Let us be honest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let us be honest

Regardless of how well any of the following players do most of you on this forum HATE them and want them gone. You also believe that other teams will give you something for the item you say suks. You say one thing like they need a good back of the rotation. They have it and you want something better. You want a better catcher and want Lav or some other guy but forget Salty is a good C not Carlton Fisk of which there are few. Ypou hate Drew but he is 3rd in RBIs with the ave heading up. Every time one has a bad game you use that as a reason he suks. Just say it YOU HATE so and so stop making up excuses and falacies to support your theory of why they suk.

Salty

Drew

Lackey

Gomes

Dempster

Bailey

Hanrahan

Ellsbury

Ortiz

Carp

Victorino

Ciracio

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Let us be honest

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Regardless of how well any of the following players do most of you on this forum HATE them and want them gone. You also believe that other teams will give you something for the item you say suks. You say one thing like they need a good back of the rotation. They have it and you want something better. You want a better catcher and want Lav or some other guy but forget Salty is a good C not Carlton Fisk of which there are few. Ypou hate Drew but he is 3rd in RBIs with the ave heading up. Every time one has a bad game you use that as a reason he suks. Just say it YOU HATE so and so stop making up excuses and falacies to support your theory of why they suk.

Salty

Drew

Lackey

Gomes

Dempster

Bailey

Hanrahan

Ellsbury

Ortiz

Carp

Victorino

Ciracio

Remember when the Sox first signed Napoli for 3-$39?  Eveybody wanted BC's head!!  Then the guy comes down with a degerative disease in his hip....signs for less...gets a bunch of RBI's and you RARELY hear a thing.  So essentially the moto is....develop a disease...sign for litle money and you'll be loved.  Some people here are SAD.  People need to just be quiet sometimes and just root for the team....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I have posted similar threads in the past years. I always get the same response  little to nothing.

If they come out and be honest they expose themselves for what they are, common term is TROLL. Only here to post BS and raise the ire of other posters. They are not Yankee fans either Yankee fans IMHO have more class.

Most are hiding behind the anominity of the internet to say whatever fits their crazed mind.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Not a crazy game it is being honest and most here can not or won't do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I heard Florida was originally a swamp. It still is. That's the cause of all those sink holes, I guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty  Better than most think he is. Thought we should have traded him or extended him.

Drew 100% against. Trade him as soon as he is eligible.

Lackey The minimum wage season brings his cost down. Won't get return. Keeper.

Gomes Better than signing Cody Ross and about an equal talent with less power.

Dempster 100% against. Trade him at the deadline.

Bailey Our only real hope at closer. Won't get any return value in trade. Keeper.

Hanrahan Didn't get trading prospects during a rebuilding year. No value. Bite the cost.

Ellsbury Should have traded him. Now, he's not even worth the sandwich draft pick value.

Ortiz Was not worth the money, but is a Boston Legend. Keeper.

Carp Great role player pick-up with some room for upside growth. Keeper.

Victorino Was against the signing, but felt if we traded Ells, was OK. (I wanted Pagan & extra yr)

Ciracio Great utility IF'er. Keeper

What about Aceves and Doubront?  Should have traded both this past winter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I dig Taylor Swift.  There I said it.  I sing along with my 8 and 11 year old daughter’s when they play her songs.  Honest enough?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Yeah, same here, tcal, w/my 13 yr old.  Sometimes I think Why'd You Have To Be So Mean could be the theme song for this board :)

Also, closet Drew liker here (we have enough no hit guys in the present lineup, don't need no- hit Iggy in it right now too, lets see him hit AAA first, he's still hasn't at the present writing).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Yeah, same here, tcal, w/my 13 yr old.  Sometimes I think Why'd You Have To Be So Mean could be the theme song for this board :)

Also, closet Drew liker here (we have enough no hit guys in the present lineup, don't need no- hit Iggy in it right now too, lets see him hit AAA first, he's still hasn't at the present writing).

"Never- Ever- Getting back together!"

(My daughter is 16.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

:-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Salty

Drew

Lackey

Gomes

Dempster

Bailey

Hanrahan

Ellsbury

Ortiz

Carp

Victorino

Ciracio

Remember when the Sox first signed Napoli for 3-$39?  Eveybody wanted BC's head!!  Then the guy comes down with a degerative disease in his hip....signs for less...gets a bunch of RBI's and you RARELY hear a thing.  So essentially the moto is....develop a disease...sign for litle money and you'll be loved.  Some people here are SAD.  People need to just be quiet sometimes and just root for the team....

Allow me to refine the motto:  Take a blistering over-critical stance on (insert player).  If player fails, crow about it endlessley.  If player succeeds, never reference said player again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I have posted similar threads in the past years. I always get the same response  little to nothing.

If they come out and be honest they expose themselves for what they are, common term is TROLL. Only here to post BS and raise the ire of other posters. They are not Yankee fans either Yankee fans IMHO have more class.

Most are hiding behind the anominity of the internet to say whatever fits their crazed mind.

Some people are masters at it and have been doing it for years here. Even some of the more "respected" posters here have had a couple aliases and think the people who post here are idiots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Salty  Better than most think he is. Thought we should have traded him or extended him.

Bailey Our only real hope at closer. Won't get any return value in trade. Keeper.

Hanrahan Didn't get trading prospects during a rebuilding year. No value. Bite the cost.

Ellsbury Should have traded him. Now, he's not even worth the sandwich draft pick value.

