lets give a shout-out to the reverse pivot himself, take a bow JACOBY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: lets give a shout-out to the reverse pivot himself, take a bow JACOBY!

In response to softlaw2's comment:

You do realize that Feway has one of the deepest and largest right fields in all of baseball

I realize that RF provides as much if not more slugging increases for left hand hitters, in Fenway Park.

Comparing stats from one league to the other is absurd. One league has a lineup with a DH and is built for offense, the other has the pticher spot hitting.

Over the next 6 years, I'll bet that J. Upton ends up with more career homers and a higher OPS+ than Ellspuff. That's the true test of who measures up better on the value scale.

All you had to say is "No King......I understand that I will lose the bet and my parents wont lend me the money to pay you off"  It's really that simple....but you can keep coming up with lame excuses if you want....it makes for good comedy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

how a player who didn't get a hit was better than a player who got 3.

RBI's, batting order, defense, energy, patience, plate work with runners on base, are just a frew areas that expose the box score claims. There was a reason why ESPN experts lauded Bradley as the player of the game. It goes with what the player prevents in runs and creates in runs at the critical junctures in the competition.

Kingfarce, AL and NL ball and parks make it impossible to compare a slugging haven like Boston and AL East parks and the DH league. However, J. Upton homered off of Hamels in the Braves win, and that homer was huge in that win.

J. Upton isn't going to cost that much, because he's under contract for years at a lower rate, but I want you to tell Cherry how much to offer your favorite player, Ellsbury, when he desperately tries to create more than one big market bidding team at the end of this year.  

You do realize that Feway has one of the deepest and largest right fields in all of baseball and that Ells is a lefty ...correct?   You also do realize that you DID say the Sox should sign Upton for over $100mil ...correct?  You also do realize that I agreed with you countless times that the Sox should trade Ells ....correct?  You also do realize you're trying to talk your way out of a simple little bet...correct? 

So now that your boy is off to a stellar start.....this bet should be money in the bag for you...correct?

If you're afraid of a monitary bet.....let's do this: If Ells has the better stats for the season you stop posting here for 6 months.....if Upton has better stats I'll stop posting here ofr 6 months...

So again....put up or shut up kid?

There are few things more futile in life than arguing Ellsbury with Softy.  

Yep....just found that out!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

how a player who didn't get a hit was better than a player who got 3.

RBI's, batting order, defense, energy, patience, plate work with runners on base, are just a frew areas that expose the box score claims. There was a reason why ESPN experts lauded Bradley as the player of the game. It goes with what the player prevents in runs and creates in runs at the critical junctures in the competition.

Kingfarce, AL and NL ball and parks make it impossible to compare a slugging haven like Boston and AL East parks and the DH league. However, J. Upton homered off of Hamels in the Braves win, and that homer was huge in that win.

J. Upton isn't going to cost that much, because he's under contract for years at a lower rate, but I want you to tell Cherry how much to offer your favorite player, Ellsbury, when he desperately tries to create more than one big market bidding team at the end of this year.  

You do realize that Feway has one of the deepest and largest right fields in all of baseball and that Ells is a lefty ...correct?   You also do realize that you DID say the Sox should sign Upton for over $100mil ...correct?  You also do realize that I agreed with you countless times that the Sox should trade Ells ....correct?  You also do realize you're trying to talk your way out of a simple little bet...correct? 

So now that your boy is off to a stellar start.....this bet should be money in the bag for you...correct?

If you're afraid of a monitary bet.....let's do this: If Ells has the better stats for the season you stop posting here for 6 months.....if Upton has better stats I'll stop posting here ofr 6 months...

So again....put up or shut up kid?

There are few things more futile in life than arguing Ellsbury with Softy.  

Yep....just found that out!

He was big on ellsbury's "reverse pivot" swing a few years back.  The "reverse pivot" was the reason ellsbury would never hit for power.  Then 2011 happened.  By the middle of that extraordinary year, all he was left with was "he gets bad reads on balls", but you can bet he extrapolated that to prove what a terrible player he was despite his MVP calibre numbers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

He was not the difference for winning today, but his soon to be replacement was. Winning isn't about the box score in a season or a career or one game.

He has a reverse piviot, which is why there was 2008, 2009, 2010 before he was hurt, and 2012. He is not worth more than a 3 year contract, but that won't matter. The time to trade him was with the draft compenastion. He's always been an overrated prima donna who has been a loser on every team he's had the starting season role with.

He misplayed the route on the 2 runs the Yankees scored. He was also thrown out on a base running blunder. He doesn't make plays that win games, which is part of being a prima donna.

