Lets move on - pitching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Lets move on - pitching

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the posters are under estimating De La Rosa.

Maybe we are just over estimating Barnes & Webster.

[/QUOTE]

Rev Moon,

Leave it to you to be the voice of wit!

I do think Barnes and Webster are legit, and will be in Boston. I simply feel De La Rosa is more of a sure thing, with ace potential. I have only seen him pitch once, pre TJ surgery, and he was on numerous guns at 100 thru 6 innings. Wicked Slider, above average change. His fastball came in on right handers and he reminded me more than anyone else I have seen... of Strasburg. His control needs improving, but he has thrown less than 300 innings, and is only 23 years old.

His physical appearance, and fast ball look, dare I say, like Pedro.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying I do not mean de la Rosa any disrespect by thinking more highly of Barnes & Webster. I like de la Rosa a lot, and most of what I know is second hand about all of these guys anyways. You have some first hand knowledge that I do not share, but I do remember watching Bowden in Portland a few times thinking "can't miss".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bowden had a hard time holding 92 on the gun...avergage at best secondary stuff. Night and day comparison.

I think if De La Rosa hadnt pitched in the major leagues last year, and was not coming off of TJ, he would be a top 10 prospect in all of baseball...

He is the real deal talent wise...HE NEEDS A PITCHING COACH! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But he just came off of tommy john surgery last year.  I wouldnt count him for next season.  Maybe on the following year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But he just came off of tommy john surgery last year.  I wouldnt count him for next season.  Maybe on the following year.  

[/QUOTE]

He didnt just have the surgery. It was 13 months ago, and he has piched for the Dodgers late August/September, with of course the Sox monitoring the situation. He should be 110% at the start of spring training.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im sure deLaRosa and Webster could start in AAA next year. Webster maybe AA and a move to AAA during the season. Although Rubby is over a year off TJS, he needs to regain his velocity, stamina and get his "feel" back for all his pitches. My guess is he could be a mid-year or Sept call-up in 2013. I doubt he starts the year in Boston. Scouts say hes got the best change up theyve seen. Control has always been the issue with him. Him and Webster will start in the minors IMO... As they should.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I don't get why Kuroda doesn't draw more interest. He is probably available in a short term deal ( 2 years ) and he has consistently pitched well in mlb for 5 years in a row, including last year in the AL East and signing him hurts the Yanks. He should be a no brainer at least to kick the tires strong with. We should be front runners on that guy, along with the Yanks. Make them pay for him. At least offer him $15 mil per year, if necessary.

We are going to want to have a shot at winning next year. If not Kuroda then let's look at Sanchez but that's probably a longer term deal. This starting staff at least has a shot at being good enough to make the playoffs if we improve in other areas also and stay a little healthy:

Kuroda

Lackey

Buchholz

Lester

Doubront

Morales ( depth or winning the 5th slot )

La Rosa ( depth or winning the 5th slot )

Barnes ( September )

Webster ( September )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't get why Kuroda doesn't draw more interest. 

Maybe because he turn 38 in February and had over 196 IP the last 3 years.

(They said the same last year when he was 37.)

Sections
Shortcuts