Lester's Amazing Game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Lester's Amazing Game

Uehara is so automatic that i didn't mind  Lester wasn't given a chance to finish the 8th.

flashback to 1986 and remember what a great game Bruce Hurst pitched in Game 5.fortunately for the Red Sox in 2013,they have a bullpen and are coming home .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Kim indeed. I had asserted earlier this year Lester wasn't an ace, mostly because he was too affected mentally by setbacks during games. 

He's moved beyond that now and is looking like a true ace. 

And not pitching the full game, he might be available in a game 7 save situation. 

A tip of the cap to Lester, and WHAT A GREAT WIN

GO SOX

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Its the type of performance that can define a pitcher. He might go on a run for the next 4-5 years. A dominant one. I was so impressed with his outing tonight, when it mattered most. Up 3-2 is better than down 3-2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 17m

Dempster on Lester: "How many times can you throw the best game of your life?"

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

1h

In 3 career World Series starts, Jon Lester has thrown 21 innings and allowed 1 run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I've been saying since the start of the year Lester is the best pitcher in baseball, and he'd prove it if the idiots behind the catcher ever got over the fact he made faces at them when they made bad calls. 
    Those idiots did everything they could to try and ruin the guy. It was one of the most disgusting and petty things I've ever seen in sports. How he didn't completely go to pieces I have no idea. The guy is nails, and he's proving it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He's a stud. That is some cutter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A lot of people have insisted Lester is not an ace, because he does not fit into some illusion of an ace they have.  An ace does this, or an ace does that.

He's an ace.  End of argument..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of people have insisted Lester is not an ace, because he does not fit into some illusion of an ace they have.  An ace does this, or an ace does that.

[/QUOTE]

No argument here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Ace, King , Deuce . do people really worry about such things ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

big game pitchers, pitch big, in big games...Tonight Jon pitched big

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not just ace, Fat Cat Ace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not just ace, Fat Cat Ace.

[/QUOTE]

He owes it all to his mentor, Beckett.

(LOL)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think I saw that Lester now has a 2.11 career WS ERA.

WOW!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uehara is so automatic that i didn't mind  Lester wasn't given a chance to finish the 8th.

flashback to 1986 and remember what a great game Bruce Hurst pitched in Game 5.fortunately for the Red Sox in 2013,they have a bullpen and are coming home .

[/QUOTE]

Bruce Hurst was da man! (not clem).  Calvin Schiraldi, well, the less said the better.  But . . . must you bring up 86???!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bruce Hurst was da man! (not clem).  Calvin Schiraldi, well, the less said the better.  But . . . must you bring up 86???!!!

[/QUOTE]

just comparing the past with the present. with 2 WS wins and maybe and i mean maybe a third in 10 years,1986 might as well be 1886.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We have a .226 BA this postseason.

Can we now all agree that it's nearly always about the pitching?

(Except for Papi, of course.)

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has pitched like one since Aug 1. Before that, not so much.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stalino. Show Stalino's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has pitched like one since Aug 1. Before that, not so much.

[/QUOTE]

I think it is safe to say so long as Lester continues to have ups/downs such as he has that he will forever be a #2. That is okay in my opinion, we just need to aquire a bona fide #1. Imagine Verlander/Lester or Kershaw/Lester. Nobody would want a piece of that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I saw that Lester now has a 2.11 career WS ERA.

WOW!

[/QUOTE]

Lester now has a 2.11 ERA in the postseason. His career World Series ERA in three starts is now 0.43, with a WHIP of 0.76.

And Pumpsie, no offense, dude, but in May you were talking about how Lester was a 5th starter "at best." You might want to consider quitting while you're ahead.