That said, the Red Sox should not trade for nothing they'll get, even if he does well into the summer. They should ride it out and take the draft compensation, and take advantage of the fact they can play him wherever and how much they want to during a long 161 game season.

man Softy, Ells just can't do right by you , can he??

Nope.

But upon self examination .... he realizes he is both soft AND SHORT .... which is why he so angily argues againt[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

[QUOTE]

The time to trade him was with the draft compenastion. He's always been an overrated prima donna who has been a loser on every team he's had the starting season role with.

Huh!?  Sorry but Ells has only been on one team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Strike13's comment:

You know  better than to bring facts into this!

Plus, Ellsbury had a pretty decent record as the Sox's starting CF in the '87 World Series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I never said his factual reverse piviot short armed swing would "never hit for power". I said it would never produce power on a consistent basis. I was correct. As for his defense, Moonsherpa will attest to the fact that I made the immediate call in 2007 that Ellsbury has poor depth perception for a starting CF'er and only in the stage of his career where he has his top speed will he be able to keep a starting job in CF. He was terrible, against the Yankees, and caused the 2 "earned runs" against Lester.

Ahh, forgive me.  My understanding of the reverse-pivot short armed swing is, admittedly, foggy.  So, help me please:  The reverse-pivot swing allows for shorter-term power, like , say, one season at 30+ HRS and a .500+ slugging percentage, but, makes those numbers unsustainable?  This is fascinating stuff.  If you could elaborate as to the underlying cause of this fluctuation in power caused by the reverse pivot, I would be grateful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to Strike13's comment:

You know  better than to bring facts into this!

Plus, Ellsbury had a pretty decent record as the Sox's starting CF in the '87 World Series.

yeah, i remember how the media was all abuzz about the Sox' exciting, fleet- footed 4 year old CF'er :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

You don't make the terms of the bet. I just gave you the true test, who has the better OPS+ over the next 6 years. I'll put you down as admitting that Ellsbury is grossly inferior in value, to J. Upton.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!  So in other words you're saying "I am hoping to god that King forgets about this bet in 6 years.......he's so much smarter and better looking than me."

Why are you so nervous about making this a 'THIS YEAR' bet?  All you make is excuses.....you are just one giant excuse.....and a poor one at that.  I can see it now....I take your dumb 6 year OPS bet...Ells sign with the Yanks or Philly and all you do is say it's not fair...those ball parks have VERY favorable Right fields or some other garbage.

Face it kiddo....you've been exposed.  If you want to make a man's bet...let me know....if not...keep playing your video games.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

reverse-pivot swing allows for shorter-term power, like , say, one season at 30+ HRS and a .500+ slugging percentage, but, makes those numbers unsustainable

Those one season numbers don't reflect the reality of Ellsbury's size and poor swing technique of a backward weight shift. The lineup behind a player plays a major factor, as well as the age of the player. Ellsbury is already past his physical peak during the stage of his career where he had enough experience. The reason his median averages on HR and SLG are so low isn't because of injuries, he was healthy in 2008, 2009, and the last half of 2012. It's because he has poor technique and needs the best talent in front of him when he's experienced and at his athletic peak of the mid 20's.

Now, I've noted that you believe he can sustain the 30 HR and high slugging for several more seasons from 2013 forward. We disagree.

Now, counselor, don't put words in my mouth.  I have never said I believed he can sustain any level of performance.  It is of no interest to me to make any blanket statements about players.  To me, Ellsbury is an enigma.  

As such, I was interested in your theory that this reverse-pivot swing,with its backward weight shift, diminishes his capability to produce consistent results.  

You haven't done much to elucidate me from a biomechanical perspective.  But, I have noted  that you believe his 'median averages' (I hope also someday for some explanation of this novel mathematical equation) are not due to injury.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ellsbury was a big loser and prima donna for Oregon State. He wasn't a starter on the 2007 Red Sox, he was bench guy who was called up late, send down, and then called back up for bench duty. Lugo was also really good in his starts in the 2007 WS.

Oregon State went 46-12 and won the Pac 10 in Ellsbury's final year. His coach, Pat Casey, said in 2007 "I think Jack's personality is tremendous." In another interview, he said "He does things across the board that make you win ... he has the humility, the passion, the athleticism."

So according to his college coach, a far better source than you or I, it doesn't sound like Jacoby Ellsbury was "a big loser" or a "prima donna."

I don't know what led to your psychotic disdain for Jacoby Ellsbury. But I will say, it's both pathetic and comical, which even Shakespeare couldn't accomplish.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

BDC Dottie said " Ignore  trolls" otherwise you are encouraging them. No need to report them, wrestle then in the mud, challenge their logic ( or lack of),  no need to insult them ( which they love), just ignore them. Only five trolls left. Talk baseball.

And this comment has what to do with baseball?