Victorino Was against the signing, but felt if we traded Ells, was OK. (I wanted Pagan & extra yr)

Moonslav overall tends to be upbeat, but the above items show he has real heartburn with this team which right now is headed for the playoffs--and, yes, I know it's May and September is a long ways away.  Like Softlaw, he doesn't think much of  Drew (and probably wants Iglesias) or Dempster or Ellsbury or Ortiz or Victorino, which is 4/9 of the starting lineup plus the only starter acquired in the offseason.  Plus he likes Salty and Gomes, about whom most of us have reservations--at least I do.  He didn't like Doubront or Aceves and right now is looking pretty smart. 

I say all that because I give credit to Moonslav for standing up for what he thinks--and what he thought last offseason. 

As for me, I tend to be very anti-Salty because of the errors, passed balls, wild pitches, and inability to throw anyone out on the basepaths.  But I think he just maybe calls a decent game and his OPS is over .800 despite the K's. 

I think Ellsbury will still deliver, but am right now having some doubts.  Ortiz hitting has been terrific, but he could still--softlaw insists this will happen--develop signficant health problems and miss games.  I was against Victorino's big contract, but am starting to like his overall style of play.  I knew nothing about Drew, but think he just might have been a good one year contract until Iglesias is ready, plus I'm beginning to think Iglesias wants to go elsewhere.  Not a big fan of Ciriaco this year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Aside from the truly evil, like this sicko in Cleveland who kidnapped those girls, I hate no one. That said, it's  hard to say you want any one  individual gone unless you know what you're  getting in return.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Internet forums have a way of bringing out the worst in most of us.

We tend to log on and react based on the most recent games than take the whole into consideration. There is also a great deal of "mob mentality" at work here. The sports talk guys criticize and kick a player when he's down, and the average ( ignorant) fan who does not actually make his own decisions based on overall performance or history based on what other similar players on other teams are doing vs. what aur gus are doing.

If we looked at pro sports as a whole, we would see that it has become a watered down, corporate entity based on drawing in as much money from advertisers by appealling to a broader public than the game was aimed at when many of us were kids. When you make the game more appealing to the overall public , you cheat the real sports fan, you introduce more ignorant , "know-it -all " type fans. These people tend to follow the pied piper of the media and trash the latest player who is disappointing vs. what he earns for a salary ( even though YOU would take that salary and laugh all the way to the bank with it , in a heartbeat) ....see Julio Lugo, John Lackey as prime examples.

I always felt J.D.Drew was an overpaid, overhyped player. Never did I say I "hated"  him.  The player simply did not show me that he cared enough , he seemed too uninvolved and truly I did not "dislike" him as a person, just as a player.

Honestly, too many posters like to sensationalize their venom amd hate.

I prefer to direct my dislike more to the way the overall game is played in this era as opposed to the way  it was when it was purely for baseball fans.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Most fans are content play with the cards that were dealt on opening day.

Then there are fans who migrate to baseball forums and want to keep adjusting their hand.

Every day, week, month.

Pretty good analogy.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

"Hate" is subjective, when projected on others. It's become a childish buzz word of the Left, whose "first ever" is currently engaging in obstruction of justice and abuse of power.

I hate this post.  Obstruction of baseball talk and abuse of rehashed Fox talking points.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Moonslav overall tends to be upbeat, but the above items show he has real heartburn with this team which right now is headed for the playoffs--and, yes, I know it's May and September is a long ways away.  Like Softlaw, he doesn't think much of  Drew (and probably wants Iglesias)

I do like Iggy over Drew, but unlike softy, I know drew is a much better offensive player than Iggy, and I have admitted that Drew has looked better in the field than I thought he was.

or Dempster or Ellsbury or Ortiz or Victorino, which is 4/9 of the starting lineup plus the only starter acquired in the offseason. 

I think my offer to papi would have been high enough to outbid anyone else ($22M/2 + incentives based on PAs that could bring him to slightly more than he makes now. I was Ok with Victorino, if Ellsbury was traded, but preferred Upton & Pagan.

Plus he likes Salty and Gomes, about whom most of us have reservations--at least I do.  He didn't like Doubront or Aceves and right now is looking pretty smart. 

I also liked Ross, but felt since he was slightly better vs RHPs, perhaps Salty should have been traded.

I say all that because I give credit to Moonslav for standing up for what he thinks--and what he thought last offseason. 

Unlike softy, I will admit my mistakes, and since I voice my opinion on nearly every decision, I'm bound to be wrong multiple times. I know sometimes I come off as pretending to know more than Ben or other posters, but it is not intended that way.

As for me, I tend to be very anti-Salty because of the errors, passed balls, wild pitches, and inability to throw anyone out on the basepaths.  But I think he just maybe calls a decent game and his OPS is over .800 despite the K's. 

I get that, but I heard the same thing about Salty last year while he was having a top 5 year in WP + PB per inning caught rates in MLB.

I think Ellsbury will still deliver, but am right now having some doubts. 

I haven't always been anti-Ellsbury. Next to boom, I think I have defended him more than anyone here, until last year (and concerning his defense).

Ortiz hitting has been terrific, but he could still--softlaw insists this will happen--develop signficant health problems and miss games. 

I have been defending Papi vs the Papibasher, softy for weeks now.

I was against Victorino's big contract, but am starting to like his overall style of play. 

He has looked very good, but my issue was the age, and the 3rd year, and the high cost.

I knew nothing about Drew, but think he just might have been a good one year contract until Iglesias is ready, plus I'm beginning to think Iglesias wants to go elsewhere.  Not a big fan of Ciriaco this year. 

I thought Ciriaco was a better fielder than he has shown this year in limited duty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

"Hate" is subjective, when projected on others. It's become a childish buzz word of the Left, whose "first ever" is currently engaging in obstruction of justice and abuse of power.

..and you must not "hate" Obama. You are happy and "gay" about his administration.

Sections
Shortcuts