Lets have your best reasons why Alfredo Aceves is now the most interesting man in the world......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Lets have your best reasons why Alfredo Aceves is now the most interesting man in the world......

He knew about this BEFORE Miller tripped. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Lets have your best reasons why Alfredo Aceves is now the most interesting man in the world......

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

He knew about this BEFORE Miller tripped. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

LOL...Excellent!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

When we were growing up, we were told to stay away from certain kids.

When those kids got home, their parents told them to stay away from Senior Alfredo Aceves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

MLBTradeRumors:

Evan Drellich of MassLive.com reports that Aceves and the Red Sox disagreed last week about whether Aceves was healthy, with the pitcher claiming that he had an oblique injury that might keep him out as long as the rest of the season, and the Red Sox denying Aceves had any serious injury trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

MLBTradeRumors:

Evan Drellich of MassLive.com reports that Aceves and the Red Sox disagreed last week about whether Aceves was healthy, with the pitcher claiming that he had an oblique injury that might keep him out as long as the rest of the season, and the Red Sox denying Aceves had any serious injury trouble.

Red Sox writers' reactions:

Pete Abraham - Boston Globe, Red Sox Beat Writer

"Red Sox outrighted Alfredo Aceves to Pawtucket. He's off the 40-man roster. Nobody felt him worth a waiver claim."

Pete Abraham - Boston Globe, Red Sox Beat Writer

"Aceves has options, too. But no claims. Undeniable talent, undeniably a pain in the butt."

Alex Speier - WEEI.com, Red Sox Beat Writer

"Wow- Alfredo Aceves outrighted to Triple-A, this clearing a spot on the 40-man. Means he went unclaimed on outright waivers, despite options"

Scott Lauber - Boston Herald, Red Sox Reporter

"In spring training, I talked to a player on opposing team who wondered why Sox  put up with Aceves. Relationship now seems closer to end"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo

Agent Tom O'Connell is no longer representing Alfredo Aceves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Alfredo does not need an agent. He can represent himself. Scott Boras called actually asking Alfredo to be his agent. Alfredo never worries about trivial things like " clearing waivers." 

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The curious case of Alfredo Aceves

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Clearing waivers does make for interesting thoughts on what is wrong with this man with a very good ability to do his job.

Manny was off center but he did it with a smile and players liked him

Alfredo is off center and must pizz off everyone along the way.

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

My joke post "He has gone under cover for the N-S-A, and had to leave baseball to do it" was "removed". Assinine. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

My joke post "He has gone under cover for the N-S-A, and had to leave baseball to do it" was "removed". Assinine. 

Some people are lacking a sense of humor. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

He goes from 2 million a year to 200 a week at Wal-Mart greeting folks

"Stay stupid my friends"

As always - 100% correct!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The NSA had it removed.  You blew his cover!!  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Here is another candidate for the Most Interesting Man in the World:

http://www.mandatory.com/2013/07/11/this-is-the-most-interesting-man-of-all-time/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl28%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D344045#photo=1

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Ace...... Funny thing is, when I put the dashes in it, it stuck around, just goes to prove that there are certain flag words in forums like this that draw attention. For a while I had a series of posts using the word "mafia" that were inexplicably removed. Did you know that the Secret Service monitors all phones in a 60 mile radius to where ever the President is? They look for certain key words that present a possible threat. Unbelievable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Batman and Superman read his adventures.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Sorry Ace...... Funny thing is, when I put the dashes in it, it stuck around, just goes to prove that there are certain flag words in forums like this that draw attention. For a while I had a series of posts using the word "mafia" that were inexplicably removed. Did you know that the Secret Service monitors all phones in a 60 mile radius to where ever the President is? They look for certain key words that present a possible threat. Unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]

At the risk of being censured by the posters for a non-baseball related topic....

I did NOT know that!  Did this start pre-Patriot Act?  I'm not sure it's as unbelieveable as it is sad, that zealots (about anything) have dragged the country down to the point where this sort of thing is necessary. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He once played 18 holes of golf and shot a 17.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At the risk of being censured by the posters for a non-baseball related topic....

I did NOT know that!  Did this start pre-Patriot Act?  I'm not sure it's as unbelieveable as it is sad, that zealots (about anything) have dragged the country down to the point where this sort of thing is necessary. 

[/QUOTE]

Not sure when it came in. I saw that on tv, I forget what show was talking about it. Its not a widely known fact, but I think its sick. Im about as conservative as you can get, and dont agree with most of what Obama is doing, but I think someone hurting him would only cause more trouble that we dont need and make everything worse. Violence obviously isnt the answer. But Im not sure when it came in. Im sure a lot of those precautions were taken with Bush as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

10/2 A. Aceves Refused Minor League Assignment - Free Agent

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

" I don't always wear out my welcome, but when I do,  it's from a team going to the World Series"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

" I don't always wear out my welcome, but when I do,  it's from a team going to the World Series"

[/QUOTE]

New England weathermen use the sweat dripping from his hat to properly predict up to the minute rain...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I wonder what he's thinking. He could have been part of it if he kept his head on.

It's a shame too, because he did help the Sox at a critical times when the Sox needed a starting pitcher. He had that embarrassing effort against Oakland, but in his other five starts he went:

5 IP, 2 ER, ND, Sox lose.

5 IP, 3 ER, W

6 IP, 1 ER, W

6 IP, 1 ER, W

5 IP, 1 ER, W

The Sox were 4-2 in his starts and 7-4 in his appearances. Had he kept his head straight, maybe he would have been the pitcher to replace Buchholz for three months.

Had he accepted his role as a spot starter and middle reliever, he could have been part of something special. In fact, he might have had the chance to prove to teams he could be a regular starter. I can just picture him, every time he's seen the Sox in the postseason on TV, he probably walks over to a wall, starting banging his head against it, muttering, "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

To add:

I wonder what kind of World Series share will the Sox players vote for him.