Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum?

He is a troll. His sole purpose is to antagonize Red Sox fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum?

I have a few others I'd dump first.

The people who kiss Theo's feet are more despicable than our friend Frank, who despite some delusions and slight insanity, is a polite poster who doesn't insult people or use bad manners.

In a twisted sort of way,I kind of look forward to seeing Frank's exaggerated fantasies every so often.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum?

I've said it before and I'll say it until I die or this forum doesn't exist:

It's free and open to the public.

I may not like some posters, and disagree with even more, but I wouldn't wish anyone away to the corn field.

How's that private forum shaping up? I've noticed a few "regulars" who aren't around anymore...my hope is they found their home. I wish more people who would like to be selective would just join the private forum. Or use 'ignore'. Or just learn to not let it bother you so much, it's not a big deal.

Don't take this TOO personally fire, others are FAR worse, you just happened to author this thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am a member of the "private" forum.

I tried it a few times and I have much more fun here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I get and respect your "public forum" perspective Dragon, however if that truly were the case why would the Globe moderators continue to ban several posters over and over again?

In that respect, this is not a true public forum relative to the "free speech" right we all have as Americans. In an online forum like this, trolls always get banned, only to return under some of the myriad of names they concoct. I find it hilarious that most likely they have to maintain a notepad full of aliases and mulitple email accounts that have been banned so they don't try to register under that name again. Babe is the most hiliarious in that he has used Babe, -Babe-, --Babe--, ---Babe---, etc., etc.

IMO in answering the posters thread question I would ban Softy, Babe and Frank in that order. So no, Frank would not be first.

Trolls are a fact of life, just like death and taxes. They will never go away, as their lives revolve around creating controversy, being annoying to the opposition and attacking others comments, while never stating anything positive. They are sad, deluded individuals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Me, I'm amazed at the time I waste on this site, but I'm not going away unless the good Lord has other plans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum?:
    [QUOTE]I get and respect your "public forum" perspective Dragon, however if that truly were the case why would the Globe moderators continue to ban several posters over and over again?   In that respect, this is not a true public forum relative to the "free speech" right we all have as Americans. In an online forum like this, trolls always get banned, only to return under some of the myriad of names they concoct. I find it hilarious that most likely they have to maintain a notepad full of aliases and mulitple email accounts that have been banned so they don't try to register under that name again. Babe is the most hiliarious in that he has used Babe, -Babe-, --Babe--, ---Babe---, etc., etc. IMO in answering the posters thread question I would ban Softy, Babe and Frank in that order. So no, Frank would not be first. Trolls are a fact of life, just like death and taxes. They will never go away, as their lives revolve around creating controversy, being annoying to the opposition and attacking others comments, while never stating anything positive. They are sad, deluded individuals.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Sir,

Extremely well done. 

Extremely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum?:
    [QUOTE]   Me, I'm amazed at the time I waste on this site, but I'm not going away unless the good Lord has other plans.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

"...the time I waste on this site..."

How can reading my ideas and opinions be considered a "waste?"

...and it's free!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I wouldn't dump anyone we do have the first ammendment. Unless of course they went off the tracks and were saying derogutory things about people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum? : "...the time I waste on this site..." How can reading my ideas and opinions be considered a "waste?" ...and it's free!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Your post's are an oasis of sanity, among the troubled minds of others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I get and respect your "public forum" perspective Dragon, however if that truly were the case why would the Globe moderators continue to ban several posters over and over again?   In that respect, this is not a true public forum relative to the "free speech" right we all have as Americans. In an online forum like this, trolls always get banned, only to return under some of the myriad of names they concoct. I find it hilarious that most likely they have to maintain a notepad full of aliases and mulitple email accounts that have been banned so they don't try to register under that name again. Babe is the most hiliarious in that he has used Babe, -Babe-, --Babe--, ---Babe---, etc., etc. IMO in answering the posters thread question I would ban Softy, Babe and Frank in that order. So no, Frank would not be first. Trolls are a fact of life, just like death and taxes. They will never go away, as their lives revolve around creating controversy, being annoying to the opposition and attacking others comments, while never stating anything positive. They are sad, deluded individuals.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Splitting hairs here, but...

1st amendment doesn't apply. People often refer to this incorrectly. Basically - "Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws, with the exception of obscenity, defamation, incitement to riot, and fighting words,[1] as well as harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, commercial speech such as advertising, and time, place and manner restrictions." Pulled from Wiki.

Special attention to mentions of obscenity, fighting words (what a funny phrase...thems fightin words), and harrassment. The 1st amendment does NOT allow anyone to simply say whatever they want.

Also, as far as mods banning people...we all agreed to the terms and conditions when we signed up. In there is mention of harrassing or insulting others.

It is free and open to the public. But BDC has the right to ban people when they feel is appropriate. That is not a violation of any amendments, and it doesn't take away from being public, free and open to anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum? : Splitting hairs here, but... 1st amendment doesn't apply. People often refer to this incorrectly. Basically - " Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws, with the exception of obscenity , defamation , incitement to riot , and fighting words , [ 1 ] as well as harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, commercial speech such as advertising , and time, place and manner restrictions ." Pulled from Wiki. Special attention to mentions of obscenity, fighting words (what a funny phrase...thems fightin words), and harrassment. The 1st amendment does NOT allow anyone to simply say whatever they want. Also, as far as mods banning people...we all agreed to the terms and conditions when we signed up. In there is mention of harrassing or insulting others. It is free and open to the public. But BDC has the right to ban people when they feel is appropriate. That is not a violation of any amendments, and it doesn't take away from being public, free and open to anyone.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

First amendment does not REQUIRE private enterprises to publish your opinions.

The globe can ban anyone they want.

Having said that, I'm upset I was not mentioned on the potential banned list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let’s play Survivor: If you had the chance, would FRNYYGL be the 1st person voted off this forum? : Splitting hairs here, but... 1st amendment doesn't apply. People often refer to this incorrectly. Basically - " Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws, with the exception of obscenity , defamation , incitement to riot , and fighting words , [ 1 ] as well as harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, commercial speech such as advertising , and time, place and manner restrictions ." Pulled from Wiki. Special attention to mentions of obscenity, fighting words (what a funny phrase...thems fightin words), and harrassment. The 1st amendment does NOT allow anyone to simply say whatever they want. Also, as far as mods banning people...we all agreed to the terms and conditions when we signed up. In there is mention of harrassing or insulting others. It is free and open to the public. But BDC has the right to ban people when they feel is appropriate. That is not a violation of any amendments, and it doesn't take away from being public, free and open to anyone.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Free ...

is free. Not licence.  Licence is doing or saying whatever whenever without any consideration for others.  It is utterly selfish and narcissistic.

Free does include the possibility of responsibility for actions and speech, applied personally or by an outer source (society, moderators, parents ... whatever)