Let's get this out there right now....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Let's get this out there right now....

In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Obviously you know nothing about his past accomplishments or should I say unaccomplishments. Some numbers don't show up here but TF has a much higher W% and a 100 game lead in Ws over .500 in less years as a mgr. BTW Japan does not count in MLB. TF 2 WS                          BV Zero Mgr Yrs From To G W L W-L% G />.500 BestFin Bobby Valentine 15 1985 2002 2189 1117 1072 0.510 45 2 Terry Francona 12 1997 2011 1944 1029 915 0.529 114 1
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
    Francona walked into a championship waiting to happen, he even said so himself. They almost blew it against the Yankees by going down 0-3. The players were able to overcome the lack of a good strategical manager and win 4 straight games. Imagine if Grady had been manager in 2004, does anyone think the Sox would not have done as well? Imagine if Francona was hired in 2005 and the team was able to scratch out one (1) World Series appearance in 7 years.
    The Sox should have been a dynasty for the last 9 years, they wern't. I put a lot of the blame on an inept manager. I would hope that Bobby V never insinuates that games in April, May and even June are not as important as games in September. Francona said exactly that. I'm very glad he was fired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : This is good.  The shoe is on the other foot.  You have already set yourself up as a Valentine apologist.  When he makes mistakes, you'll be one of the ones who has to defend him.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

You have zero idea what I will do. I'm a fan of almost anyone other than Francona.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... :  Nice.  Love turnabout.  It is fairplay, afterall.  I personally am on board the Valentine express.  But, I may try out some annoying, repetitive, one note, broad-stroke criticisms of him this year, just to make Bosox defend him.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    His managing expertise will defend him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Ha ha, yeah, sure thing, Bobby V will be yanking starters at the first sign of trouble.  Third inning, fourth inning, whatever.  So the bullpen will be totally fried by the All-Star break.  Now that's smart managing.

How did that rested bullpen do last year in September?? How did all those rested regulars do in Sept.? Win today, it might rain tomorrow..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : You have zero idea what I will do. I'm a fan of anyone other than Francona.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Really?  I'm pretty sure you said Eric Wedge was even worse...try to be consistent anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Really?  I'm pretty sure you said Eric Wedge was even worse...try to be consistent anyway.

You're right, I did say that. I'll strive for more consistency in the future. That way you won't have to break away from your album of Francona action pictures.
    PS I fixed the erroneous post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I agree with everything that Bosox1941 says, he is the man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : You're right, I did say that. I'll strive for more consistency in the future. That way you won't have to break away from your album of Francona action pictures. PS I fixed the erroneous post.

LOL, not bad...that's one of the funnier things you've said to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : His managing expertise will defend him.

Expertise??????He has won nothing in 15 yrs as an MLB manager.
    Dynasty and the RS You obviously do not realize all the variables that go into each and every year. They are so many so that a dynasty in MLB is anything where a team may win 2 or 3 WS in 5 years.
    Since 2000 there have been 3 two time winners. The Phils who won in 2008 and have been in the playoffs for 4 straight years and had a better team this year did not win. The Best team in MLB for 4 years in a row won one WS does that make Charlie a poor manager?
    BOSOX I won't say you have no idea but I will say your hatred for Francona has totally blinded you to everything you know about baseball and the variables that a manager has NO control over.
    Players as human beings do not always play 100% perfect baseball.

If Francona had lost in the playoffs as did the Phils with the BEST pitching staff in MLB Francona would have been tarred and feather in Boston.
    Why is there no talk of firing Charlie in Philly?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Expertise??????He has won nothing in 15 yrs as an MLB manager. Dynasty and the RS You obviously do not realize all the variables that go into each and every year. They are so many so that a dynasty in MLB is anything where a team may win 2 or 3 WS in 5 years. Since 2000 there have been 3 two time winners. The Phils who won in 2008 and have been in the playoffs for 4 straight years and had a better team this year did not win. The Best team in MLB for 4 years in a row won one WS does that make Charlie a poor manager? BOSOX I won't say you have no idea but I will say your hatred for Francona has totally blinded you to everything you know about baseball and the variables that a manager has NO control over. Players as human beings do not always play 100% perfect baseball. If Francona had lost in the playoffs as did the Phils with the BEST pitching staff in MLB Francona would have been tarred and feather in Boston. Why is there no talk of firing Charlie in Philly?????
    There's no talk of firing Charlie, because they know first hand that he is much better than a previous manager of the team. Even though Charlie is not in the upper echelon of major league managers, he is without a doubt better than Francona.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I became famous in this forum with my country songs whining about Tito Francoma, "There's a tear and a sunflower seed in my beer" - did you ever hear that song?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : There's no talk of firing Charlie, because they know first hand that he is much better than a previous manager of the team. Even though Charlie is not in the upper echelon of major league managers, he is without a doubt better than Francona.
    Francona has been out of Philly for over 11 years. CM's record in Philly is far worse than TF's in Boston. CM has been knocked out in the first round of 6 playoffs he's been to. TF's is not as bad.
    You always say TF walked into a WS win. WT he!! do you think CM did in Philly after Bowa?

