Lets have your best reasons why Alfredo Aceves is now the most interesting man in the world......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Lets have your best reasons why Alfredo Aceves is now the most interesting man in the world......

In response to slasher9's comment:

• when Aceves is pitching..the umpire does not call ball four...he merely whispers it.
    • he once threw a pitch so hard that it not only broke the batters bat but also the on-deck hitters bat
    • the pitching coach must call Aceves' people to schedule a visit to the mound

Good one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Lets have your best reasons why Alfredo Aceves is now the most interesting man in the world......

Aceves:"That wasn't Willie Mays making that catch, that was me."

source:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

The longest homerun he ever gave up, was 20 ft shorter than the bomb he hit in BP.

He does not give up home runs, he merely bounces baseballs off bats with such velocity that they occasionally land in the outfield seats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

International man of mystery, a riddle wrapped in a enigma; with wisdom too high and knowldege too deep for all of us. Women love him, men want to go to the plate against him--here are some small reasons from last night why he is now the most interesting man in the world. They're not bad, but I think we can find better.

When he gets sent down to AAA, the AAA team gets Big League pay just because he's there.

When a batter reaches base against him, he doesnt really reach base.

Relief pitchers come into the game after him because THEY need the work.

When he leaves Pawtucket, the entire city's IQ drops. (mryazz says)

I always believed Aceves's motives/performances were soley based on his present role.  When Alfredo is happy he pitches well, when hes not happy with being bounced from a particular role, or not given a chance he feels may be deserved he takes it out through bad performances which only hurts the team.

In this case it hurt himself because we sent him packing to the minors, the last place he wants to be.  So when given another opportunity he took adavantage of it.  Things won't change by keeping him around because you can never keep guys like him happy. 

I still say trade him while he has some stock. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Aceves: "Damn Gonzalez, where have you been?  I have not seen you in the dugout in months!!!"

Gonzalez: "I got traded to the Dodgers, didn't you know?"

Aceves: "Get the $%#@ out of here!!!  Since when?!?"  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

He is the only MLB player whose jersey is powered by fiber optics!

Alfredo Aceves - Aug. 28, 2012

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

When he's called in to pitch, the umpire declares the game is over.

David Ortiz, Terry Francona - May 26, 2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

After I pitch, my manager wants to smell the baseball I used.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He started his career 24-3, the best record ever for anyone in their 1st 27 decisions; that's interesting right there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Aceves: "Damn Gonzalez, where have you been?  I have not seen you in the dugout in months!!!"

Gonzalez: "I got traded to the Dodgers, didn't you know?"

Aceves: "Get the $%#@ out of here!!!  Since when?!?"  

"Wow, wait til Beckett and Crawford hear about this!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He once threw a balk just to see how it felt he then threw him out on his way to 2nd.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ace is playing with a few cards short of a full deck

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

in a charity celebrity game one time, he pitched and struck out chuck norris. when norris took exception to it he roundhouse kicked norris before norris could roundhouse kick him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Aceves:"When I played for the Yankess, I was the most interesting player on the team!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Aceves:"When I played for the Yankess, I was the most interesting player on ANY team!"

Fixed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Aceves:"When I played for the Yankess, I was the most interesting player on ANY team!"

Fixed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Fixed.

Thanks pumpie; your correction sounds better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Not a single person paid attention to my music career (except for Brian Cashman and his stalker) but it's okay because I will always be the most interesting man in the world!!!    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

This is a good thread, keep em coming everything is good.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Aceves: "I also use the moniker, Vin Diesel, the greatest actor, producer, screenwriter and director in the world."

acvesvin

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

He is the only baseball player in the world who can pitch and bat at the same time.