Let's get this out there right now....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Let's get this out there right now....

I like - Sweet Tart. 

I predict a Red Sox W.S. victory next year.  Bobby V is just what the team needs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now....:
    [QUOTE]joey and pike..there is no crying in baseball...Theo & Tito were fired for their baseball sabermetric nonsense...Bobby V is the new sheriff and he won't baby the players...embrace this!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

There isn't?

Then...what the he!! have I been witnessing every time Ortiz Ks on a called third strike?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]it warms my heart that Francona still has his cheerleaders - even after he slept thru the worst collapse in Sox history and won't even get a look from any team for a new gig because he was so lousy as a leader and field general...I think his future is in tv where he won't have to make any decisions - just read the teleprompter... No more of this left-right-left lunacy No more Club Med Spring Training No more waiting for the big hit to manufacture a run No More resting players every six games No more chicken & beer idiocy No more waiting to be down 4 runs to get a reliever in No more abiding by Theo's sabermetrics nonsense... Valentine may not be the savior - but he won't be the cause of a talented team underachieving...and for that I am excited and grateful... Happy Holidays all!

I agree completely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Wouldn't it be something if the IP address for Law came back to be the same as that of Georom and Bosox1941.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't it be something if the IP address for Law came back to be the same as that of Georom and Bosox1941.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Yes, it makes perfect sense, in fact maybe all the Francona bashers are actually the same person.  Please keep us posted on the results of your investigation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

This thread, and the Tito apologists who contributed to it, just confirm that they never really were interested in a debate on the merits of Tito's capabilities, and anyone who condemns a manager before he has even started loses all credibility. Bobby V's record to date means nothing, because he has never managed the Red Sox. You might want to take a little lesson from that great philosopher Heraclitus, who pointed out that "You never step in the same river twice." Why don't you let Bobby V step into the river that is the 2012 Red Sox (which, BTW, does not exactly have a stacked roster) and see how he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

What is unique about Bosox1941 however is that he has posted 9769 times in the past four years and 9699 posts involved bashing Tito. Does that sound like a reasonable, logical poster or is it someone with a narrow agenda or a fetish? The Tito apologists however are on many other threads discussing many other topics. They do not exhibit Tito myopia.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Actually, isn't Theo the highest paid GM in BB?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Theo's title I believe is that of president of baseball operations, or something similar to Lucchino of the Sox, so technically he is not the GM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]This thread, and the Tito apologists who contributed to it, just confirm that they never really were interested in a debate on the merits of Tito's capabilities, and anyone who condemns a manager before he has even started loses all credibility. Bobby V's record to date means nothing, because he has never managed the Red Sox. You might want to take a little lesson from that great philosopher Heraclitus, who pointed out that "You never step in the same river twice." Why don't you let Bobby V step into the river that is the 2012 Red Sox (which, BTW, does not exactly have a stacked roster) and see how he does.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

Exactly PSCHULLER....who are the posters who can't seem to move on about Francona? Is it Bosox1941, myself, or any other person who was critical of our manager? No - it is the bootlickers continuing this nonsense by trying to save face about how wrong they were and now making the crazy claim that we can't wait to turn on Valentine.  Anyone who thinks that is dumb, an idiot, or insincere. Francona was a lousy coach during this time - but I understand that his name is on the World Series trophies - I accept that and have even stated more than once that no manager on the planet could have come back from the 2004 hole other than Tito. He was totally cool in that do or die situation. However he was also quite unanimated/incompetent as our clubhouse imploded in 2011 and epically squandered first place and a playoff spot. When Valentine screws up, I will say it...but I'm hopful and confident that he will be better than what we had. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]This thread, and the Tito apologists who contributed to it, just confirm that they never really were interested in a debate on the merits of Tito's capabilities, and anyone who condemns a manager before he has even started loses all credibility. Bobby V's record to date means nothing, because he has never managed the Red Sox. You might want to take a little lesson from that great philosopher Heraclitus, who pointed out that "You never step in the same river twice." Why don't you let Bobby V step into the river that is the 2012 Red Sox (which, BTW, does not exactly have a stacked roster) and see how he does.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

Minus a couple of good arms, the 2012 Sox roster is about as stacked as you can get.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]What is unique about Bosox1941 however is that he has posted 9769 times in the past four years and 9699 posts involved bashing Tito. Does that sound like a reasonable, logical poster or is it someone with a narrow agenda or a fetish? The Tito apologists however are on many other threads discussing many other topics. They do not exhibit Tito myopia.

