Let's get this out there right now....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Let's get this out there right now....

In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now....:
    [QUOTE]I sure hope that Bosox1941 has indeed "rested his case", the forum has been waiting for this moment for five years now. I would be ecstatic if he came back and talked about the gestation cycle of kangaroos for a while.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

I don't let go of a grudge easily. Eight years is a long time. Time will tell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get this out there right now.... : I don't let go of a grudge easily. Eight years is a long time. Time will tell.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Eight years.  Two championships.  Time, indeed, will tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What's ironic is that the Red Sox managers who have had the most success are also the ones who have taken the most grief and are long remembered for key mistakes.

Darrell Johnson is remembered for not biting the ump's ear off in Game 3 and for lifting Willoughby in Game 7.

Zimmer is remembered for Gerbil, Bobby Sprowl and the meltdown.

Johnny Mac is remembered for Buckner.

Grady Little-no need to mention.

Francona won 2 titles and some fans are showering him with beer on the way out.

I'm not wishing ill on Valentine at all, I hope he does well.  But he is surely going to find out what a tough and almost thankless job it is to manage the Red Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Every manager has a shelf life with any team.Francona moving on was not a bad thing.
    However far too many disregard what he did while here and they also disregard many other things
    All teams now use sabermatics saying the RS relied on them too much is wrong since you are assuming they did. It is why it is harder for teams to steal good (not great) players from other teams.

People say Terry used the L/R line up too much. Guess what the Great NYY teams under Casey did it all the time. Mantle was a SW which is one reason he played all the time. BTW this was on MLB network and the words of Casey and players stated it. All teams do the L/R all the time. Terry was lucky enough to be able to do it since past RS teams were lucky to have one left hand batter. Think Yaz all by himself for so many years.

People say BV will be a great manager but disregard his history. Yet the same people use Terry's history in Philly for why he was lucky to win a WS and why they believe he is so bad. Can't have it both ways.

People hate how he used the RP saying they should try to win at all costs. Yet if the BP was spent the day before they say he is over using the BP. Again Can't have it both ways.

RS fans use stuff against Terry and Theo but totally disregard anything positive.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Another thing is that all managers, no matter how good they are, make bonehead moves in the heat of the moment.  Every story I read on Game 5 of the World Series pointed out the series of bizarre moves Larussa made that contributed to the Cards losing the game.  And obviously he has been one of the smartest managers in the game.