Lester's an Ace huh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Lester's an Ace huh?

In Response to Re: Lester's an Ace huh?:
    Yup, Jon Lester doesn't CARE about games in April.  A true sign of an ace who doesn't take every game seriously. Last 10 starts - in 6 of them he's been ROCKED.  And don't misquote me - I said he's be a #5 on SPECIFIC Teams, not every team. 
    Posted by andrewmitch

which teams is lester a 5 on? Lifetime ERA of 3.59, 245 BAA and 8.3 K's per 9.  Averages 16 wins a year over the last 4 years.

You always kill your points with hyperbole.  there are not "specific teams" that Lester would be a 5 on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

maybe he means he'd be the #5 on a team of every MLB player??

other than that i'd like to see the team he would be a #5 on. Actually, i don't want to know... that rotation would haunt my dreams.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lester's 2.57 Career ERA in the PS is greatly exaggerated due to his first 3 series he pitched great (2007 and ALDS in 2008 2 GS) but since then he has been pretty bad (2008 ALCS and 2009 ALDS) - I believe his ERA is at least a whopping FIVE (5)......so.......once again, nice try................not an ace....move on........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Lester's an Ace huh?:
    Lester's 2.57 Career ERA in the PS is greatly exaggerated due to his first 3 series he pitched great (2007 and ALDS in 2008 2 GS) but since then he has been pretty bad (2008 ALCS and 2009 ALDS) - I believe his ERA is at least a whopping FIVE (5)......so.......once again, nice try................not an ace....move on........
    Posted by andrewmitch

You just said there were certain teams he would be a number 5 starter on.  What are you gloating about dude?  You're more off than the people that say he is an ace.  He is and has been a very good top of the rotation pitcher. I wouldn't call him an ace but what you are saying is ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poster71. Show poster71's posts

So go root for a team with a better ace.  Who the hell cares if he's not an "ace".  He has a 76-36 career record, 3.59 era and is 28 freakin' years old.

Sections
Shortcuts