Let's band together with a new attitude!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

Let's band together with a new attitude!

The Sox need support.  If you are told every day that you suck and are no good and not going anywhere, that is exactly where you are going to go more than likely, as you will eventually turn to believe it.  So WHY NOT believe we are going to do something, there are several mediocre teams this year, look at the standings.  It wont take much to improve our standings, just like it won't take much to hurt our standings.  So WHY NOT change the attitude of the fan base at least, make it a trade, the bad attitude for the good...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Let's band together with a new attitude!

S13, i'm not a Sox fan but just asking...while everyone wants their team to be successful(not always possible) is it really feasible(sp) to ask/expect a fan to bury their dismay of the team's performance...ok, let me add a slight disclaimer by saying given what gets posted here, there may be a different way to channel said dismay, admittedly i'm in no postion to say what that way is, just saying fans are likely going to always come down on different sides of the subject..  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

Thanks for your insight.  I see your point.  I also see you are a yanks fan and your team's tribute to johnny pesky showed a lot of class.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

With a 193mil payroll and what WE FANS ARE PAYING at the park or at home, it is certainly OK for the "FAN TO SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, & CRY OUT IN DISMAY"  !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Let's band together with a new attitude!:
    [QUOTE]The Sox need support.  If you are told every day that you suck and are no good and not going anywhere, that is exactly where you are going to go more than likely, as you will eventually turn to believe it.  So WHY NOT believe we are going to do something, there are several mediocre teams this year, look at the standings.  It wont take much to improve our standings, just like it won't take much to hurt our standings.  So WHY NOT change the attitude of the fan base at least, make it a trade, the bad attitude for the good...
    Posted by Strike13[/QUOTE]

I'm in favor of this but it has to be looking forward to and starting build a new core for 2013.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Let's band together with a new attitude!:
    [QUOTE]With a 193mil payroll and what WE FANS ARE PAYING at the park or at home, it is certainly OK for the "FAN TO SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, & CRY OUT IN DISMAY"  !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]I must really be getting old. I never knew "You S#ck!" was a cry of dismay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's band together with a new attitude! : I must really be getting old. I never knew "You S#ck!" was a cry of dismay.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]As Dad would say........... "SON, well smartarrrrrs, ya learn something new every day" !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox need support.  If you are told every day that you suck and are no good and not going anywhere, that is exactly where you are going to go more than likely, as you will eventually turn to believe it.  So WHY NOT believe we are going to do something, there are several mediocre teams this year, look at the standings.  It wont take much to improve our standings, just like it won't take much to hurt our standings.  So WHY NOT change the attitude of the fan base at least, make it a trade, the bad attitude for the good...

I'm with you on the positive attitude!

The right attitude can make all the difference in the world, IMO.

GO RED SOX!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]With a 193mil payroll and what WE FANS ARE PAYING at the park or at home, it is certainly OK for the "FAN TO SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, & CRY OUT IN DISMAY"  !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

So you would be happy with a very small payroll and no talent type Cleveland,Seattle team and be very happy to cheer on your team.Those fans see things as they are.Watching a game and crying like a baby is ok.... Gas prices, food prices, electric, heating bills,Health ins, car ins, Try crying over that as much as your sports teams.....Try crying out in DISMAY over something that really involves your every day living. If baseball is making a hole in your wallet,just thank god you don't have to worry about all those little things in life.  Time to grow up.....Don't ya ! think????

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Your dismissing all the people, teams that use the negativity as a rallying point. If no other reason to prove the people wrong. It is with that kind of character, championship teams are built on, not on players who need their ego messaged on a daily basis to perform."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Your dismissing all the people, teams that use the negativity as a rallying point. If no other reason to prove the people wrong. It is with that kind of character, championship teams are built on, not on players who need their ego messaged on a daily basis to perform.""

Exactly. Real top caliber athletes use criticism as motivation. 

The idea that what we say, positive or negative, in this forum influences performance is ludicrous. 

"The right attitude can make all the difference in the world, IMO."

Attitude is important to success but is only one part of the algoryhtm. Talent and luck and things beyond our control factor in as well. For example if you do nothing but sprint train the rest of the year, you line up next to Usain Bolt and he is going to whip you, I don't care what your attitude is. 

The attitude of those in the forum, positive or negative, has little bearing on the team. The attitude of the team members themselves is much  more of an issue. 

Ironically, it's the perceived poor or lackadaisical attitudes of some of the Sox team members that results in some of the "negativity" we see here. 

As for the OP this is a pretty unlikeable team and franchise right now which is why just rooting for the team to jump the Orioles in the standings doesn't do a lot. 

I'm still smarting over the condescending letter from Lucchino to season ticket holders. If you want me to have a better attitude about the team, then the franchise can start by communicating with me like an adult. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You can be severly disappointed about this teams performance, whine about it on message boards.....think we need to look ahead to 2013 but still be supportive on the team each game they play the rest of 2012.....they are not mutually exclusive. If a team is playing hard, but not winning, sometimes it is the Managers fault for the moves he makes, sometimes it is Managements fault for putting the wrong pieces together and sometimes the players arent good enough, but it is never their fault because they are making too much money. As long as my team tries each game to win I will support them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Let's band together with a new attitude! : I'm with you on the positive attitude! The right attitude can make all the difference in the world, IMO. GO RED SOX!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

And it has to start first with the players. The positive attidue will only start to work with the team when they rid themselves of both Beckett and Lackey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's band together with a new attitude! : And it has to start first with the players. The positive attidue will only start to work with the team when they rid themselves of both Beckett and Lackey.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I agree the first order of business in the off season, should be finding a new home for Beckett, at whatever price it takes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

How about banding together once Josh Beckett takes some responsibility for his actions, isn't in bars until 2AM and speaks to the media after one of his stinkers. At that point, you can count me in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

[QUOTE]Srike13 is a phony.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Actually it's STRIKE....and phony what?  Possibly the last adjective that would be used to describe me, but whatevs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's band together with a new attitude! :   Actually it's STRIKE....and phony what?  Possibly the last adjective that would be used to describe me, but whatevs
    Posted by Strike13[/QUOTE]That's just pike being pike...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's band together with a new attitude! : And it has to start first with the players. The positive attidue will only start to work with the team when they rid themselves of both Beckett and Lackey.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I agree, the players have to have the right attitude first.  I'm not convinced that their attitudes, Beckett and Lackey included,  are as bad as many people make them out to be. 

I don't believe that Beckett takes the mound with an attitude of not caring whether he gets shelled or not.  I think there are things he could improve upon in showing more leadership, but I don't believe that he doesn't care.   Same with Lackey.