Where are the other 8299 posts????  lol
    The Francona apologists were forced to discuss other topics because he didn't give them enough positive moments to talk about. On the other hand, he did give us, bashers?, more than enough to discuss for many years to come. Think of the discussions about Grady and the Pedro decision.........they ended, it was a single event. Francona "pulled a Grady" in almost every game !! Keep touting his abilities and I for one will continue to expose the truth about his managerial abilities.. Remember, I had to watch his buffoonery for 8 years. Valentine has forgotten more about managing a baseball team than Francona ever knew. Pay attention, I said V knows more about MANAGING, not more about the game. Francona has been around baseball for most of his life, he just can't manage a team. Ted Williams was certainly a more respected player than Francona, but TW couldn't manage.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Where are the other 8299 posts????  lol The Francona apologists were forced to discuss other topics because he didn't give them enough positive moments to talk about. On the other hand, he did give us, bashers?, more than enough to discuss for many years to come. Think of the discussions about Grady and the Pedro decision.........they ended, it was a single event. Francona "pulled a Grady" in almost every game !! Keep touting his abilities and I for one will continue to expose the truth about his managerial abilities.. Remember, I had to watch his buffoonery for 8 years. Valentine has forgotten more about managing a baseball team than Francona ever knew. Pay attention, I said V knows more about MANAGING, not more about the game. Francona has been around baseball for most of his life, he just can't manage a team. Ted Williams was certainly a more respected player than Francona, but TW couldn't manage.  
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

I wasn't touting Francona or apologizing for him. My post was about your obsession and fetish. Don't you ever talk about anything else. Somehow the point went over your head or else in one ear and out the other. You seem to have a limited range of what you are able to discuss. That is why I often posted the USB Parrot that depicted your style. Talk about being dense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Where are the other 8299 posts????  lol The Francona apologists were forced to discuss other topics because he didn't give them enough positive moments to talk about. On the other hand, he did give us, bashers?, more than enough to discuss for many years to come. Think of the discussions about Grady and the Pedro decision.........they ended, it was a single event. Francona "pulled a Grady" in almost every game !! Keep touting his abilities and I for one will continue to expose the truth about his managerial abilities.. Remember, I had to watch his buffoonery for 8 years. Valentine has forgotten more about managing a baseball team than Francona ever knew. Pay attention, I said V knows more about MANAGING, not more about the game. Francona has been around baseball for most of his life, he just can't manage a team. Ted Williams was certainly a more respected player than Francona, but TW couldn't manage.  
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    Have you checked the rosters of the "teams" that Ted tried to manage? He was a good teacher, but there is only so much a teacher can do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Those who take Georom seriously are wasting their time.  He delights in teasing. baiting, and annoying other posters. It is your time and energy. Go walk your dog instead of talking to a troll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Not many posters seeing the grey area on Tito.  IMO he was past his best the last two years.  When he argued with the umps it was plain to see he was not a healthy man.  He definitely was not suited to continue in Boston.  I called out the lack of respect Lowell, Ortiz, Wake...showed him on and off the field way back. The situation was analogous (but in reverse) to the early 80's Celtics w/ Fitch (hard guy) and Jones (player's coach) it was time for a change in about 2009. On the other hand, Geo you let yourself down because you gotta come up with a better list than this one.  I won't go into all of the silly ones, but on pen moves Torre burned out his pen in NY.  Tito could have done the same under the "big market" pressure of a $170m team, he didn't and that is to his credit not the opposite as you state.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

sorry Tom but all the things I posted were accurate - he relied too heavily on sabermetrics, not enough on instinct, had abso no feel for the game (when it was getting out of hand/change pitchers) and was a terrible disciplinarian. His teams were flabby, lazy, and prone to mental errors....I'm not sure which manager you were watching (Darnell MacDonald pinch hitting in tight games or throwing out Wake/Weiland/Miller every fifth game to get slaughtered when he had Aceves rotting away in the pen???)...it was ugly and your refusal to admit it makes it pretty obvious that you are an apologist who resisted this truth for the past three years...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : Not many posters seeing the grey area on Tito.  IMO he was past his best the last two years.  When he argued with the umps it was plain to see he was not a healthy man.  He definitely was not suited to continue in Boston.  I called out the lack of respect Lowell, Ortiz, Wake...showed him on and off the field way back. The situation was analogous (but in reverse) to the early 80's Celtics w/ Fitch (hard guy) and Jones (player's coach) it was time for a change in about 2009. On the other hand, Geo you let yourself down because you gotta come up with a better list than this one.  I won't go into all of the silly ones, but on pen moves Torre burned out his pen in NY.  Tito could have done the same under the "big market" pressure of a $170m team, he didn't and that is to his credit not the opposite as you state.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]
    Tom, it's funny you bring up the Celtics and Fitch. It was with Fitch that I started to use the phrase, "They win in spite of" the coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Those who take Georom seriously are wasting their time.  He delights in teasing. baiting, and annoying other posters. It is your time and energy. Go walk your dog instead of talking to a troll.

Pike, you actually wrote a sentence! Go rest now and find some things to copy and paste...writing is hard, hard, work!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

My list of reasons Tito had to go would have to include:

-young guys not being professional when preparing, which was shown by the comments of his bench coaches about the young OFs not training hard.

-veterans not even pretending to hustle, almost ever.

