Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRAFRGL. Show FRAFRGL's posts

Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades

Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox: On the front burner. My Yankees are only 1.5 games behind your Sox with an injury-ridden ballclub. Brian Cashman is going to be very active in the next month. Don't count my Yankees out just yet.
    Written by\Brian Heyman/lohud.com

NEW YORK — Brian Cashman has put out the word to his counterparts.
    "I've told everybody out there that I'm up for the incremental upgrades or the significant upgrades," the GM said before the Yankees' 3-2, 12-inning win over the Rangers Thursday at Yankee Stadium. "As you see by the moves we're making, they're the incremental upgrades right now."

The Yankees are down to 10 on the DL because reliever Amauri Sanit was released to make room on the 40-man roster for 32-year-old righty Brian Gordon, whom Cashman signed to start Thursday in place of Bartolo Colon, after Gordon opted out with the Phillies' Triple-A Lehigh Valley team. Reliever Lance Pendleton was sent to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to make room on the 25-man roster.

Cashman also signed 28-year-old former Dodgers righty reliever Cory Wade to a minor-league deal Monday after he was released at Triple-A with the Rays and brought him up Wednesday. Gordon pitched well for 5 1/3 and Wade earned the victory with two perfect innings.

"We've got a good team," Cashman said. "But we're wounded in some aspects of it right now. It's up to me and our staff to make it better, plug the holes and improve even when everybody is healthy."

Cashman made it clear he doesn't want to rush his best prospects. He also made it clear he wants top catching prospect Jesus Montero playing at Triple-A and not sitting behind Russell Martin and getting occasional DH at-bats. That's why Francisco Cervelli is second string.

"Is Montero better than Cervelli? Yes he is," Cashman said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Re: Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades

pissttt, you are so correct.  Every pitcher that the yankees have picked up has helped the sox increase thier lead.  Colon, Garcia, Gordaon, Prior, Milwood, who is next Kazmir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades:
    [QUOTE]pissttt, you are so correct.  Every pitcher that the yankees have picked up has helped the sox increase thier lead.  Colon, Garcia, Gordaon, Prior, Milwood, who is next Kazmir.

Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

I know you don't actually know anything about baseball so let me help you out. 

millwood is in the sawx organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox: On the front burner. My Yankees are only 1.5 games behind your Sox with an injury-ridden ballclub

Well, nine games ago you were two ahead. 

And the Red Sox don't and haven't had injuries?  Lowrie, Scutaro, Pedroia, Jenks, Wheeler, Morales, and 3/5th of the starting rotation.

You didn't see Theo go crying and begging last year did you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades:
    [QUOTE]Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox: On the front burner. My Yankees are only 1.5 games behind your Sox with an injury-ridden ballclub Well, nine games ago you were two ahead.  And the Red Sox don't and haven't had injuries?  Lowrie, Scutaro, Pedroia, Jenks, Wheeler, Morales, and 3/5th of the starting rotation. You didn't see Theo go crying and begging last year did you?
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure that Cashman will be able to find anyone who can provide real help via the trade route. Seattle has made it clear that King Felix is not available. Teams will just hold out for the top prospects in return for marginal players. 

Injuries are part of the game. Sox had them last year and the Yanks this year. Cashman putting out the word that he is looking to deal is hardly crying or begging. That's ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox: On the front burner. My Yankees are only 1.5 games behind your Sox with an injury-ridden ballclub Well, nine games ago you were two ahead.  And the Red Sox don't and haven't had injuries?  Lowrie, Scutaro, Pedroia, Jenks, Wheeler, Morales, and 3/5th of the starting rotation. You didn't see Theo go crying and begging last year did you?

Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

That's because theo usually sits on his hands at the trade deadline, while Cashman usually makes some pretty good moves at the deadline.

And I would hardly categorize Cashman's statement as "crying and begging".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

I think Montero is a trade piece that they have to consider trading if they want anything of substantial return.  A front of the rotation guy might not be available but for the right package you could find a team who might want to rebuild.

Forget about King Felix, but maybe someone like Matt Garza, Wandy Rodriguez or Ricky Nolasco could help them.  They have Romine and Gary Sanchez for Catching depth, so I wouldnt be shocked to see Montero go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I think Montero is a trade piece that they have to consider trading if they want anything of substantial return.  A front of the rotation guy might not be available but for the right package you could find a team who might want to rebuild. Forget about King Felix, but maybe someone like Matt Garza, Wandy Rodriguez or Ricky Nolasco could help them.  They have Romine and Gary Sanchez for Catching depth, so I wouldnt be shocked to see Montero go.
    Posted by jb12bb[/QUOTE]

You are correct...They will probably have to part will Montero at the very least to get anyone of reasonable talent. On the other hand, we haven't seen what Montero can actually do in the majors so he is only a prospect at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Why can't the Skanks just sign Clemens and Pettite. That would really make the Sox nervous!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

hey, jrh,

yes, the steinbucks machine is gearing up to bolster the current shaky roster. Realistically, if the Yankees are aiming for top available starters at the deadline, Montero is packing his bags AND if the Cashman goes after King Felix, Burnett and Sabbathia will be on the plane as well...

I feel for you on this issue, it takes a great GM to make quality moves at the deadline. Best of luck!

GO RED SOX!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Yankees keeping an eye on Carlos Zambrano 

ESPN Chicago's Bruce Levine reports that the Yankees recently sent some top advisers to watch Carlos Zambrano pitch.

With a 4.50 ERA this year, $28 million owed to him through the end of next season and a volatile reputation, Zambrano isn't a very attractive trade piece. But, the Yankees might be a team willing to pick up his contract in a salary dump deal. Some of the Yankees' top evaluators have more interest in Ryan Dempster, who has $7.7 million remaining on his contract this year, as well as a $14 million player option for 2012. But, a deal for him is considered less likely.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

^ And i bet that my 2 year old niece's grammar is better than yours. Azzclown. Anyways, I find it humorous that the Yanks think they have any shot at landing King Felix. The organization has made it clear they are NOT going to deal him and the fact that they are only a half game out of the West makes it even more preposterous. And if they do end up getting some middle of the pack starting pitcher, you're going to have to give up your pride and joy- Jesus Montero.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades : I know you don't actually know anything about baseball so let me help you out.  millwood is in the sawx organization.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]
     Haha.."Can You Dig It" is REALLY up on his baseball, huh??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Make A Deal! Cashman puts word out he's looking for upgrades :  Haha.."Can You Dig It" is REALLY up on his baseball, huh??
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Along with his spelling and grammar.