Let's get this out there right now....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let's get this out there right now....

The past  few years we have heard about the Francona Factor.Well here is the new one for all you Francona haters who will ultimately hate Valentine by the 10th game of the year.
    The Valentine Vacumn. The other teams count on him entering it in the 5th inning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Let's get this out there right now....

The Valentine Vacuum? I love it! Cut and print! "Dont forget about the Valentine Vacuum, the opposition won't!" LOL Won't be long Jim, just wait til they lose their first game....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now....:
    [QUOTE]The Valentine Vacuum? I love it! Cut and print! "Dont forget about the Valentine Vacuum, the opposition won't!" LOL Won't be long Jim, just wait til they lose their first game....
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

The gamethread will show no mercy but they will pretend that it was humor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Be ready to watch real baseball this year. No more having to win "In Spite of Francona". No more Sitting and Spitting. The Sox have a real manager, finally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Valentine Vacuum,boy does he suck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Be ready to watch real baseball this year. No more having to win "In Spite of Francona". No more Sitting and Spitting. The Sox have a real manager, finally.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    The forum will be better with you being happy. Merry Christmas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Second guessing the manager is as old as baseball itself. Maybe not always fair , but it can be fun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : The gamethread will show no mercy but they will pretend that it was humor.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Now pike, things have been pretty peaceful with us this last week, not trying to stir crap are ya? Frown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Be ready to watch real baseball this year. No more having to win "In Spite of Francona". No more Sitting and Spitting. The Sox have a real manager, finally.

Dude. Really? I mean, really? Skip the record along...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Amazing how Franconians completely like to forget what happened the last 3 seasons... Good thing John Henry, the only guy who's opinion really matters, Didn't !! The TV Booth may just be the best place for Good Ole Tito, I wish him the best !! Anybody managing the Sox Not named "Tito" Is good enough for me !! Finding "Other Duties" for Bogar has to be near the top on Bobby V's List of things to clean up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I guess Sitting and Spitting will be replaced by Standing and Swallowing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

The first time we see the Bobby V mustache and a sac. bunt.....crazy times...cant wait.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

Sitting and spitting for 2 WS wins, i can handle that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Obviously you know nothing about his past accomplishments or should I say unaccomplishments. Some numbers don't show up here but TF has a much higher W% and a 100 game lead in Ws over .500 in less years as a mgr. BTW Japan does not count in MLB.

TF 2 WS                          BV Zero
    Mgr Yrs From To G W L W-L% G>.500 BestFin
    Bobby Valentine 15 1985 2002 2189 1117 1072 0.510 45 2
    Terry Francona 12 1997 2011 1944 1029 915 0.529 114 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Before Tito there were zero WS rings in how many years?
    Tito was here 8 years and won 2 World Series championships....what else do you really have to say? The Sox had great players before Tito too....How did Bubba Little do before Tito?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Andrewmitch with Drew gone
    Bosox1941, Georom with Tito gone
    Law imitators with Theo gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This is good.  The shoe is on the other foot.  You have already set yourself up as a Valentine apologist.  When he makes mistakes, you'll be one of the ones who has to defend him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : This is good.  The shoe is on the other foot.  You have already set yourself up as a Valentine apologist.  When he makes mistakes, you'll be one of the ones who has to defend him.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
     Nice.  Love turnabout.  It is fairplay, afterall.  I personally am on board the Valentine express.  But, I may try out some annoying, repetitive, one note, broad-stroke criticisms of him this year, just to make Bosox defend him.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Man...the Coma lovers are still chirping! Bobby V is new...give him a chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

pepetheusbparrot-small

I don't chirp. I was only programmed to say " Francoma is a bum"
    Awk, Awk Francoma is a bum. My owner Bosox1941 got me at Walmart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

such a nice and friendly board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Valentine coming in to yank failing pitchers is great with me . . . in any inning. Imagine watching a RS team that doesn't have to overcome a six run opponents' lead because Francoma doesn't want to damage the confidence of an overpaid professional athelete.

Can't wait. Hey, BobbyV, yank at will. Can't wait to see RS managed by a first-class baseball mind. I figure he's good for 10 extra wins a year.

A guy can dream in December, can't he?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine coming in to yank failing pitchers is great with me . . . in any inning. Imagine watching a RS team that doesn't have to overcome a six run opponents' lead because Francoma doesn't want to damage the confidence of an overpaid professional athelete. Can't wait. Hey, BobbyV, yank at will. Can't wait to see RS managed by a first-class baseball mind.Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, yeah, sure thing, Bobby V will be yanking starters at the first sign of trouble.  Third inning, fourth inning, whatever.  So the bullpen will be totally fried by the All-Star break.  Now that's smart managing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's going to be interesting to see who the Francona haters blame this season.  By their own logic, this team allegedly improved with his departure.

So who are they going to turn on when the slumps begin?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine coming in to yank failing pitchers is great with me . . . in any inning. Imagine watching a RS team that doesn't have to overcome a six run opponents' lead because Francoma doesn't want to damage the confidence of an overpaid professional athelete. Can't wait. Hey, BobbyV, yank at will. Can't wait to see RS managed by a first-class baseball mind. I figure he's good for 10 extra wins a year. A guy can dream in December, can't he?
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]
       With the garbage that Bobby V currently has in his bull-pen, his hook might not be as quick as you like, unless you enjoy watching Albers, Jenks, Doubront, Atchinson, Morales, and those are the good arms, coughing up big leads.

Sections
Shortcuts