LET'S PREPARE FOR WS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

LET'S PREPARE FOR WS

We have a pretty good chance, so make  this your primary objective... Get rid of the good for nothing, new faces at third, concentrate on the clutchmen that are producing, search for hidden talent in Independent Leagues, especially the Atlantic, get ready for the waivers crop,  throw in the Bogaerts, bradley jr and whoever might help... Solve the Buch conundrum... Put the team success above any player complacency... Bench, platoon or simply discard the unproductive  sacred cows... Shake up Lester the old Durocher way...no more pampering...forget about 2015 turnstiles... The future isTODAY! Win it all NOW!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: LET'S PREPARE FOR WS

some one is jumping the shark.....we still have a ways to go....

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Plenty of Baseball left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's August. Early August at that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

come on! We're all thinking it but you're not suppposed to say anything!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

come on! We're all thinking it but you're not suppposed to say anything!!!

Sort of like a no hitter being thrown in the very late innings and no one on the bench wants to utter a word !!

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Sorry, but you all misread me, my one and only meaning was about a change in attitude and focus on things to strategically do... Cmn you r all intelligent enough to know that the moment of the Snyders. holts,  Depmsters, Nap batting 5th, etc is long gone... We were 2 outs away from losing a series in Houston of all places... Gosh dont believe in childish jynx... We can do it if we properly prepare and act  Accordingly...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

javi60, you and I are on completely different sides of this issue.  You are basically saying this team is a bunch of underachievers, and I emphatically believe they are overachievers and that chemistry has been a big part of their success.  You want to treat a big chunk of the guys who have helped bring success which was completely, totally unexpected, as malcontents and bums. 

What has worked so far, and we are now over 2/3 into the season, is Farrell's leadership supported by Ben C and their joint belief that, when it comes to deals and tweaks, less is more and relying on veterans is the way to go.  Iglesias, the brilliant fielding rookie 3B/SS, left to make it possible to get the veteran starter Peavy. 

If you had your way, I am certain Drew, who hit another game winning dinger last night, would be long gone by now.  Ditto Gomes, who has actually been hitting well since early June.  And probably some others. 

As for tweaking the lineup, that could very well happen, but it won't be because of the WS and will be because of the desire to just get into the playoffs.  In other words, first things first.   

You are also dead wrong about Buchholz, whose own view of his status was confirmed by the leading orthopedist in MLB, Dr Andrews.  What you can't seem to see is that there isn't a player on the roster who doesn't crave to be in every inning of every game.  They are all in hog heaven because no one expected to have the best record in the AL on August 8, 2013 and a 2.5 game lead in the very competitive AL East. 

The OP is just a total misread on your part.  You remind me of Bobby Valentine. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I say let's prepare for tonight's game in Kansas City.  They are playing some good ball right now and they are not to be overlooked.   Then tomorrow, we prepare for tomorrow night's game.

One game at a time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Let's prepare for the KC Royals....the hottest team in the AL.

One thing that never fails to make my laugh is how a guy like Drew can do basically very little, while getting paid very, very well....he hits a couple of homers over a short stretch ( and of course , it doesn't hurt for them to be in the late innings) and all of a sudden he's loved by so many.

Myself, I prefer to see a guy who is consistent in either brilliance, attitude, or desire. We have more players in the "desire" category than in the last few years, to name the most obvious, Victorino, Gomes and Pedroia.

What this team does not have is shutdown pitching. Although it is better than last year. The bullpen relies too heavily on two or three guys and they are getting overworked. The rotation is serviceable, not great....with a healthy Buchholz, actually pretty good. The lack of depth in the infield scares me. We have no backup plan for SS, 2B and we don't even really have an MLB 3Bman, our 3 players who can play 1B are a former catcher, and two players who have primarily played OF.

Joke thread or not, let's not anyone get caught up in the moment. The team is on the upward climb. There are a number of other teams who are now looking to the future, some teams who are now just beginning to mature with their young talent , and the Yankees who seem to be in freefall, with the old guard getting way too old.

