Let's make it easier....who should be retained?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNRaleigh. Show RSNRaleigh's posts

Let's make it easier....who should be retained?

What a mess.  Ellsbury, Pedrioa, Scutaro (despite the bone headed baserunning) and Aceves are a start....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Let's make it easier....who should be retained?

I'll add Gonzalez into the mix.  Beckett and Lester too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

If Tito gets fired, who replaces him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rharts9. Show rharts9's posts

Well overall Papelbon had a very good year.  Maybe next time they shouldn't baby him for 98% of the season and then expect him to be a workhorse for the final week.  I would also like to give Gonzalez another shot to actually show up in a playoff race.  Other than that... can't really make an argument for anyone else. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedGatorSox. Show RedGatorSox's posts

Papelbon.  Irrespective of how it ended tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rharts9. Show rharts9's posts

A monkey who knows sign language would be a start to replace Tito.  All he needs to do is make the players smile and he's good to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

Beckett/Lester/Aceves/Bard/Bedard/Bucholtz   for pitching.
    Maybe a couple of the oddball pitchers.
    But they need 2 starting pitchers.
    You have to go into next season assuming Bucholtz will get hurt again, he seems to every year.

Get rid of LACKEY !  Wakefield needs to retire, Jenks was a waste, Wheeler is useless.

Varitek needs to move on. Goodbye to Drew (Finally)
    Other than that I'd keep everyone else from the field.
    Even though Crawford had a rough year, and he'll never be worth the money, overall I think he'll be decent.
    I live in Tampa and he is a good player, but some are not for the Boston scene. But we'll see.

But the pitching staff is one of the worse  I've seen and I've been following the Red Sox since the mid 70's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gopats1976. Show gopats1976's posts

Jacoby and Dustin should have line-up built around them while they remain at 1 and 2 or 3 in the batting order.

Josh, Jon and Clay should remain 1-2-3 in any order while Daniel is still set-up man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNRaleigh. Show RSNRaleigh's posts

Thinking about it today - using the current roster:

Definite keepers - Aceves, Beckett, Bard, Buccholz, Lester, Morales

Not sure - Atchinson, Doubront, Papelbon, Tazawa, Weiland

Say goodbye - Albers, Bedard, Bowden, Lackey, Andrew and Trever Miller, Wakefield, Wheeler

(that's a significant housecleaning - this is a wish list, but with contracts and all probably not all doable)

Position players - 

Definite keepers - Saltalamacchia, Lavarnway, Gonzalez, Iglesias, Pedrioa, Scutaro, Crawford (pains me to type that), Ellsbury

Not sure - Anderson, Aviles, Lowrie, Reddick

Bye Bye - Varitek, Jackson, Drew, Gathright, McDonald

So only 14 definite keepers from the current roster.  That would shake things up...and be quite impossible, likely!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

In Response to Re: Let's make it easier....who should be retained?:
    [QUOTE]Well overall Papelbon had a very good year.  Maybe next time they shouldn't baby him for 98% of the season and then expect him to be a workhorse for the final week.  I would also like to give Gonzalez another shot to actually show up in a playoff race.  Other than that... can't really make an argument for anyone else. 
    Posted by rharts9[/QUOTE]all Paplebon needed was a REAL MANAGER to walk out there after he'd given up the first double and get in his face and say GDamnit hit your GD location or the whole season is down the crapper.. that's pretty much what a good manger would have done at that point and what Papelbon needed to be said(he's not the brightest bulb in the lamp).. but alas Francoma just stood there chewing his gum and watched him fall apart.. even in Little League through college my coach would come to the mound and raise hell with me to remember what I'm there to do and it worked 95% of the time.. bad manager to just sit there and watch 2 doubles and the game winning single happen without walking out there and raising hell with his closer.. you would have never seen Billy Martin or Earl Weaver just sit there and watch the season go down the crapper without running out there after the number 8 duffer just corked a double off his best reliever in the must win last regular season game.. never 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

they need to clean house and get rid of all the lazy vets. Send ortiz, scutaro, wakefield, drew, varitek, and mcdonald packing. Iglesias takes over a short, larvarnway takes teks spot, right field is up in the air as i dont believe reddick did enough to secure the starting job, and wakefield should retire and can easily be replaced. ortiz can walk and find a multi year deal elsewhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

[QUOTE]they need to clean house and get rid of all the lazy vets. Send ortiz, scutaro, wakefield, drew, varitek, and mcdonald packing. Iglesias takes over a short, larvarnway takes teks spot, right field is up in the air as i dont believe reddick did enough to secure the starting job, and wakefield should retire and can easily be replaced. ortiz can walk and find a multi year deal elsewhere.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]I would NOT put Scutaro in that group.. not in a heartbeat.. the guy is finally getting comfortable at the plate with the Sox.. hell he finished damn close to a .300 BA..
    agree though it would be nice to get a hard hitting good glove RF and a DH that can play the field when needed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Thinking about it today - using the current roster: Definite keepers - Aceves, Beckett, Bard, Buccholz, Lester, Morales Not sure - Atchinson, Doubront, Papelbon, Tazawa, Weiland Say goodbye - Albers, Bedard, Bowden, Lackey, Andrew and Trever Miller, Wakefield, Wheeler (that's a significant housecleaning - this is a wish list, but with contracts and all probably not all doable) Position players -  Definite keepers - Saltalamacchia, Lavarnway, Gonzalez, Iglesias, Pedrioa, Scutaro, Crawford (pains me to type that), Ellsbury Not sure - Anderson, Aviles, Lowrie, Reddick Bye Bye - Varitek, Jackson, Drew, Gathright, McDonald So only 14 definite keepers from the current roster.  That would shake things up...and be quite impossible, likely!
    Posted by RSNRaleigh[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Morales as a keeper--I'd keep Bedard--might try Weiland and Doubrount in the pen (Weiland often looked good for 2 innings)--Wheeler looked bad then looked good then got hurt and has a decent track record so maybe--stickless Iglesias is a not sure for me--agree with all the rest

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

I pretty much agree with all involded in the keeper race. Ortiz, Drew, Morales, 'Tek, Reddick and several other selfish bone heads need to go. 'Tek should stay as a coach because he is a team player. I really believe in Crawford though it didn't show.
      Tito wants out and the crummy pitching coach and the third base coach are awful and must be fired. Personally I like Tito but he is mixed in with a plethora of prima donnas. I cannot believe the likes of Lackey are making a fortune. We are stuck with him and maybe he will rebound after his personal problems go away. However, Lackey is a cancer in the clubhouse. Bedard is damaged goods. Welcome back to the previous 86 years before Tito came. Schil called it  a couple of weeks ago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

they got no wiggle room for 2012...lackey,beckett and cc are good for $55 million,dice k another 10 million,and then come the rest of the big paychecks,ortiz,paps,ells,pedroia,youk,gonzales etc.The farm smells,rated number 15 and no blue-chippers to trade.Next year will be a dog-fight just trying to make oct. baseball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Francona

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Let's make it easier....who should be retained? Francona
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

wrong answer i guess