You make comments without looking at facts or use only the ones you like.
    Just admit it YOU and several others hate Francona no matter what he has done or ever will do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Minnie Pearl wore the price tag on her hat
    Bosox1941 wears the "bash Tito tag" on his hat.
    It's an identity thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Francona has been out of Philly for over 11 years. CM's record in Philly is far worse than TF's in Boston. CM has been knocked out in the first round of 6 playoffs he's been to. TF's is not as bad. You always say TF walked into a WS win. WT he!! do you think CM did in Philly after Bowa? You make comments without looking at facts or use only the ones you like. Just admit it YOU and several others hate Francona no matter what he has done or ever will do.
    I don't hate Francona, simply believe that he was, is and always will be a horrible baseball manager.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

give bobby a chance i say

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : I don't hate Francona, simply believe that he was, is and always will be a horrible baseball manager.

You hate him and have always disregarded any stats that show other wise.You say Manuel is better but they are similar. You say Valentine is better but stats show he is worse.

Please explain based upon the history of Valentine how he will be a better manager than Francona. BTW I don't know if you watch MLB network or ESPN but pretty much the majority of the real EXPERTS say they should have kept Francona if they hired Valentine. BTW some of these were former players of Valentine.

So please explain how with facts that Valentine is or will be a better manager. Just don't do what others have done and just say Francoma suks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it warms my heart that Francona still has his cheerleaders - even after he slept thru the worst collapse in Sox history and won't even get a look from any team for a new gig because he was so lousy as a leader and field general...I think his future is in tv where he won't have to make any decisions - just read the teleprompter...

No more of this left-right-left lunacy
    No more Club Med Spring Training
    No more waiting for the big hit to manufacture a run
    No More resting players every six games
    No more chicken & beer idiocy
    No more waiting to be down 4 runs to get a reliever in
    No more abiding by Theo's sabermetrics nonsense...

Valentine may not be the savior - but he won't be the cause of a talented team underachieving...and for that I am excited and grateful...

Happy Holidays all!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Georom is putting us on. He either works for the Globe and is issued a big wooden spoon to stir the forum pot or else he is sitting at home in Springfield and gets a kick out of purposely pushing the right buttons in order to get responses. Read the above, it is staged, full of stupidity and ignorance, and is obviously structured to bait. A game, charade, a troll job. He is not a lunatic. He is just toying with you - trolling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

L-R-L has been vogue since lowenstein/Roenicke.  You need to catch up.
    Since we the best offense, why do we need to change?
    Tito never rests anyone.  It was his biggest weakness.  Ells, Pedey, and Gonzo played at least 158.
    Sabermetrics=Nonsense?  The world has changed since 1967.  The idea that you make decisions looking at the back of a BB card is long gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

joey and pike..there is no crying in baseball...Theo & Tito were fired for their baseball sabermetric nonsense...Bobby V is the new sheriff and he won't baby the players...embrace this!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]
    But most teams do it

Would you say the same if Fielder or CC were on the team. That is what you are talking about out of shape players.

The only two teams in the AL that use the bunt are LAA and TB. Because they have speed and have had no power. Then you do realize sac. is no longer a big thing even in the NL because it has been shown you are throwing an AB away and sacraficing does not lead to more runs being scored.

As stated by another poster Ells, Pedey and Gonzo played 158 games.
    Tek and Salty split the catching.
    Youk was hurt
    Kalish, JD & Reddick split RF
    Marco and Jed split SS
    CC played 130 games
    Texas had 4 guys Os had 3, NYY had 5, TB had 3 with 150+
    So RS did not rest guys any more than any one else.

Totally over blown by Boston Media

Prove this please. Besides all the times I saw it happen it was about saving the BP for the long run.

Which all teams use.

Valentine may not be the savior - but he won't be the cause of a talented team underachieving...and for that I am excited and grateful... Happy Holidays all!

Just remember Valentines record as a manger is a losing record

Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

MERRY CHIRSTMAS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]joey and pike..there is no crying in baseball...Theo & Tito were fired for their baseball sabermetric nonsense...Bobby V is the new sheriff and he won't baby the players...embrace this!

That's a joke, right?  I can easily imagine you truly believing that sabermetrics are "nonsense", but surely you don't think that's why one was fired and the other allowed to leave?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]joey and pike..there is no crying in baseball...Theo & Tito were fired for their baseball sabermetric nonsense...Bobby V is the new sheriff and he won't baby the players...embrace this!

Actually, isn't Theo the highest paid GM in BB?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Geo, Valentine may very well have strengths that were considered weakness' of Franconas, but it may also very well be true, that Francona had strengths that will be exposed as weakness' of Valentine. Every manager has them, it's a matter of balance. For all of you that are touting Valentine as the answer to the Red Sox prayers, let's wait and see how things unfold before anointing him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Georom just might be teaching a class on how to identify an internet troll. He has the characteristics covered very well. He is doing Babe better than Babe did. Hats off to the effort.