The Red Sox can take advantage of a mostly weak group of opposing teams, many of the teams are still rebuilding, or declining. The Sox are probably closer to being a team that CAN win it all this year. But it will depend greatly upon the play of many of the veteran players like Dempster, Peavy , Lester , Gomes, Drew , Salty, Ellsbury and Ortiz...not to mention a few guys in the bullpen who need to step it up big time down the stretch.

Yes, they can win it all. But, I kind of doubt it. Alot of luck has to go along with alot of desire and talent. I see the desire in many, I can't count on the luck, and I don't really see enough talent.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Only changes I would make are

Get Bogaerts up here now.  Even in the worst case scenario he couldn't perform much worse than holt/snyder.  I don't buy that there's any chance of it hurting his future.

Give Carp a bit more time in place of Napoli.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

Only changes I would make are

Get Bogaerts up here now.  Even in the worst case scenario he couldn't perform much worse than holt/snyder.  I don't buy that there's any chance of it hurting his future.

Give Carp a bit more time in place of Napoli.

If Bogaerts becomes 1/2 the player we all hope he can then he's not going to be slowed down by a slump. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

javi60, you and I are on completely different sides of this issue.  You are basically saying this team is a bunch of underachievers, and I emphatically believe they are overachievers and that chemistry has been a big part of their success.  You want to treat a big chunk of the guys who have helped bring success which was completely, totally unexpected, as malcontents and bums. 

What has worked so far, and we are now over 2/3 into the season, is Farrell's leadership supported by Ben C and their joint belief that, when it comes to deals and tweaks, less is more and relying on veterans is the way to go.  Iglesias, the brilliant fielding rookie 3B/SS, left to make it possible to get the veteran starter Peavy. 

If you had your way, I am certain Drew, who hit another game winning dinger last night, would be long gone by now.  Ditto Gomes, who has actually been hitting well since early June.  And probably some others. 

As for tweaking the lineup, that could very well happen, but it won't be because of the WS and will be because of the desire to just get into the playoffs.  In other words, first things first.   

You are also dead wrong about Buchholz, whose own view of his status was confirmed by the leading orthopedist in MLB, Dr Andrews.  What you can't seem to see is that there isn't a player on the roster who doesn't crave to be in every inning of every game.  They are all in hog heaven because no one expected to have the best record in the AL on August 8, 2013 and a 2.5 game lead in the very competitive AL East. 

The OP is just a total misread on your part.  You remind me of Bobby Valentine. 

Most of the times, it is healthy to disagree... I have enjoyed reading your rebuttal, except for your reference to Bobby Valentine, which I have the right to call " a cheap shot"... But putting that aside let me argue as follows:

a) My key arguments as of late started before  the last West coast trip when we had a 4and a half lead, saying this  team was for real  , but with a long hot summer to go, had to sacrifice part of the prospects and trade, trade and trade...We kept the Farm, got Peavy which is fine, but lost Iglesias the SS of the next decade. Hope it works.

b) have never said a word against Drew, Gomes, Salty, etc., except that Peedie, my favorite player is not a third hitter, that I would prefer hitting him second, as always, and Papi, third, ditto

c) have been a small contributor in  the massive posting against Napoli, even started a thread on the subject, claiming to hit him lower or platooning him, like today.

d) have questioned and will continue to criticize Farrell, as a strategic  manager in the dugout, but praised him calling him a master of chemistry in Clubhouse... I do not like some of his maneuvers, and have given my reasons. for instance, you do not sit a hitter that has two four hits games in a row, let the streak ends then rest him... if  Papi is sick, I apologize.

e) In sum, you are right when you say nobody expected the Sox where they are... Great, fantastic, but precisely, why stop here?... I give my reasons, you give yours... Fine... democracy at work... Why then the Valentine issue?

f) Finally,  let it be known that I do not work for Sox or the Globe, that I love the Sox since i was a kid during the 1946 season , when  possibly  your father was not born...

( I reserve the right to continue, forgot the third base dilemma or tragedy..)

Now  I must prepare for tonights game...

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts