Let me just throw this out to you... what do you think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Let me just throw this out to you... what do you think?

Pedro Martinez seems always want to come back to Fenway and end his career as RS player.  I know he's a grandpa now and has issues with his health.  But he is PEDRO MARTINEZ... I consider him the best pitcher in our recent memory.  Let's bring him back as our closer.  an inning or two won't be a problem for him.  He has career era at low 2's.  Imagine him putting all his effort for just one or two innings at the end of the game against already tired opponent batters... I think this might work for both the team and Pedro. 
    Any thoughts??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: Let me just throw this out to you... what do you think?

Just Like this Thread... That ship has sailed !! But here's a thought, Maybe they could sign Randy Johnson as our left handed speacilaist, he would only have to face one or two hitters a game !! LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Is this the best we can do bring back Pedro to close out games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

wow... two little br*ts...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Pedro cant even throw in the 90's anymore.  Cant have a closer that can throw change up and throw fastball in the 80's!  He ll remind me of Kevin Foulke!!

Too late.  Should have been a closer when he was a free agent, instead he want to stay as a starter!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

As a starter Pedro had 4 days to prepare between  games, as a closer he'll have to be ready for three games in row, they'll have him warming up in the 7th inning for his arm to be loose. I figured this OP was a put on, but as John McEnroe said so elegantly "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It would be great to see Pedro retire with the Red Sox.  They could sign him to a one-day contract and then announcement his retirement similar to what Nomar did.   The Red Sox need pitching, but I don't believe that Pedro  would be able to help the Red Sox. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Let me just throw this out to you... what do you think?:
    Pedro Martinez seems always want to come back to Fenway and end his career as RS player.  I know he's a grandpa now and has issues with his health.  But he is PEDRO MARTINEZ... I consider him the best pitcher in our recent memory.  Let's bring him back as our closer.  an inning or two won't be a problem for him.  He has career era at low 2's.  Imagine him putting all his effort for just one or two innings at the end of the game against already tired opponent batters... I think this might work for both the team and Pedro.  Any thoughts??
    Posted by seannybboi

Just like Tek and Wake, his good years are gone sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I'd rather have Pedro back than washed up embarrassments Varitek and Wastefield. But, Pedro is also washed up as aged out.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Stopped reading after "Pedro" ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Pedro is my all-time favorite RedSox player/pitcher. sadly i think he is through with baseball but i am glad i was able to see him pitch in a sox uniform. No chance he comes back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I think pedro should work on throwing the knuckle ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Ridiculous post...just as well bring Manny back too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

pay some respect....

And Traven... I bet you, as a human being, are ridiculous writing comments like that... It's not funny and I hope you weren't trying to be funny... Saying stupid sh*t about former Sox players is ridiculous.  I hope you take out that Red Sox logo from your profile because you dont deserve one... azzzz

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Pedro Martinez seems always want to come back to Fenway and end his career as RS player.  I know he's a grandpa now and has issues with his health.  But he is PEDRO MARTINEZ... I consider him the best pitcher in our recent memory.  Let's bring him back as our closer.  an inning or two won't be a problem for him.  He has career era at low 2's.  Imagine him putting all his effort for just one or two innings at the end of the game against already tired opponent batters... I think this might work for both the team and Pedro.  Any thoughts??
    Posted by seannybboi

If he could speak better english he would be an ideal peanut vender.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Inane notion. How about bringing back Roger Clemens? Bill Lee? Luis Tiant? Jim Lonborg? Oh heck, let's revive Babe Ruth to come back and pitch...he could just close.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, not sure if he would be able to do anything useful on the mound.  But, he could really make for better clubhouse chemistry, mixing up pina coladas instead of boring beers on pitchers' off-days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Posted by seannybboi

What about Johnny Pesky.... Just the thought of him warming up would put the scare into any team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

The Pedro era is long gone.     He made one last futile attempt in 2009.    At his age you don't come back like nothing ever happened.

Sections
Shortcuts