-3rd base coaches continually failing and never getting yanked (maybe harsh on Tito but that is what why you get the big bucks).

-Theo had to give the big speech last Spring after the poor start, why?

-He wasn't healthy.

-He got pushed into a catcher caddy system (the prisoners were running the jail).

-Too much faith in spent forces (Lowell).

-A ninth year is probably too long for almost any manager.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sorry Tom, but I have written enough of these coaching criticisms to fill a Bible...all of this has been documented ad infinitum...the reality is until they collapsed, and I was vindicated by the players & managemnt themselves regarding Tito's incompetence, people like yourself were defending him to the nth degree...now you're trying to differentiate between what you think are his failings and what I think...there is simply nothing new under the sun...don't kid yourself...

what I said was 100% true...what his supporters said was completely ficticious...take that up with them and/or yourself, not me...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

all the things I posted were accurate -  I think Joe B. was right. 

he relied too heavily on sabermetrics, not enough on instinct,  Theo not Tito

had abso no feel for the game (when it was getting out of hand/change pitchers) Like Torre?

and was a terrible disciplinarian. True

(Darnell MacDonald pinch hitting in tight games I know you don't like numbers but DMac hits lefties very well, and THEO put him on the team, which I agree is probably not smart.

or throwing out Wake/Weiland/Miller every fifth game to get slaughtered when he had Aceves rotting away in the pen???) Once again More THEO IMO

...it was ugly and your refusal to admit it makes it pretty obvious that you are an apologist who resisted this truth for the past three years...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] What? I would say he should have been gone in 2009 or so. I just don't agree the bullpen and most of your other complaints.  

people like yourself were defending him to the nth degree..  Wrong, just because you say something stupid (sorry) loads of times doesn't make it right.  I think it is fair to call you out on your argument, you have written in the past that you welcome it. Why take it personally? I agree with the thrust but I think you need to raise your game.

sorry Tom, but I have written enough of these coaching criticisms to fill a Bible... almost all of it tosh (a bit of Brit speak on a Friday).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE] all the things I posted were accurate -   I think Joe B. was right.   he relied too heavily on sabermetrics, not enough on instinct,   Theo not Tito   had abso no feel for the game (when it was getting out of hand/change pitchers) Like Torre? and was a terrible disciplinarian. True (Darnell MacDonald pinch hitting in tight games I know you don't like numbers but DMac hits lefties very well, and THEO put him on the team, which I agree is probably not smart. or throwing out Wake/Weiland/Miller every fifth game to get slaughtered when he had Aceves rotting away in the pen???) Once again More THEO IMO ...it was ugly and your refusal to admit it makes it pretty obvious that you are an apologist who resisted this truth for the past three years... Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] What? I would say he should have been gone in 2009 or so. I just don't agree the bullpen and most of your other complaints. We will have to agree to .....
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I guess but you seem to be blaming the GM more for the Sox collapse than Tito...this is insane imo   Fact: Theo was lured away and offered tens of million of dollars to do exactly what he did in Boston....Francona couldnt even get a job interview with all but one team with an opening...quite an indictment for a two time coaching champ isnt it?

I rest my case...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : What? I would say he should have been gone in 2009 or so. I just don't agree the bullpen and most of your other complaints. We will have to agree to ..... Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE] I guess but you seem to be blaming the GM more for the Sox collapse than Tito...this is insane imo   Fact: Theo was lured away and offered tens of million of dollars to do exactly what he did in Boston....Francona couldnt even get a job interview with all but one team with an opening...quite an indictment for a two time coaching champ isnt it? I rest my case...
    Well said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Boys, I will write (oops) it a different way so maybe you get where I am coming from.

I AGREE TITO HAD TO GO in about 2009.  I disagree with your criticisms of him.

Theo and Tito both bombed the last two years or so.

One is young and built two WS winners on about the same money the Mets and Cubs spent.  The other is old for his age, very unhealthy, and just lost his clubhouse.

Of course Theo deserved another chance, he is not the first or last GM to get big pay FAs wrong.  A good majority of the big contract FA all around MLB bombed.  Your specific criticisms don't hold water, they are more about THEO than Tito.

They both started strong but finished bad. Theo is more of a mixed picture:

right on:   Bay, Santana, Werth, Aceves, (keeping Buch, Bard....)

wrong on (so far):  Lackey, CC, Jenks, Cameron, Masterson,.....

just my take.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Boys, I will right it a different way so maybe you get where I am coming from. I AGREE TITO HAD TO GO in about 2009.  I disagree with your criticisms of him. Theo and Tito both bombed the last two years or so. One is young and built two WS winners on about the same money the Mets and Cubs spent.  The other is old for his age , very unhealthy , and just lost his clubhouse.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I sure hope that Bosox1941 has indeed "rested his case", the forum has been waiting for this moment for five years now. I would be ecstatic if he came back and talked about the gestation cycle of kangaroos for a while.