Lester's an Ace huh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lester's an Ace huh?

Come on, where are all the "Lester is an Ace" supporters?

I could use a good laugh this morning

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Lester's an Ace huh?

In Response to Lester's an Ace huh?:
    [QUOTE]Come on, where are all the "Lester is an Ace" supporters? I could use a good laugh this morning
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

He isn't an ace but he is the best starter the Red Sox have.  And that aint funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Lester's an Ace huh?:
    [QUOTE]Come on, where are all the "Lester is an Ace" supporters? I could use a good laugh this morning

He can be. But he loses his composure to easily when he doesn't get the calls he thinks he should. He made some real good pitches  that he should have gotten and the HP umpire was terrible, but he can't let that disrupt his rythym. He missed location badly early on and I think it's because he lets those things fester.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Exactly, Harv

I said this over a year ago - he needs to grow up - and people jumped down my throat.  He's a little spoiled cry-baby on the mound.  He shows up teammates if they make a bad play behind him (remember his no-no in Seattle until Nava? or the LF botched a routine play?).  He gives up a big hit and he sulks on the mound instead of backing up a base.  I've lost my patience with him and Beckett.  I really think they are a big part of the clubhouse problems.

Anyways, in his last 10 starts 6 of them have been stinkers. 

Sept 4 of 6 and April 2 of 4.  His ERA stands at a robust 6 and his WHIP is 1.5.  That's not a major league starter let alone an "Ace"...

He's lost velocity on his fastball.  I've been waiting for 5 years for him to become an Ace and now I see a pitcher who looks like he has already peaked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: Lester's an Ace huh?:
    [QUOTE]Exactly, Harv I said this over a year ago - he needs to grow up - and people jumped down my throat.  He's a little spoiled cry-baby on the mound.  He shows up teammates if they make a bad play behind him (remember his no-no in Seattle until Nava? or the LF botched a routine play?).  He gives up a big hit and he sulks on the mound instead of backing up a base.  I've lost my patience with him and Beckett.  I really think they are a big part of the clubhouse problems. Anyways, in his last 10 starts 6 of them have been stinkers.  Sept 4 of 6 and April 2 of 4.  His ERA stands at a robust 6 and his WHIP is 1.5.  That's not a major league starter let alone an "Ace"... He's lost velocity on his fastball.  I've been waiting for 5 years for him to become an Ace and now I see a pitcher who looks like he has already peaked.

Maturity and humility are not the team's strong points to be sure. Not only in the SP but in others as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Good point.  A better point is now look at their manager.  Arrogant and the man who tried to sneak back into the dug out wearing a disguise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Isn't CC Sabathia the ace of the Yankees? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If we just had Burnett, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]Good point.  A better point is now look at their manager.  Arrogant and the man who tried to sneak back into the dug out wearing a disguise.

Too early to judge right now. That prank was meant to be funny and it was what, 10 years ago? Maybe he has matured.
    Let's give him the benefit of doubt, and a little more time before we pass judgement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Lester is a #2 forever, and Cliff Lee is a #2... so being a #2 is not all that bad except that Lester is not really even a #2 right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, that's what I will remember him for.

I haven't seen any changes to his persona that would lead me to believe that he has changed but to your point, we'll just have to wait and see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Lester is a #2 forever, and Cliff Lee is a #2... so being a #2 is not all that bad except that Lester is not really even a #2 right now.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Where would Lester be in the pecking order if he were on the yankees, rays, tigers, rangers, angels, phillies, nationals, diamondbacks, giants - he'd be about the #5-man right now.......He's the Sox #1.  Nuff said. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Lester's an Ace huh?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester's an Ace huh? : Where would Lester be in the pecking order if he were on the yankees, rays, tigers, rangers, angels, phillies, nationals, diamondbacks, giants - he'd be about the #5-man right now.......He's the Sox #1.  Nuff said.  Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] That is not nuff said it is over simplication. You really need to let people know you think AJ Burnett is better than Lester, so people know where you are coming from.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

[QUOTE]Exactly, Harv I said this over a year ago - he needs to grow up - and people jumped down my throat.  He's a little spoiled cry-baby on the mound.  He shows up teammates if they make a bad play behind him (remember his no-no in Seattle until Nava? or the LF botched a routine play?).  He gives up a big hit and he sulks on the mound instead of backing up a base.  I've lost my patience with him and Beckett.  I really think they are a big part of the clubhouse problems. Anyways, in his last 10 starts 6 of them have been stinkers.  Sept 4 of 6 and April 2 of 4.  His ERA stands at a robust 6 and his WHIP is 1.5.  That's not a major league starter let alone an "Ace"... He's lost velocity on his fastball.  I've been waiting for 5 years for him to become an Ace and now I see a pitcher who looks like he has already peaked.
    i've been saying this for a year now.the problem is who's going to straighten
    him out.certainly not bobby v or mclure.neither has any respect in the clubhouse which in itself is a big problem

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lester's an Ace huh? : i've been saying this for a year now.the problem is who's going to straighten him out.certainly not bobby v or mclure.neither has any respect in the clubhouse which in itself is a big problem
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if Beckett or Lester have any respect for anyone to be perfectly honest with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I have a few days off next week and will drop in and ask Jon Lester to sit down on the couch. My fees however are high and I hope that Mr. Henry isn't surprised at the bill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I have a few days off next week and will drop in and ask Jon Lester to sit down on the couch. My fees however are high and I hope that Mr. Henry isn't surprised at the bill.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

LOL

Yup, he's a head-case alright.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

First of all Lester has a history of sucking in April.  Arguing he would be a # 5 on other teams is absurd.  From 2008-2011 he has won 65 games, pitched 813 innings with an ERA of 3.33 while striking out 784.  Considering 2011 was a down year for him that is pretty damn good. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yup, Jon Lester doesn't CARE about games in April.  A true sign of an ace who doesn't take every game seriously.

Last 10 starts - in 6 of them he's been ROCKED. 

And don't misquote me - I said he's be a #5 on SPECIFIC Teams, not every team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Beckett's the ace.  Lester has the arm to be an Ace but he's a little light between the ears.  To be an Ace, he has to be counted on to be a stopper.  That's not Lester's thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The goal should be to have a strong five man rotation. The idea of an " Ace " really is meaningless except as a bargaining point for a big contract.  The starters are all going to make roughly the same number of starts. If you reach the post season, you try to use your best as much as possible.  As for Valentine's disguise ; that was strictly for laughs, trying to lighten the mood. He wasn't trying to fool anybody.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The problem was that Bobby was kicked out the game and then broke the rule by coming back to the dugout.  It was shameful.  Bad example setting. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

As far as this NY fan is concerned, anytime Boston wants to let Lester go, he has an open invite to join the Yankees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, Jon Lester doesn't CARE about games in April.  A true sign of an ace who doesn't take every game seriously. Last 10 starts - in 6 of them he's been ROCKED.  And don't misquote me - I said he's be a #5 on SPECIFIC Teams, not every team. 

No team has a #5 that pitches like Lester has the past 4 seasons.  You are a fool.  Sabathia has a history of starting slow as well.  Does that make him a #5 on some teams?  This is just embarrassing.

Sections
Shortcuts