mentioned throwing a different cutter without so much bite on it to make it more controllable.

3 of the last 4 games have been quality starts, with last nights game being the best of the last 4. Hes making the adjustments and is trending in the right direction. Long way to go, but its encouraging to see him do whatever he needs to do to become successful again. So much for being stubborn and channeling his inner Beckett...Id just say that some here have absolutely no patience. I still believe he will turn things around. IMHO, Hes too talented not to.

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2013/07/red-sox-6-rays-2-lester-keeps-boston-in-first.html

[/QUOTE]

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2013/07/24/while-sox-lock-dustin-pedroia-future-can-wait-

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, SP.

Speier is one of the few Boston writers that I don't want to slap on a regular basis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, SP.

Speier is one of the few Boston writers that I don't want to slap on a regular basis.

[/QUOTE]

Listening to him and Merloni right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Thanks for the link, SP.

Listening to him and Merloni right now.

Same here.

I liked his idea of trying to find a Paul Byrd-type of starter, for depth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

LOL FourBs.

This is why I don't have any Red Sox players on my fantasy team. The second they're on my team, they're doomed! LOL

It's also the reason why I try to get Yankees players on my team. Anyone wonder why CC is struggling this year? I really need to get a hold of Cano....

Seriously though, Lester looked good last night. If I'm not mistaken, none of his Ks came by the way of his cutter. Encouraging. 

I believe he will turn it around also.  As Southpaw said, patience.

[/QUOTE]

You definitely need to get Cano on your team!

CC is a mess! LOL

I have more patience for the Sox, than I do my FB team. Wink

I agree with you and SP, Lester has the talent to turn his season around.

He's getting there.

Sections
Shortcuts