Let’s play the blame game;With such a promising roster, what’s the real reason behind Boston’s epic collapse?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Re: Let’s play the blame game;With such a promising roster, what’s the real reason behind Boston’s epic col...

Lack of Character in a lot of players...start with Lackey and Carl F_____G Crawford!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Re: Let’s play the blame game;With such a promising roster, what’s the real reason behind Boston’s epic col...

Crawford was terrible, couldn't even get a bunt down when needed, nor catch the ball in left. A gon....what was his average against the stanks and rays...170? Pitching awful Roster unbalanced and issues not addresed at deadline Defensive mediocrity at short stop all season Basic mistakes running bases, bogars bad calls Complacency amongst talented millionaire country club ball players

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

How many times???? how many different ways?????  & From how many different sources are we going to hear what WE ALL KNOW!!!!   Of course the starting pitching was THE BIGGEST reason for the collapse!  WE ALL KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!

The biggest & most important question is WHY???????   WHY??????

When your entire pitching staff goes south, there IS AN UNDERLYING PROBLEM!

THIS IS WHAT MUST BE FOUND OUT!  

Was it the TRAINING, COACHING, CONDITIONING, MANAGING?????!  Was it a combination of all these?  Was it something else, less easily identifiable???  Did a strange negative culture develop amongst the starting pitchers???   

I think the beginning of the year was the first sign of a big problem!  It was CRYSTAL CLEAR that our starting pitchers came to camp NOT READY!  NOT physically ready, & certainly not mentally prepared.  WHY???  It IS also CRYSTAL CLEAR that there were MAJOR ATTITUDE problems with Dice-K & Lackey.  Lester also seemed to have a majorly negative attitude ALL YEAR LONG!  At the first sign of things not going his way on the mound, Lester was quick to unravel.....  It would all start with his negativity on the mound.  He is clearly healthy, which reinforces the FACT that it was all in his head & with his approach.

We also had FAR MORE THAN our fair share of injuries with our pitching!!!!

SO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP GIVING US THE STATS. WE ALL KNOW BY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE KNOW WHAT THE MAIN PROBLEM WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time management / the FO got to the bottom of WHY???????? 

There was a reason for all this, beyond the fact that Lacky & Dice-K SUCKED!  Any Red Sox fan could have told you that in MAY.  WHY did they. & everyone else, SUCK THIS BAD????? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

MAN!!! 

Sometimes.........  too often.........  The STAT GEEKS ARE TOO SMART BY HALF!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It seems Boston fans turn on Carl Crawford the most....hmmm I wonder why?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Let’s play the blame game;With such a promising roster, what’s the real reason behind Boston’s epic collapse?:
    Posted by walk2run

=====================================
    Nah,we hate Lackey alot more. What a Putz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

theo is to blame. i do recognize his role in 2004 and 2007. that is irrelevant in this discussion. he put together a bad pitching staff, starting with lackey. the size of that deal indicated that theo believed that he was the missing piece to the puzzle for a next ws. i never was convinced that it was a good acquisition. unfortunately i am right so far. 

what's worse is that theo thinks he can be fixed. he can't because he never had the stuff to start with. 

then expecting that beckett would continue to be the ace after how he's been in the two years before this year. this is the second straight year that jb had a bad end to the season.

there's also dice-k.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Let’s play the blame game;With such a promising roster, what’s the real reason behind Boston’s epic collapse?:
    theo is to blame. i do recognize his role in 2004 and 2007. that is irrelevant in this discussion. he put together a bad pitching staff, starting with lackey. the size of that deal indicated that theo believed that he was the missing piece to the puzzle for a next ws. i never was convinced that it was a good acquisition. unfortunately i am right so far.  what's worse is that theo thinks he can be fixed. he can't because he never had the stuff to start with.  then expecting that beckett would continue to be the ace after how he's been in the two years before this year. this is the second straight year that jb had a bad end to the season. there's also dice-k.
    Posted by seattlepat70

Definitely agree that the biggest problem for this collapse is how terrible the pitching staff was in the month of September.  Besides the fact that Lackey had a bad season, the lack of pitching depth was evident.  Even the two aces, Beckett and Lester didn't pitch very well in the month of September.  Additionally, the fact that we acquired Bedard who wasn't healthy for most of his time with this team.  Most of the bullpen also wasn't very good, except for Bard, Papelbon and Aceves.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It takes a ton of things to go wrong for a team with this much talent to finish 7-20.  But the primary reason would be the consistently bad performances by the starters, including Beckett and Lester. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

Posted by walk2run

probably because he stunk..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

The Sox beat the Yanks 13 times, who CARES what Gonzo hit against them?  He had 217 hits ... Yes, HITS.   That is a TON.

Anybody who ranks on Gonzo is a putz.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2150194. Show user_2150194's posts

over paid spoiled brats who hurt themselves enough to take them out of the lineup. I"m sure that their are players on other teams who would love to play here for real and collect  those big pay checks without hurting themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts